Wednesday, February 21, 2007

The wanderer returns home

I got home at about 16:00 and as my hubby is out for the evening I decided to catch up and read my 143 emails and write this very short post. The flight home was uneventful and as it was a lovely sunny afternoon as we flew over Bristol there were some spectacular views. As the plane descended I had my camera poised all ready for some (good-well maybe) photos and the stewardess came and said no photos to be taken during landing. I was quite annoyed as we were several minutes away from landing and I don't think I was aware of this 'rule'. I don't recall cameras being mentioned along with mobile phones and laptops in all the spiel they give you. Clearly no one noticed me taking a photo as we left Dublin so that's all I have offer.



Anyone who read this post will know that I mislaid my passport just before this trip and what was the first thing I found on my return home, you've guessed it.

Said passport was in the handbag I originally intended to take with me to Dublin but decided against at the last minute. I'm relieved as it would have meant a long drive to Newport in Wales to get a replacement as I need it in a couple of weeks time.

Labels: , ,

15 Comments:

At 21/2/07 21:30, Blogger Sam said...

where are you going in a couple of weeks you jet setter?

 
At 21/2/07 22:15, Blogger ChrisB said...

sam I have the another week in Spain 10-17 March (Tina won the apartment). You will be pleased to know my first job tomorrow is to track down your guiness marmite.

 
At 21/2/07 22:42, Blogger FH said...

You are home already!! Well..welcome home Chris!:))

 
At 21/2/07 22:48, Blogger Beccy said...

Sods law Mum!

 
At 21/2/07 23:25, Anonymous Anonymous said...

No camera's? That's a bunch of hooey.

 
At 22/2/07 00:45, Blogger Sam said...

I can't believe that camera rubbish, but there is no harm in tying to hide everything you plan to do once you are buckled for landing/takeoff, when they do their rounds to check on you.

As soon as they themselves are sat down with seatbelts fastened you can whip out your phone, your camera, put seatbacks into recline position and lower the tray tables. By that time, how will they ever know?!

 
At 22/2/07 05:41, Blogger Brooke - Little Miss Moi said...

Dear chrisb. I agree with sam. I am a regular flouter of the rules, then again, I just don't trust pilots over here and if I'm going to crash, I'm doing it with my iPod on (in?). That aside...

I can't believe you found your passport as predicted. Now you can go for a shopping trip, as you've 'saved' yourself the 100 pounds buying expense of buying a new one.

 
At 22/2/07 05:48, Blogger enidd said...

enid's with little miss moi there! time to get something special for the spain trip. (she's never heard the camera rule either.)

 
At 22/2/07 06:41, Blogger Pamela said...

I would have taken a photo of the flight attendent -- and then put it under my kitchen sink to scare the mice.

 
At 22/2/07 08:22, Blogger ChrisB said...

Asha I was only away a week and it goes so quickly

Sam she had done the checks I was near the back of the plane so she must have seen the camera somehow.

beccy you're right

karmyn I totally agree

pamela now thats a good idea I expect she was in a bad mood pity Ralph Fiennes was not on board to and she would have then been too busy in the toilet to worry about me. (http://imdb.com/name/nm0000146/news) link is in case you haven't seen the story

little miss moi and enid now why didn't I think of that,now how much do wii's cost mmmm I might be buying one after all

 
At 22/2/07 10:52, Blogger Beccy said...

Todays wii age 28!!!

 
At 22/2/07 15:01, Blogger ChrisB said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

 
At 22/2/07 15:02, Blogger ChrisB said...

beccy you're boasting and here's me with no opportunity to practise.

 
At 22/2/07 16:01, Blogger sallywrites said...

That's so funny chris. Annoying for you, but funny!

If it's any consolation, we once lost the key to the roofbos, just as we were due to set off on holiday to Cornwall. Five children, height of summer, car full of children, no boot room - because no boot due to number of children, and no choice other than to pack the luggage all around everyone.................

First thing we found on our return......

(Might write a blog about this one day...)

Of course!

 
At 22/2/07 16:56, Blogger ChrisB said...

Sally I agree with you it is annoyingly funny and made me feel a right plonker as Del boy would say.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home