Monday, June 02, 2008

Fun Monday # 69 I own up to making it !!!


Karisma is our host this week and as she says here are....

"Da Rules.....

Well there are not any really! But you know, we all know that you made your kids so lets NOT choose them this time. (After all you did not make them with your hands or feet did you?)

And for those of you who are freaking out because you make "everything" with your hands, how about you just choose a few of your favourites!)

Those of you who are freaking out because "You never make things with your hands". Get off your lazy butt and make something! You have four days.....now get to it! (You could always bake a cake!) The possibilities are endless!"

Possibilities might be endless for those with nimble hands or feet, so I entered not having a clue what I was going to show you.... but wait a minute didn't we do something like this before..... Fun Monday # 19 was about craft and I showed you a few dance costumes and things I have kept over the years. So if you weren't a devotee of FM back then the link will show you a few things I made in the past and have kept.

I thought I had better add something new....so...the only thing I've made recently (actually on Friday) is some Rhubarb and Strawberry Jam and it was a bit of a disaster because I don't think it set as well as it should have done.
The rhubarb came from our garden and the Strawberries were bought at a local market and came from Cheddar.
It was also rather sweet for me but my mother tried it and she said it was delicious, so I guess it won't be wasted!
I'm not posting the recipe as I wouldn't want to pass on something that I'm not too happy about!

I know this is not what Karisma had in mind, but she did say the possibilities were endless....

so I also MADE A COCK-UP of the printer programme on the computer. We have two computers sharing the same printer. On Friday for some reason the printer wasn't working from my computer. So the jobs were stacking up and I thought I was cancelling them but this action didn't seem to work, instead it stopped the printer. Next I tried re-setting it, however I couldn't work out how to do this properly and somehow I completely knocked out the printer on both machines. I feel very frustrated that I cannot sort it out myself. I am going to have to get someone who knows about Macs to help me out~I bet a call out fee will be costly and I can't wait until my son-in-law visits in August. So at the moment there's no light at the end of my tunnel.....
That's me done folks, sorry it's not a very inspiring post but that means you can quickly skip past me to the real talent, I'm on my way see you soon!

Archives:
2007: Is advertising sexist + Altered Images

Labels: ,

35 Comments:

At 2/6/08 07:20, Blogger Faye said...

No such thing as a disaster when you combine rhubarb and strawberries, ChrisB. I'd "drink" that jam through a straw if necessary. Perhaps if you'd gotten the strawberries from either Mr. Knightley's or Colonel Brandon's gardens you'd have had more luck?

 
At 2/6/08 07:59, Blogger karisma said...

LOL! This is exactly what I had in mind! The assignment was not necessarily craft but something you made yourself! The jam looked very nice, but the picture is priceless! A piece of artwork indeed!

Bravo!

 
At 2/6/08 08:02, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You crack me up with your tunnel. I happen to think that jam looks divine. I'm willing to share it with Faye...and your mom. :)

 
At 2/6/08 08:35, Blogger A Spot of T said...

Well darn I really thought you were going to post that recipe. You big tease! :o) That picture of you is priceless LOL I've been there with the screwing up the computer/printer/insert anything here....

 
At 2/6/08 09:21, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The jam looks delicious and the sugar will keep mom going until she crashes.

That photo of you is so sweet and creative.

 
At 2/6/08 09:45, Blogger Aoj and The Lurchers said...

I've always fancied having a go at making jam but I just remember my mother trying once and it was a disaster so it put me off a bit!

Why not try finding a Mac users forum on the internet? Someone might be able to give you a few clues. A quick Google search will bring up loads but this one seems to be UK based http://forums.macassist.co.uk/

 
At 2/6/08 09:56, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I make MISTAKES everyday, will that do?

 
At 2/6/08 11:49, Blogger Barbara said...

The jam looks delicious Chris. Love the photo of you.

 
At 2/6/08 12:01, Blogger Molly said...

I would enjoy some rhubabrb and strawberry jam on my toast this morning. Your picture is fun. I hope that you can sort out the printer problem without paying big bucks.

 
At 2/6/08 12:51, Blogger FH said...

Happy Monday!:)

Happens to the best of us Chris, don't worry about it. Still looks good enough to eat though, I love Rhubarbs. For some reason, it always reminds me of Prince Charles!:D

You look like a Heavenly being there,a good kinda Devi, Indian ishtyle except multiple hands! Hahaha!!

 
At 2/6/08 13:18, Blogger Hootin Anni said...

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhh, it does NOT look like a disaster at all. Gimme, gimme, gimme!!

Happy Fun Monday.

 
At 2/6/08 13:24, Blogger Gattina said...

Maybe I can paint, but I can't bake a cake, that's a talent too ! and apparently you are good in photos too !

 
At 2/6/08 13:28, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Maybe you could turn the "disaster" jam in to a trifle layer or in the centre of a cake or something? In that environment being sweet and more runny than expected is definitely not disasterous. Have to say the jam looks pretty good over t'internet! Yummy!

 
At 2/6/08 16:47, Blogger Sauntering Soul said...

I've never tried making jam. Yours looks delicious and you might just inspire me to attempt it!

 
At 2/6/08 16:59, Anonymous Anonymous said...

as long as it tastes good, that is okay, does not matter how it looks I like the picture

 
At 2/6/08 17:15, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm just impressed you CAN make homemade jam. Yum!

 
At 2/6/08 17:28, Blogger Jientje said...

That jam looks delicious!
I love making jam too, but I don't eat enough of it!
I have a whole cupboard of homemade jam, and I'm not sure if we're going to France for two weeks that I will be able to resist making a new variety! The fruit is so good there, I never can resist!

 
At 2/6/08 18:34, Blogger IamwhoIam said...

Looks Yummy - my mom made strawberry and reubarb pie so I know that is good stuff.

 
At 2/6/08 19:02, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mmmmmmmm...a toasted english muffin with some of your delicious looking jam would make for a perfect morning, and a spot of tea.

My grandmum would make strawberry-rhubarb pie. There is nothing that taste better than homemade.

No recipe! Hmpth!! I agree you are a tease!!

Enjoyed your photo! Very cool!

Hope you have a great Monday!

 
At 2/6/08 19:07, Blogger Hula Girl at Heart said...

From one jam afficianado to another, your rhubarb strawberry concoction looks wonderful. I'll bet it tastes great, too. Who cars if it's runny?

 
At 2/6/08 19:14, Blogger SwampAngel65 said...

Love your self portrait, LOL!!! Your jam looks yummy, too...really yummy. You made a very cute post today!

 
At 2/6/08 19:58, Blogger Sayre said...

That was very funny! I hope you get your printer problems straightened out - but what a cool picture you got out of it!

 
At 2/6/08 21:31, Blogger storyteller said...

Yum!!! Strawberry-rhubarb jam reminds me of my mom because my dad grew rhubarb in our yard and this is one of the things she made with it eat year. I bet it tastes wonderful even if it didn’t ‘set up’ exactly as expected. Cool graphic at the end of your post. Hope you get your computer/printer issues sorted out soon.
Hugs and blessings,

 
At 2/6/08 21:31, Blogger Pamela said...

you could use it for syrup -- I know this BECAUSE I've made a lot of it by mistake (:

 
At 2/6/08 22:24, Blogger ChrisB said...

faye now it's been in the fridge it's not too bad.

karisma well it is fun mon after all!

susan if you lived close enough you would be welcome to a pot!

joy I'm so cross with myself more about the computer than the jam! It gives embee something to gloat about because it is usually him who does something!

Olive my mum has quite a sweet tooth but she does try to control it!

angela I wouldn't want to put you off making jam~ I used to make it no trouble at all. This is the first time I've tried it with rhubarb.
Thanks for the advice about the computer a friend of hubby's is going to look at it but I might still take your suggested route.

gattina you are being very kind in your comments x

sarah I am going to puree some to use as a sauce over ice cream when my grandchildren visit~ we'll see what the reaction is!!

nikki creating a pot of jam is like painting a picture~ gather the ingredients, mix, stir and boil until set (if you are lucky!)

christine your suggestion would be good but I have been fancying scones and cream with the jam!

pamela I intend to give that a try ~see we are similar!

 
At 2/6/08 22:32, Blogger Jo Beaufoix said...

That was so cool. You tried something new and you made it yourself. Fantastic.

 
At 3/6/08 00:33, Blogger Heather said...

Your jam looks yummy! And I am forever calling my husband with questions about the Mac (his idea to buy one, after all!)

 
At 3/6/08 00:47, Blogger Betty said...

Oh, Chris, I think your rhubarb, strawberry jam looks delicious. I love both those and especially mixed together.

Don't know what kind of printer you have, but printers are so cheap now days that it would probably cost you less to buy a new one than it would to have someone come out and fix that one. Just a thought.

 
At 3/6/08 01:00, Blogger Rose said...

Like the color of your deserts so I think I would like the taste.
Love your picture,very cool.

 
At 3/6/08 03:04, Blogger Alison said...

I love making jam, and I am sure it tasted fine, many of my batches looked horrible but tasted fine! Great picture!!

 
At 3/6/08 08:30, Blogger bichonpawz said...

The jam looks fabulous!! And yes...the picture looks like art!!

 
At 3/6/08 08:31, Blogger ChrisB said...

heather we love our macs but my husband knows even less then me that's the problem!

betty it's not the actual printer it's because I've fiddled around with the programme that runs it!!

jientje I think I am out of practise, as this was the first time I've made jam for years!

 
At 3/6/08 20:24, Blogger Melanie said...

That picture of you is way too funny!

Our Happy Happenings
Livin' With Me

 
At 4/6/08 02:52, Blogger Unknown said...

I'm amazed at how many cooks there were on this fm. :)

I like what you did to your photo. :) I feel that often.

 
At 4/6/08 12:12, Blogger Steffi said...

The jam looks delicious Chris. Yummy!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home