Tuesday, December 19, 2006

I'm losing the plot!!

I am having a much welcome rest after being on the go since 6am (yes I am mad). I didn't sleep very well because I had mislaid a present and it was on my mind. This year I did quite a lot of shopping over the internet which was much easier as I also shop for mum and hubby. So as you can imagine parcels have been steadily arriving over the last few weeks. I tend to quickly open each one and then put them upstairs. Yesterday I thought it was time for a good sort out and I started separating them out ready for wrapping and suddenly realised that one item was missing. Do you think I could find it, no amount of checking and searching brought it to light. I was so desparate that I even considered trying to order a replacement.

Fast forward to this morning. First I had a real scare it was about 6:30 am and from the kitchen I could hear my mother's alarm ringing and ringing and she didn't turn it off. I rushed up to her bedroom, went in and there was absolutely no movement I turned off the alarm, put the bedside light on at which point mum surfaced from beneath the covers. I don't know which of us was the most surprised. She had just slept through the alarm and we did have a good laugh about it but that little drama left me feeling washed out before the day had even started. On the plus side we later found the missing present in her sitting room under the bureau, where she had hidden it for safe keeping so that was a relief.

I used the next couple of hours making soup and tidying up before I dropped mum to the hairdressers. She wasn't really well enough to go but insisted so it was agreed my brother would pick her up at 11:30 as I had an appointment ( Head 2 Toe I will leave this to your imagination). Now to my second little drama of the day; I got out my cheque book and to my horror I realised that I hadn't noticed I'd already used the last cheque. If this had happened anywhere else it would have been embarrassing but luckily I know Maria well and I managed to scrape up enough cash to save a return journey.

Whilst I was waiting for my appointment the TV was on and I saw a cookery programme where the chef was suggesting making some interesting nibbles. He suggested making little piles of freshly grated parmesan cheese on a baking sheet which are then baked in oven, then left to cool (this crisps them) before removing from tray and serving with drinks. They looked delicious and simple to make so I thought I might give them a go. I'll let you know how they turn out.

Progress on our Christmas Tree- the sitting room is clean and furniture rearranged to make room for the tree which is now standing in the bay window. All that's needed is for the decorations to be hung. I'm sure most people will have their trees beautifully adorned by now!! A job for tomorrow me thinks, if it's done I'll post a photo.


PS a few days ago a parcel arrived from Sam and among the content there was a little gift for me and I used it this morning when I did my juicing. Sam had been raving about this little gadget back in the summer and of course I wanted one so thank you Sam, as you can see, it worked well (I couldn't find the post to link).

Labels:

5 Comments:

At 20/12/06 02:58, Blogger Sam said...

but its not tomato season anymore
its tomato drought season
no more tomatoes til august

 
At 20/12/06 06:52, Blogger ChrisB said...

It's easy to forget the seasons with all that's in the supermarkets.

 
At 20/12/06 08:14, Blogger Beccy said...

Lokks like the kind of thing Ben would like to play with. He keeps asking me to get a cherry stoner because he loves stoning cherries, but he won't eat them!

 
At 20/12/06 08:50, Blogger sallywrites said...

Glad you found the pressy Chris!

Sally

 
At 20/12/06 11:18, Blogger ChrisB said...

Sally I can't begin to say how relieved I was.

Beccy tell Ben this will be his job over Christmas as well as chief bottle crusher. He might like trying to use the can crusher but not sure he will be strong enough.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home