Saturday, January 05, 2008

Artists and Achievements..

I think I've mentioned once or twice before that some members of my family are very artistic, and I've shown examples of their art (in fact I have a draft post about when my grandfather started painting very late in life~ must finish that sometime!).
So you can imagine my delight when my eldest grandson, Dillon (he who made us curry), gave Embee and I this lovely picture for Christmas. It was one that he drew especially for us and it will be treasured and hung on my wall as soon as it is framed~ so you know what we are doing later today!
*******************************************
Also today is my son-law's birthday so Happy Birthday Joules.

I also want to publicly congratulate Joules on recently becoming a Bachelor of Engineering Technology (hope I've got that right!) He has achieved this going to college on a part-time basis, mostly during the evenings, over a five year period. He has worked incredibly hard and was very dedicated so I am delighted he was rewarded by achieving a Distinction.
Archives:
January 5th 2006: Busy doing nothing

Labels: , , ,

18 Comments:

At 5/1/08 12:29, Blogger Dea said...

Wow Chris - Dillon is incredibly talented. I love the picture! Happy birthday and congrats to Joules! You are such a sweet mother in law! ;-)

 
At 5/1/08 12:35, Blogger Beccy said...

The birthday boy is currently playing his new game as I type and says thank you very much.

 
At 5/1/08 12:38, Blogger ChrisB said...

deborah Dillon's pretty good but I'm biased of course!!

beccy so glad Joules likes the game. Are you doing anything special later?

 
At 5/1/08 12:47, Blogger Beccy said...

Ben (who seems to be the ideas man in this house) has elected that we go to TGI Fridays for dinner, not my first choice but everyone can eat something from there. I'm going to try and skype you.

 
At 5/1/08 13:06, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a talented family you have Chris!

Congrats to all.

 
At 5/1/08 15:02, Blogger Sam said...

I don't think Ben and I would get on - since I am the ideas person in my household and would never choose to go there! Do you remember when we took Dillon there in London before even Mollie was born?

WHy did Beccy no tell me she was married to a genius? It's his birthday and she didn't even hint at his distinction.

 
At 5/1/08 15:37, Blogger Sandy said...

What a lovely gift!

Happy birthday to the sil and be careful if you venture out later - your weather looks a little dreary.

 
At 5/1/08 15:41, Blogger ChrisB said...

sam~ I don't remember taking Dillon there in London where exactly?
Beccy did mention Joules result in her NY day post.

Sandy the rain has just stopped and so we are off out right now~ well as soon as embee can drag me away from the computer!!

 
At 5/1/08 16:11, Blogger Alix said...

That is an amazing picture Dillon is so talented!
I like your profile picture too - very cute

 
At 5/1/08 16:54, Blogger ChrisB said...

alix I decided me as a 'child' was a better option!

 
At 5/1/08 18:46, Blogger Pamela said...

WOW and WOW.

 
At 5/1/08 20:46, Blogger sillysausage said...

actually it wasn't you mum - sorry I was talking to Beccy in your comments. Me and her took Dill to TGIF in Covent Garden when he was wee.

 
At 5/1/08 22:54, Blogger Beccy said...

No I don't remember Sam. I think with your tastes and Ben's the two of you could never eat out in the same place!

 
At 5/1/08 22:55, Blogger Beccy said...

Although Sam I do remember going there when Dillon was little here in Dublin, out in Tallaght, before Mollie was born.

 
At 6/1/08 01:05, Blogger frannie said...

Dillon's picture is great!! He really is very talented!!

and Happy Birthday to Joules!

 
At 6/1/08 04:16, Blogger Unknown said...

I love Dillon's drawing! I would treasure that forever too!

 
At 6/1/08 05:20, Blogger Misty said...

Wow! he cooks and he draws?!?!

 
At 7/1/08 13:10, Blogger Steffi said...

Wow!dillion is so talented!Wonderful!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home