Tuesday, December 26, 2006

Boxing Day Traditions

I survived the big day and there were no hitches and I didn't panic, well hardly. I got up really early to prepare the turkey and vegetables and the grandchildren were very civilised as they didn't surface to see what Father Christmas had brought until about 7am. My sister-in-law popped in mid-morning for an hour to exchange gifts and there were lots of ooh's as we unwrapped presents from under the tree. I am only going to mention two of my presents and these are from Beccy and Sam.

Beccy had bought cream napkins and made me the most beautiful napkin rings that perfectly match my china. I've had it for over twenty years and I see it's now sold on amazon and ebay so no need to worry if I ever need replacements.



Sam sent me a copy of her favourite cookery book I think she is determinded to improve my cooking or turn me into a food blogger. I have been browsing through trying to decide which recipe I will try first.







A Boxing Day tradition in our family when Sam and Beccy were growing up was to play tennis to work off the excesses of the day before. Of course this also worked in reverse as it gave us a good appetite for what was to come, cold turkey , chips, salad and bubble and squeak (much loved by hubby). This tradition has now been replaced with a walk in the Blaise Estate about three miles from where we live but lunch remains much the same. I tried to get a family photo but the men were camera shy and turned their backs, however Beccy and Mollie did pose by this very old cottage.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home