Thursday, January 03, 2008

London continued.......

The second day we were in London dawned bright and sunny but decidedly chilly. The plan was to take one of the tour buses to show Mollie some of the famous land marks. So after a really good breakfast, in the hotel, (I should have taken a photo~ or maybe it's as well I didn't as you would see how much we ate!), we walked and caught the bus on Baker Street. You will see Mollie in one of the pictures alongside a statue of one of this street's famous residents. We manged to get under cover seats on the top deck of the bus so we had some protection from the wind. I wonder how many of the landmarks you can recognise in the photos. The link will actually take you to a virtual tour if you need some clues.

We didn't have enough time to take the boat tour which was also part of the package. This was a shame for Mollie (I have actually done this trip in the past) but she didn't seem to mind, and there's always next time!!
It was a really enjoyable two days and we arrived back in Bristol around 8:15 pm. The guys had not really stirred while we had been gone, except to buy take aways!!

Thank you Beccy and Joules for a really lovely present.

P.S. If you need to enlarge the photos click on the middle photo.
Archives:
January 3rd 2007: Blue Peter Shoe Appeal

Labels: ,

19 Comments:

At 3/1/08 16:31, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great pictures, and a very thoughtful gift.

 
At 3/1/08 16:33, Blogger Unknown said...

Oh those are great photos!! Love traveling with you. :)

 
At 3/1/08 17:19, Blogger Sam said...

new camera looking good mum!

 
At 3/1/08 17:20, Blogger Sandy said...

The pictures ARE wonderful but your artistry with them is truly amazing. I cannot seem to do anything but just stick mine up.

Great job and I like the picture of you when you were little on your sidebar.

 
At 3/1/08 17:27, Blogger FH said...

I do miss our London trips we used to make from Dover although we ran out of England after 5 yrs of living there mainly because of the depressing weather!:D
We loved Manchester and Blackpool too. Enjoyed the photos, bet Mollie always remembers this trip fondly and granny too!:)

 
At 3/1/08 17:27, Blogger Misty said...

beautiful photos! lovely!!!

 
At 3/1/08 17:55, Blogger ~ej said...

fantastic photos, nice to see such bright skies too!! :-)

the larger photo, of tower bridge, overlooking the thames, where was that taken from?

i haven't been to london in way too many years, it's good to see it again :-)

 
At 3/1/08 17:57, Blogger Devon said...

Thanks for the lovely tour of London. I have never been there but would love to some day!

Your pictures were so good, at first I thought they were postcards!

 
At 3/1/08 18:36, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for taking us on your trip to London. Next time you go let me know and we'll meet up!
Happy New Year!

 
At 3/1/08 20:07, Blogger Rachel (Crazy-Is) said...

I am glad you guys had a good time in London and, teehee, I loved Witty Wednesday.

 
At 3/1/08 20:31, Blogger Alix said...

Great photos Chris - there's nowhere like London!
I like the layout too you are clever!

 
At 3/1/08 21:37, Blogger ChrisB said...

grannymar~ I have a great family.

lisa I still have some posts about my San Fran trip to publish.

sam I'm learning slowly~ it's photoshop that's frustrating me currently. But I worked out how to copyright these, top ones are best!

sandy I have a neat little prog on my mac which makes it easy (but don't tell anyone!)

asha no one would live here for the weather I agree it's far too depressing.

misty~ thank you.

elena jane first day was cloudy but the sunday skies were beautiful.

devon that is a nice compliment~ not sure my artistic daughter would agree!

erik I'll remember that invitation!

rachel I thought everyone would be a bit fed up with jokes this week!

alix as I explained to sandy I have a prog which does help!

 
At 3/1/08 21:39, Blogger david santos said...

Hi ChrisB!
Have a lovely, happy, healthy and successful 2008!

 
At 3/1/08 21:40, Blogger ChrisB said...

elena jane I cannot remember which bridge we were crossing when I took the picture of Tower Bridge~sorry.

 
At 3/1/08 22:18, Blogger Steffi said...

Great pictures!It´s nice to see some pictures of London to me!

 
At 3/1/08 23:25, Blogger ChrisB said...

steffi have you ever visited London?

david thank you and I wish you the same.

 
At 4/1/08 05:01, Blogger SJINCO said...

Oh how I long to visit London again. I was young when I visited and didn't appreciate it like I would if I visited today. Thanks for sharing your photos, and what a lovely gift.

 
At 4/1/08 05:02, Blogger Kila said...

I love these photos, thanks for showing them!

 
At 4/1/08 10:20, Blogger Unknown said...

Those are some really nice photos, Chris. I keep meaning to book a trip round London for my kids. It looks like it's worth it! I might just do that this coming Spring or Summer; you've inspired me:)!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home