Friday, March 09, 2007

Costa Del Sol here I come

This is a very quick post to say I will not be posting or blog hopping for a week or so as I'm off to Spain tomorrow. Hopefully I'll be taking some photos and get in some sightseeing so will have plenty to tell you about when I come back. I have left a 'not very good' post for 'Fun Monday" being hosted by Beccy this week. I look forward to collecting a lot of good food ideas albeit later than everyone else.

For anyone interested 'Marmite update' I spent a lot of time on the phone yesterday, I made sure Sainsbury's customer services logged how unhappy I was with them. Anyway I was able to establish that their lone Bristol Store intending to stock the marmite was the one hubby had no luck with earlier in week.
However.... wait for it I phoned the store again and they have assured me they have ordered 2 cases which will arrive on March 10th but they couldn't tell me if it would be morning or evening delivery. Trying to weigh up my chances of still finding it on the shelf in a weeks time I asked "How many in a case is it a dozen or 24" "oh no 6" said the girl. Me "I actually want 5 or 6 can I order as you are only get 12 because that's not very many jars" girl "no but once it's in the store if you ring we can then put them by in customer services". I'm not quite sure the logic but that's the way it is. Can I believe them this time only time will tell.

So for us to stand any chance of finally getting our hands on 'Guinness marmite' I have left hubby with very precise instructions for Saturday and I won't know whether he's been successful until I return home the following weekend. That is unless I manage to pick up emails.

Adiós verte todo en una semana tener diversión el lunes
(and if you don't speak Spanish there's always the google translator!!!)

16 Comments:

At 9/3/07 18:04, Blogger Beccy said...

I hope Dad remembers to follow his instructions!

 
At 9/3/07 18:59, Blogger ChrisB said...

beccy so so I

 
At 9/3/07 19:06, Blogger cookiecrumb said...

I somehow think -- hope -- all this Marmite hunting has been fun for you. You're a dynamo.

 
At 9/3/07 19:56, Blogger ChrisB said...

cookiecrumb it's proving quite a challenge but I hate to disappoint sam and beccy so it's over to hubby now. Mind if this fails not sure what I'm going to do. No I must think positive.

 
At 9/3/07 20:24, Blogger Barbara said...

And if Embee completes his mission successfully will he get to go on holiday with you next time?

 
At 9/3/07 21:28, Blogger ChrisB said...

barbara oh I think that will be a definite maybe!

 
At 10/3/07 01:19, Blogger Sam said...

I am pretty sure the marmite won't sell out immediately.
I am pretty sure you and dad are the only two people behaving so crazily in the whole of the West Country.

Before you are upset with me for saying that, I'd like to add that crazy people are the best.

 
At 10/3/07 03:19, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Spain ! Oh, I would love to go to Spain.
What is Marmite?
Now, I'm off to the Google Translator because I'm not sure what exactly you said...something like, "Good-bye all of you until the next something of the moon."

 
At 10/3/07 03:36, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Enjoy your trip to Espana. Have a great time.

 
At 10/3/07 05:25, Blogger enidd said...

have a great holiday!

 
At 10/3/07 09:14, Anonymous Anonymous said...

To all those of you who are interested, and I suppose there must be some who are not, the Magig [Guinness] Marmite hunt is over. Sufficient of the little darlings are safely esconced in our kitchen to satisfy those I was asked to cater for and I am finding it difficult wading through the mass of brownie points with a satisfied smug on by face!!!!

 
At 10/3/07 13:55, Blogger FH said...

What?! Again!!! You lucky girl!:))

Have a wonderful time Chris.

 
At 10/3/07 17:43, Blogger Beccy said...

Dad, well done I am so impressed!

Just think you can trash the house, do no washing and leave dirty plates lying all over the place and you won't be in trouble with all the brownie points you've just earned! (Oh I forgot you do that anyway)!!!

So how many jars did you leave behing?

 
At 10/3/07 23:32, Blogger Barbara said...

Well done Embee. And it's there in writing - she's taking you with her next time.

 
At 11/3/07 10:13, Blogger Beccy said...

Ha, ha Barbara, there's no getting out of that one!

 
At 14/3/07 14:36, Blogger sallywrites said...

Have a great holiday Chris!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home