Wednesday, June 06, 2007

Witty Wednesday # 8 Budweiser truck


Jack was sitting on the plane when a guy took the seat beside
him. The guy was an emotional wreck, pale, hands shaking,
moaning in fear. "What's the matter?" Jack asked.
"I've been transferred to New Orleans. There's crazy
people there. They've got lots of shootings, gangs, race
riots, drugs, poor public schools and the highest crime
rate."
Jack replied, "I've lived in New Orleans all my life. It's
not as bad as the media says. Find a nice home, go to
work, mind your own business, enroll your kids in a nice
private school. It's as safe a place as anywhere in the
world."
The guy relaxed and stopped shaking and said, "Oh, thank
you. I've been worried to death. But if you live there
and say it's OK, I'll take your word for it. What do
ou do for a living?"
"Me?" asked Jack. "I'm a tail gunner on a Budweiser truck."


Hope this gives you a laugh and no offence intended to anyone living in New Orleans.

Labels: ,

11 Comments:

At 6/6/07 15:52, Blogger Unknown said...

Nice one...lmao!

 
At 6/6/07 16:43, Blogger Kila said...

LOL, cute.

I don't think I'd visit there anytime soon. It was shocking to learn how things are down there.

 
At 6/6/07 17:02, Blogger ChrisB said...

kila it's somewhere I had always wanted to visit but it's off my wish list now.

 
At 6/6/07 17:13, Blogger my4kids said...

That it a funny joke though could go for several other cities in the US also.

 
At 6/6/07 17:49, Blogger ChrisB said...

my4kids and parts of some UK cities as well.

 
At 6/6/07 21:14, Blogger Beckie said...

Very funny - but where did you get the picture?

 
At 6/6/07 21:20, Blogger Rachel (Crazy-Is) said...

Bwaaaahahahahaha! I love it! Although, unfortunately I can relate. My fair city isn't, um, well, all that nice.

 
At 6/6/07 21:25, Blogger ChrisB said...

beckie embee (hubby) was sent it from a friend I think I only get to see some of the cleaner jokes !!

rachel now I shall have to google Cordova and find out a bit more about it. Truthfully it's not somewhere I've ever heard of.

 
At 7/6/07 01:47, Blogger Unknown said...

What the heck is a tail gunner?


New Orleans isn't that bad. I love it there. It's a shame how Katrina wreaked so much devastation...but I'd still go back if I ever get the chance. There are some good people there, that's for sure.

 
At 7/6/07 09:01, Blogger ChrisB said...

tiger lamb girl the people in NO have had a terrible time I was watching a TV programme about it a few months back and I felt so sorry for the families who lost everything.
Wasn't sure if that ? was a tongue in cheektail gunner=

 
At 7/6/07 09:25, Blogger Unknown said...

ahh, doh, i thought there must be some other meaning i just wasn't getting....guess i was having a slow day, lol.
i think we must have seen the same programme...very sad.....some families still waiting (even today) for housing!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home