Thursday, June 18, 2009

China # 8 Pandas at Chengdu

You cannot go to China and not visit the pandas just outside the city of Chengdu, at the Breeding and Research Centre. Everyone loves these cuddly looking animals and as they are endangered it was lovely to see the breeding programme is so successful.
There were a lot of young panda's in the reserve and it was possible, for a large sum of money, to be able to touch them, albeit with gloves to protect the animals from infection (not something I felt that comfortable about as it was a bit like exploiting the animals).

I'm not really sure what this slide show will be like; it looks good on the laptop, however, I often find once I've reduced size and uploaded the quality is lost. I'm still waiting for other people to send photos so I might have some more to show you later. In the mean time I hope you will enjoy these pictures.





Archives:
2008: Witty Wednesday-54
2007: Fun Monday-21 What hangs on my wall

Labels: , , ,

10 Comments:

At 18/6/09 16:54, Blogger Beccy said...

Fab mum.

 
At 18/6/09 20:02, Anonymous Karmyn R said...

Very cool.

I just want to grab one of those and give it a big squeeze.

 
At 18/6/09 22:05, Blogger Anvilcloud said...

Seeing the pandas would be such a thrill.

 
At 19/6/09 05:06, Blogger Amrita said...

They are so cute

 
At 19/6/09 06:11, Blogger Pamela said...

Pamda Bear was my handle when we had a CB radio. Does anyone remember those.. bwaa ha ha ha.

Lovely stuff here. Still wish you'd have packed me in your suitcase.

 
At 19/6/09 08:26, Blogger ChrisB said...

Karmyn we were apparently very lucky to see some of them so active. They just love the rough and tumble. I could have watched them for hours.

AC it was one of the highlights for me.

Amrita the babies look so cuddly but they are very territorial and quite dangerous. I read in a paper, while we were there, that one of them actually killed a wild cat that had gone into his play ground.

Pamela I think I'd have had even more fun with you along :)

 
At 19/6/09 08:28, Blogger ChrisB said...

Actually reading back my last comment makes it look like one of the little ones killed the wild cat but it was a middle aged male.

 
At 19/6/09 16:45, Blogger Sam said...

You need to take up a second career as a film editor. I am so proud of you

 
At 19/6/09 16:59, Blogger ChrisB said...

Sam I hate to tell you the laptop did it as I want to bask in your praise X

 
At 20/6/09 16:02, Anonymous Kila said...

Nice slide show! Enjoyed it!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home