Saturday, March 17, 2007

Happy St Patrick's Day


This is a picture of my grandson who will be 14 in a few days. When he was younger the local neighbourhood where Beccy lives always held a fancy dress party and disco for the children in a local hotel to celebrate St. Patrick's Day. I happened to be visiting one year and decided to make the costume. I rashly said I think he should go as a pint of Guinness and of course I had to put my money where my mouth is as the saying goes and come up with the costume. I have to say I was quite pleased with the end result. As Dillon's body was totally enclosed he must have been so hot but he didn't complain. Before you ask yes he won a prize. The hotel has long since closed and has now been turned into luxury apartments.

So where ever you are in the world if you are celebrating today have a wonderful time but don't drink too much of the black stuff!!

Labels: ,

13 Comments:

At 17/3/07 08:47, Blogger Beccy said...

Dillon certainly wowed everyone that year and he picked up first prize. I can't remember who was more please Dillon or his Grandma!

 
At 17/3/07 12:10, Blogger FH said...

Happy St.Patrick's day Chris! Have a fabulous time!:))Hugs.

 
At 17/3/07 13:28, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great costume! Too bad we don't have a reason to do that here, maybe for Halloween.
I will probably ONLY have the black stuff as I am snowed in and Guinness was the only thing I had the forsight to stock up on ahead of time. (At least I remembered the most important thing!)

 
At 17/3/07 18:56, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Now that is ONE fabulous costume....I might have to borrow it for Halloween.

 
At 17/3/07 18:57, Anonymous Anonymous said...

enidd hopes you had a good holiday, chris. and happy st. paddy's day!

 
At 18/3/07 00:17, Blogger cookiecrumb said...

Foamy shoulders! It is brilliant. Wow.

 
At 18/3/07 00:30, Blogger Devon said...

What a great costume! I wonder what your inspiration was...hmmmm

Happy St. Patty's Day to you!

 
At 18/3/07 06:42, Blogger Pamela said...

oh he is beery cute!!!!


That is a unique costume.

 
At 18/3/07 11:37, Blogger ChrisB said...

beccy I think we were all rather pleased if I remember.

asha thank I saw lots of celebration and a little parade in Spain before we left yesterday everyone was in fine 'spirits'

lisa you are making me shiver talking about snow when I have just returned from the sunshine. I have to say I actually don't like the taste of guinness but it goes well with beef in a casserole.


Thank you to everyone for the compliments about the costume. I even surprised myself at how inventive I was and the make shift sewing just about kept everything together thank goodness!!

 
At 18/3/07 12:47, Blogger Sabrina said...

That's such a fantastic costume--way to go for making it!!! Happy Mother's day!

 
At 18/3/07 21:48, Blogger AfKaP said...

Happy Mother's Day and St. Patrick's too, wherever you may be!!

 
At 18/3/07 22:27, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Eeeeewww! Black stuff!! I'm not a beer drinker, so I'll just have to take everyone's word for it that this is a good thing.

 
At 20/3/07 09:28, Blogger ChrisB said...

sabrina and purpleworms thank you

min I'm with you I never got a taste for beer give me champers any day.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home