Thursday, March 08, 2007

If you could see us now!!

Yesterday I had quite a busy day. After all my usual chores I went for a pedicure where my aim was to relax and enjoy the foot massage. It didn't quite turn out that way. I arrived to find 'M....' had been ringing me to cancel or re-arrange as she had to go and collect her daughter as the school had phoned to say she was sick. So having arrived at her house I had the option to re-arrange or wait while she collected her daughter. For a minute I was tempted to go home as I had so much to do but as I am off on my travels again, on Saturday, I decided to go ahead. So my feet ended up having a very long soak while I waited for her to collect and settle her daughter (who I might add brightened up considerably so I think it will be back to school today). It's so difficult for parents trying to juggle work and family, as many of you will have experienced. Although it is a very, very long time ago I remember it well and when I was bringing up my children there were few childcare facilities available. I had great fun chatting to "T aged 6" about school (she doesn't like it much she told me) we got talking about science projects and I gave her some ideas she could try at home and then we did some mental arithmatic. So I really enjoyed my 'session' and I think she did too.



I eventually had a nice foot massage and my nails painted but I then had to wait over half an hour for them to dry which is why I normally cannot be bother. You aren't getting to see the end result as although I did take a photo my toes look rather deformed and I didn't want to create hysterical laughing all over the blogsphere

After this busy morning I rushed home had a quick bowl of soup and then took my mother to buy this

lightweight walker with bag and seat attached. This morning as it was sunny and warm we have been out practising in the garden. She finds it easier to walk this way and can take a rest whenever she needs. The idea is she will be able to walk to the nearby store, that is within sight of our house, while I am away.

Labels: , ,

20 Comments:

At 8/3/07 13:18, Blogger Beccy said...

Granny looks great. Now she can sneak off to buy choccie and biscuits without you knowing!!!

 
At 8/3/07 14:05, Blogger FH said...

Your mum is beautiful Chris!! And she looks sooo happy too.You are a great daughter.Hugs!:))

 
At 8/3/07 14:20, Blogger ChrisB said...

Beccy how did you guess that's exactly what she was saying to uncle David this morning. He actually brought her a bar choc so sh'e delighted but not sharing it !!

Asha she's in fine form today (one of her good days) which is great.

 
At 8/3/07 16:03, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a cutie your mom is...Glad you 'eventually' had your pedicure.

 
At 8/3/07 16:45, Blogger ChrisB said...

swampwitch mum is quite funny at times and has us all laughing. My feet feel great now thank you.

 
At 8/3/07 18:12, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ditta Swampy, I love your mom's expression!

And, feet!!!!!!! Me likey feet pics! Not that I have a fetish or anything...:/.

 
At 8/3/07 18:24, Blogger cookiecrumb said...

Oh, so it's all about feet and legs and walkers today! Good theme.
I think those walkers with seats are Brilliant.

 
At 8/3/07 18:27, Blogger Sam said...

I can't tell you how happy I am this morning to see granny looking so well. I mailed her a letter yesterday with lots of pretty USA stamps on it. I hope she gets it soon
love sam x

 
At 8/3/07 18:35, Anonymous Anonymous said...

glad you got your feetsies all nice and pretty looking. what colour polish??
mum looks well and pleased with her walker, may it serve her well! :)

 
At 8/3/07 20:55, Blogger ChrisB said...

Robin she was actually laughing so much we nearly had an accident if you get my drift.

As for feet I didn't give too much away didn't want to get you too excited

cookiecrumb the theme emerged by accident but I couldn't have planned it better.

sam granny is thrilled with all the comments (she enjoys being a blogging star and always asks if there have been comments) she's looking forward to getting your letter.

elena jane nail polish is a bronze colour which tones with most things I wear. I am so looking forward to next week in Spain where it will be a whole lot warmer.

 
At 8/3/07 21:22, Blogger Barbara said...

Grannys looking good. The physio used one of those walkers to help me walk my first day after surgery. Then it sat in the corner of my room and my boys had great fun during visiting hours using it as a go kart.
Have a super holiday Chris.

 
At 8/3/07 21:46, Blogger ChrisB said...

barbara they are great little walkers so light and easy to handle. My brother was having a play with it today and he got told off by mum (and he's only 60)!!

 
At 8/3/07 22:31, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You mom looks adorable....

She looks EXACTLY what I think of "English"

 
At 9/3/07 00:33, Blogger Devon said...

A foot massage sounds nice! But I am also one not for waiting around for the nail polish to dry!

I really like that walker, my grams has a 4 wheeler but looks like the 3 wheels might be easier to steer and turn. Good for your mum!

 
At 9/3/07 07:31, Blogger ChrisB said...

devon we looked at a 4 wheeler but it was heavier and not so easy to collapse for stowing in the car and as soon as mum realised the model in the pic was british that was it. I might add it was also the most expensive by a long way so it had better be good!!

 
At 9/3/07 15:41, Blogger enidd said...

chris, do you not think you could encourage your mum to blog? enid thinks it would be fun to have four blogging generations in the family. you might even make the news...?

 
At 9/3/07 16:03, Blogger ChrisB said...

enid now that's an idea but not sure if it's a good or bad one!!
Her eye sight is not brilliant and I could see me doing everything on her behalf but I will mention it to her; maybe she could do a monthly post- her take on life as it was when she was young, might be interesting.

 
At 9/3/07 16:04, Blogger Beccy said...

Thanks for giving me a laugh Enid.

I think Granny would be afraid of even turning on the computer.

Plus there's enough squabbles in the house between Mum and Dad over who gets the computer.

 
At 9/3/07 17:00, Blogger ChrisB said...

beccy and enid I have just passed on the suggestion to granny/mum and she said 'you wouldn't like that I expect I would want to be on it all the time like you'

beccy she say's she is feeling very unwell.

 
At 10/3/07 01:21, Blogger Sam said...

graanny isnt weel again? Now I am all worried.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home