Friday, June 06, 2008

Happy Birthday Sam...and Friday's 40 #6 Entwined

BIRTHDAY GIRL
I remember this day so well. It was a lovely sunny day and I invited a couple of friend's with children to tea. This was the first time the paddling pool had been used. I had just got Sam out of the pool and dressed her in a little blue dress that was a present from her Auntie June. I turned my back for a second to help one of the other children and I turned around to this.......
.......straight back in the pool with all her clothes on, including her first pair of shoes that I still have! I also, still, have the bricks and walker that was her present from me and her dad.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY SAM
We hope you have a lovely day
Love from Mum, Dad and Granny xxx
****************************************************************
When I saw Robin's challenge this week I jotted down a few instant thoughts but was not seriously thinking of joining in as I already had my post for today. Then when I got a little reminder from Robin I suddenly realised that my thoughts, for the picture, actually tied in to my post for my daughter's birthday celebration!

The old and the new
Twisted and entwined
Nestled and nurtured
Forever joined
By strong family ties
That maybe cut
But are never lost.

If anyone is looking for inspiration for a post why don't join in!

Archives:
2007: Happy Birthday Sam + Witty Weds #8 Budweiser Truck

Labels: , , ,

22 Comments:

At 6/6/08 12:32, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love those pictures Chris. So sweet. Happy birthday Sam! :)

 
At 6/6/08 12:45, Blogger FH said...

Aww!! So cute! Glad you still have those pics. Makes me think that I should be more careful with kids' baby pics. Once they are gone, they are gone! Happy Birthday to Sam!:))
Love the tree. Near Bangalore, India, we have a 1000yr old Banyan tree which covers acres with it's branches and you can walk between those!:))
Have a wonderful safe weekend.
I got cold and ear ache, got to rest a bit this weekend. It's 96F and dang HOT here,SUMMER is here!
Barn is being primed and painted red right now, will update the photo, looks beautiful!:)

 
At 6/6/08 13:05, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sam was a VERY cute baby!! And those shoes are so adorable. I wouldn't be able to throw my babies shoes out either.

You're tagged. (come have a peek)

 
At 6/6/08 14:56, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Sam! I love the pictures.

 
At 6/6/08 15:53, Blogger Sam said...

wish I was still that cute! Thanks for all the good wishes, everyone!

 
At 6/6/08 16:26, Blogger Rachel (Crazy-Is) said...

That's hilarious!

Happy Birthday Sam.

 
At 6/6/08 16:32, Blogger Beccy said...

You are still cute Sam, happy birthday.

 
At 6/6/08 16:50, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday, Sam!! Darlin' pictures :).

And, Chris...your poem? Absolutely, positively PERFECT! I just love it!

(headed out of town, in a huge hurry, but I just had to tell ya!!!)

:)

 
At 6/6/08 17:30, Blogger Ms. Kathleen said...

Lovely...this is perfect for a family album...

 
At 6/6/08 17:47, Blogger Unknown said...

You're right the vines tied in nicely with the birthday tribute to Sam! Happy Birthday Sam! You were such an ornery baby. :)

 
At 6/6/08 18:56, Blogger Trog and Troggy said...

Very nice! That is so very sweet.. Happy Birthday to Sam!

 
At 6/6/08 19:35, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sam still looks just as she did when she was a baby! So adorable. And those shoes??

 
At 6/6/08 21:56, Blogger Misty said...

Those photos are fantastic!

 
At 6/6/08 23:48, Blogger Kim said...

Great poem! Love how it captures the picture and life all in one.

Mine's up! Come on over.

 
At 7/6/08 00:04, Blogger ~ej said...

happy birthday to sam!! love the photos....and the little shoes....my mom saved a pair similar to those (were they felted?) from when i was the same age.

great poem :)

 
At 7/6/08 01:15, Blogger karisma said...

Firstly Happy Birthday to Sam, what a gorgeous baby she was! Secondly, how come you keep saying you are not a poet??? Very moving words there! I think you have a hidden talent after all!

 
At 7/6/08 03:58, Blogger Joy T. said...

Oh my! What a beautiful baby!! Happy Birthday wishes going out to Sam! :o)

 
At 7/6/08 10:42, Blogger willowtree said...

Happy Birthday Sam!!

 
At 7/6/08 11:10, Blogger ChrisB said...

Thank you for all very much for your kind comments.

 
At 8/6/08 05:27, Blogger Pamela said...

You still have the shoes and the toys. Amazing.

The picture (Robin's vines) reminds me of the roots of an old Hazel Nut tree that were exposed in the small bluff beside my house (when I was a small child)

Funny how something like that digs up old memories.

 
At 9/6/08 01:48, Blogger AfKaP said...

So cute!

 
At 9/6/08 17:45, Blogger Steffi said...

"Happy belated birthday" to Sam! Sweet pictures and I hope she had a nice day!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home