Tuesday, June 23, 2009

China #9 View from The Jin Mao Tower

To get a bird's eye view you need to take the elevater to the top of The Jin Mao Tower
Looking from the top of this across to the top of the Shanghai World Financial Centre makes it look very close. Now don't you think it resembles 'a giant bottle opener'! The original design was for a 'circle' but there was a very good reason why the Chinese wouldn't approve of that design (link will explain if you are interest).
Once you get to the the viewing area you can walk around but there is no outside viewing gallery so all the pictures are taken through glass. Oriental Pearl TV Tower
It was quite hazy and the colour variation on different cameras is quite marked (not sure I altered mine for the better).This last picture is the view looking down to the ground floor from the centre of the tower.It made me feel a bit wobbly looking down there!

Archives:
2008: Fun Monday-72 My wardrobe re-visited
2007: Meme

Labels: , , , , , ,

12 Comments:

At 23/6/09 12:26, Blogger Beccy said...

Wow, amazing views.

 
At 23/6/09 13:49, Anonymous jill said...

that looking down shot made me nauseated just SITTING here. I hate heights.

 
At 23/6/09 16:32, Blogger Anvilcloud said...

Just looking at the picture makes me feel wobbly. Seriously.

 
At 23/6/09 16:59, Blogger Unknown said...

Great pictures!

 
At 23/6/09 20:34, Blogger MarmiteToasty said...

WOW are all those houses and buildings made of paper? :) or is that in japan and just in films lol

x

 
At 23/6/09 23:29, Anonymous Karmyn R said...

It is amazing how big the city is - In my mind they never are.

I had to read why it wasn't a circle - geez - that's pretty idiotic to be that hateful. I know they have a long history between them but who else would have ever thought that?

 
At 24/6/09 00:14, Blogger willowtree said...

Hahahaha! London has the Onion and the Pickle, looks like Shanghai has the Cheese Grater!

 
At 24/6/09 00:15, Blogger karisma said...

I think I would have fainted looking down the inside of that building! Im not too good with heights! LOL! Mind you, you would probably not get me up there in the first place as Im not too keen on cities either. Sydney is so small compared to most cities in the world and I don't even like it there.

 
At 24/6/09 02:11, Blogger Brooke - Little Miss Moi said...

Dear chris. It looks amazing! Such a hi-tech place. It looks like a scene from a sci-fi movie.

 
At 24/6/09 07:05, Blogger Steffi said...

wOW...Fantastic views!

 
At 24/6/09 10:31, Blogger ChrisB said...

Jill, AC it's funny I don't like heights really but can cope with this sort of thing.

Marmie LOL.

WT cheese grater like it :)

LMM I will be getting to the more picturesque things soon.

Karisma I wouldn't particularly want to visit Shanghai again, but despite all the buildings it was interesting to see. I have Sydney on my bucket list!

karmyn I think there is a lot of animosity under the surface.

 
At 30/6/09 04:46, Anonymous Kila said...

Oh my, that last photo made me dizzy. And it reminded me of a Star Wars scene.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home