Sunday, January 06, 2008

5 post meme... 7 things about me


I'm feeling rather guilty because I haven't done these meme's. I had intended to post them over the Christmas period but somehow other things got in the way. So today I sat myself down with a cup of Tim Horton's coffee that my Canadian friend brought me for Christmas and started with the first meme from Lisa (as in chaos)

The rules:
*
Post 5 links to 5 of your previously written posts. The posts have to relate to the 5 key words given below (family, friend, yourself, your love, anything you like).
*
Tag 5 other friends to do this meme. Try to tag at least 2 new acquaintances (if not, your current blog buddies will do) so that you get to know them each a little bit better.
*
Don’t forget to read the archived post and leave comments.


So far so good....I had a little think.....looked back through my past post and linked in the ones I had chosen. I was just about to look up the links for the people I was intending to tag and I must have hit a wrong button because everything had disappeared from the screen. Before you suggest 'undo' I had passed the command point for retrieving. So I had to search back in Lisa's archives to find the original post and here I am starting over. This was supposed to be a quick and easy post!!!!

OK..here we go let's hope it's second time lucky!!!!

Family - I do write about the family but decided that I would link to skype post because it is so nice to be able to see my children and grandchildren as well as just talk to them. I miss them so much, and as they live so far away I don't get to see them as often as I would like. Having said that I have seen them all within the last couple of months. If you need a choice then how about a reminder of Embee's 70th birthday bash

Friend- I have a friend called Tina, (some of you may remember we went to Canada back in the summer), whom I see most weeks when we go swimming. She has also won competitions for a couple of weeks in holiday appartments in Spain and this is the first trip we had to Costa del Sol

Yourself - I haven't written that much about me but remember this post about summer in the 50's

Your love - I think there was a Fun Monday post that would have fitted the bill for this but instead I will leave you with an embee post. I have no romance in my soul according to him so it has to be practical!

Anything you want - well how about one of my early posts which was about our recycling system

Ok, on to tagging 5 people. I know people have very mixed feelings about being tagged so I want to say ONLY do this if you feel inclined.
I’m tagging Beccy because although I know Lisa also tagged her I'm not sure she saw it as it was around the time her computer broke. Next I thought how about three sisters BS-The First of Six, SJ- And All The Jones Men, and recently joining them is LB-The Fifth of Six. Finally La Bellina Mammina.


*******************************************************************
7 Things about me

Alix also tagged me to tell 7 things you don't know about me! So difficult I'm dull and boring.......

1) I took my first trip to the States in 2001 just after 9/11 when I took my mother to visit Sam in San Francisco.

2) As a very young child we lived in a cottage with no indoor sanitation, we had water from a well we shared with a neighbour and my mother cooked on an oil stove and had oil lamps. A lot has changed in 60 years!!

3) I'm quite shy and not really very confident with people I don't know.

4) I think I'm allergic to oysters as the only time I ever tried them I was violently ill. This was when I was in Portugal with Sam in 2000.

5) There were two things I desperately wanted to do as a child, one was to have a horse, the other was to have ballet lessons. My parents could not afford a horse or even lessons and they said 'I was too fat' to be a dancer... yes that's the way it was back then. I managed have riding lessons in my early 30's and after a bit of encouragement (no confidence) Embee persuaded me to take ballroom and Latin dance lessons.

6) As a teenager and into my twenties I was an avid reader of historical romance novels and I always dreamed of writing a best seller!

7) I managed to get my name on the ladies double tennis trophy 17 times between 1977 and 2000 but only 9 times between 1978 and 2000 on the ladies singles trophy. The last one was at the age of 56. The mixed double was seven times between 1976 and 1994. Sadly I have not played any serious tennis since about 2004 when I was having hip problems. I keep wondering whether to have another try.
Well that's me done.

The "rules" are:

1) Link to the person who tagged you.
First word of this post...

2) Post the rules on your blog.

3) Share 7 facts about yourself.

4) Tag 7 random people and include links to their blogs. With no obligation to accept the tag I hope these guys will let us in on a few secrets!!!
Devon-Loves Rain
Gawilli- Back in the Day
Susan-A Slice of LIfe
Katie-Kitten's Homeschool
John
Grannymar
Misslionheart- A place for everything
5) Let each person know they have been tagged by leaving a comment on their blog.

Archives:
January 6th 2006: Using up the beef

Labels: , ,

10 Comments:

At 6/1/08 19:29, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Chris, I have done this '7 things about me' meme before and was also tagged for it several times.

Instead I might try the other one if I find a few minutes for digging!

 
At 6/1/08 19:34, Blogger Alix said...

That was really interesting Chris! I am so glad you got to take horse riding and dance lessons later in life.
The tennis wins are SO impressive.
It's not to late to write that novel :)

 
At 6/1/08 19:34, Blogger Sandy said...

Very interesting, Chris. I also read a ton of historical novels. My very first one was Love is Eternal by Irving Stone. If you haven't read it, it's a keeper. I was in 4th grade and was very lovingly directed toward this genre by our librarian.

 
At 6/1/08 20:44, Blogger Kahless said...

Good for you for fulfilling some of you childhood wants as an adult.

 
At 6/1/08 22:16, Blogger Unknown said...

This was a very full and informative post, now I have to go click on your links. :)

I really didn't know you did Tennis, as well as Beccy, but I guess I should have known she got it somewhere. :)

 
At 7/1/08 04:37, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello Chris: You visited my blog a while back and said that you live in the UK. I am Marnie's mom.

I did the same meme a while back, and I must say that your facts are much more interesting than mine. Good for you with the tennis! Ballroom dancing is something I would love to try, but my dancing partner has a bad hip. Maybe he could watch!

 
At 7/1/08 09:35, Blogger ChrisB said...

grannymar it's so difficult to keep track on who has been tagged but I would love it if you did the other one.

Alix I think I'll stick to blogging!!

Sandy I will check that one out~ knowing my memory I may have read it and forgotten!

Kahless I feel very fortunate that I managed to do that!

 
At 7/1/08 09:45, Blogger ChrisB said...

caroline thanks for dropping by I have been lurking on your blog!!

 
At 7/1/08 13:11, Blogger Steffi said...

Very interesting post,Chris!I enjoyed to read!

 
At 8/1/08 16:45, Blogger Rachel (Crazy-Is) said...

I am bad about doing memes my self. they always seem to be about listing stuff about you and I am no good at that.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home