Tuesday, October 03, 2006

Bearing Gifts

I decided that when I next visit my brother I should not go empty handed as I often come home with produce from his garden. I suddenly remembered that he'd mentioned he was partial to Lemon Drizzle Cake and I used to make these very regularly so my problem was solved. Actually, I haven't made one for several years so I thought I had better check out the recipe which is in a Girl Guide Cook book compiled in 1979 as a fund raising event. (I did consider putting in a picture of Sam and Becs in their uniforms but thought I might be in trouble; however if anyone expresses an interest I might reconsider). All the parents were asked to contribute recipes and I was even lucky enough to have a couple included. I cannot remember how much the booklet cost but it would not have been much and was good value.

This little booklet has been well used over the years hence the state of it, well thumbed and splattered with food as you will see from the recipe page.











The end result was passable and I am sure my brother will enjoy it, I plan to visit tomorrow. You'll have to wait to find out what else I will be taking him. I'll give you a clue..... yes it's food and loosely relates to this

Labels: ,

14 Comments:

At 3/10/06 20:28, Blogger Beccy said...

Very impressed with the link, I guess you're making blackberry and apple pie/crumble. I would be jealous only I'm going blackberry picking on Friday and will be baking my own yummy desserts.

Lemon cake looks good, one of Ben's favourites, although the cxhocolate cake with marbled chocolate topping I made up today went down very well with him.

I wouldn't mind seeing a photo of me in my guide uniform. It would give the kids a laugh!

 
At 4/10/06 01:33, Anonymous Anonymous said...

See, you've already posted your first recipe. Congratulations. Now how about entering Hay Hay Its Donna Day. Here's the details at Jenjen's site.
http://ilovemilkandcookies.blogspot.com/2006/10/hhdd-6-f-is-for-fritter.html

 
At 4/10/06 02:56, Blogger Sam said...

now you are making me want to pop over the Atlantic for tea.

Barbara - my mum does know who donna hay is because i think she is in charge of ordering my subscription every year which is a gift from my dad. But i am not sure she has any donna hay examples to go from?

 
At 4/10/06 08:10, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I want to see my mum in a Girl Guide uniform.
Mollie

 
At 4/10/06 08:16, Blogger ChrisB said...

Beccy sorry you're way off with the pie/crumble. I'll look out a photo.

Barbara I'll have a look the comp but Sam is right I don't have any examples (except those I have seen posted). Also my camera is very not very sophisticated so photos are not terribly good.

Sam in fact this is something I have been meaning to ask you; the camera battery now needs very frequent re-charge; is it worth me getting a new battery or should I go for a new camera, if so what would you advise I get ? I want to take lots of photos when I go to Boston etc.

 
At 4/10/06 08:22, Blogger ChrisB said...

Mollie I will put a photo on later in the week. Grandma

 
At 4/10/06 12:48, Blogger Beccy said...

Maybe jam? I believe that would transpot well to Dublin if I'm right!!!

 
At 4/10/06 19:41, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I wish I could eat that.
Mollie

 
At 4/10/06 21:34, Blogger ChrisB said...

Mollie next time yoiu come to Bristol I will make one especially for you Grandma

 
At 5/10/06 07:58, Anonymous Anonymous said...

grandma mollie can't eat a whole lemon cake
ben

 
At 5/10/06 08:25, Blogger ChrisB said...

Ben I expect Mollie will share it or else I will have to make 2 cakes. What do you think? Grandma

 
At 6/10/06 15:14, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i think that you have to make a lemon cake for everybody

 
At 6/10/06 16:49, Blogger ChrisB said...

Ben I will do that if you will help me Grandma

 
At 6/10/06 18:34, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i will help you

 

Post a Comment

<< Home