Wednesday, January 03, 2007

Blue Peter Shoe Appeal

Having said I intended to start my Spring cleaning early (one of my New year resolutions) I decided to start today. Most of the day was spent on my mother's bedroom but I did have a peep into the wardrobe where I keep lots of my shoes and I wish I hadn't. Now I'm not exactly Imelda Marcus and can't match her 1,220 pairs, but I do seem to have accumulated a lot of shoes over the years. Some are no longer fashionable but I have kept them just in case, returning the boxes to the cupboard as they seem too good to throw out. A few pairs did find their way into the recycling box but I have now found a very good reason to be ruthless for the Blue Peter shoe appeal. Sam and Beccy always used to watch Blue Peter as children and I believe my grandchildren have watched it but I'm not sure if they still do. So my mission tomorrow is to sort my shoes and see how many pairs are going to the appeal. Why don't you join me??

I am somewhat ashamed of the way I threw all the summer shoes into the cupboard when I returned from holiday but I will post the picture anyway as an added incentive to get sorting. I'll let you know how I get on tomorrow.

Labels:

4 Comments:

At 4/1/07 01:35, Blogger Sam said...

i recognise a pair of my hand-me-downs, or since you are older than me, should we call them 'hand-me-ups'?

 
At 4/1/07 08:08, Blogger ChrisB said...

You mean the black sandals they are so comfortable. I seem to remember buying you a replacement pair in that shopping Mall in Orlando. I bet you don't still have those!!

 
At 4/1/07 09:35, Blogger Beccy said...

Good for you Mum

 
At 4/1/07 21:48, Blogger Sam said...

i would still have them if they hadn't have broken. I loved those. In fact, I tend to keep my favourite shoes in boxes even if they are broken because I can't bear to get rid of my favourite shoes.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home