Saturday, May 31, 2008

Not a day of rest!!

Embee has been very busy today. The first thing he had to do was mend the cistern in the cloakroom. This involved fitting a new ball cock but it does seem to have resolved the overflow problem. I'm now anxiously waiting to see if the carpet will dry out without leaving any stains!

Doing this little job obviously put him in a working mood, because he then decided to go and try and repair our neighbour's gate. You would be right in thinking that you have read this before, he thought it was fixed the last time he did it, (I won't go into details but it might have had something to do with the 'old cement' not being a good idea~and no that was not Embee's doing!). I couldn't resist getting the camera out. He had no idea I was taking photos of his progress!


He went back after lunch and is now waiting for filler to set~ I think this is going to take longer than he expected! He's just come back in, and what was the first thing he did.......switch the TV on!!! But he does deserve a rest~(yes I am creeping!)~I've got to keep in his good books because I'm waiting for a shelter to be built to protect the tortoise's feeding area~ the birds keep stealing all the fruit I put out for them, and I cannot afford to feed the wild birds such luxuries!

Now I wouldn't want you to think I have been sitting around blogging while he has been working! I have done a couple of loads of laundry, washed floors, cleaned the porch, and the bathroom as well as getting all the green algae off the decking~ and yes I did take a photo to prove it!


It was my grand daughter's birthday a couple of weeks ago, but she is having her party today so I'm hoping the weather is as good in Dublin as it is here. Have a great time Mollie.

Archives:
2007: Name this tree

Labels: , , ,

8 Comments:

At 31/5/08 18:33, Blogger Anvilcloud said...

I hope that you can rest tomorrow and enjoy it twice as much because you've earned it. Not that you hadn't already, mind you.

 
At 31/5/08 19:13, Blogger Beckie said...

I tried to leave a comment, but it said it was a duplicate action. I have been having trouble leaving comments on Blogger lately - it has decided it doesn't like me.

You two have been very busy. The cartoon clouds made me laugh out loud.

 
At 1/6/08 01:06, Blogger Dea said...

Chris you are so good with photos! poor Embee!:) Fun post! I'm still hoping for a meringue mice piccie! :)

 
At 1/6/08 04:45, Blogger Joy T. said...

Hey nice boots! Looks like you two have been busy. Try and rest now will you :o)

 
At 1/6/08 05:31, Blogger Alison said...

looks like both of you were busy....I always love the feeling of accomplishment when I get chores done!!

 
At 1/6/08 08:47, Blogger Beccy said...

Weather was fab, party a great success, bouncy castle was brilliant and Mollie got lovely presents.

Could you not make a scarecrow to scare away the birds?

 
At 1/6/08 10:07, Blogger ChrisB said...

AC no such luck I'm afraid!

beckie blogger is weird sometimes because I've had that duplicate thing but not recently so it's moved on to you. I'm in big trouble because I've messed up the printer programme on the computer!

deborah I'll see if I can find a photo in one of my albums!

alison I know what you mean~it's great once it's all :)

joy those are my old doggie walking boot and my Tamsie has been dead 15 years so that will tell you how old they are!!

Beccy the birds are pretty bold so don't think a scarecrow would have the desired effect!

 
At 4/6/08 19:00, Blogger ~ej said...

i love your cartoon bubbles....and check out all of his tools....and ALL in one place! ;)

cute boots....i only managed to sweep and mop our outside deck so far! ;)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home