Thursday, February 15, 2007

All's well that ends well

Anyone who read Beccy's post yesterday will know that I nearly didn't make it to Dublin.

What not to do before going away

Do not be the idiot who looses their passport and not realise it until an hour before they are due to leave for the airport. I am usually very good at knowing exactly where things are and my passport is kept in the same place this very reason. However I needed it on Saturday for ID and didn't put it back so where it is now is anyones guess. In the end I travelled on my work ID I didn't actually tell them I retired last October and luckily the expiry date is not until the end of the month. I'll probably find the passport as soon as I get home, if not I'll have the hassle of getting a replacement which will be an inconvenient and costly lesson as I will be needing it again early in March.

All that was forgotten because I was given such a warm welcome by my grand children. Little Ben who usually tries to resist kisses and hugs was so sweet, he gave me a huge hug and made me this lovely valentine card


Beccy made a special valentine dessert, complete with pink cream, it was so delicious I just had to show you what you missed. Oh and we shared a bottle of pink bubbly.



One of the first things I did was to try out the wii I could easily get hooked on the tennis game, and the golf was also quite good, but of course I was beaten by everyone so that means I need to keep practising !!

Labels: ,

10 Comments:

At 15/2/07 16:14, Blogger Sam said...

good job you werent coming to see ME on the day you lost your passport.

 
At 15/2/07 16:58, Blogger FH said...

Glad everything went well Chris and you enjoyed the cards and that Meringue yummy!:))

 
At 15/2/07 21:21, Blogger enidd said...

enid's glad you made it! have a good holiday.

 
At 16/2/07 07:51, Blogger Beccy said...

I'm glad you made it aw well!

 
At 16/2/07 10:27, Blogger sallywrites said...

I felt for you losing your passport at the last minute.

If the worst had come to the worst, you could have gone by ferry to Northern Ireland and then driven down. They ask for passort at the airports - even though it is part of the UK, but not at the ferry terminals from Mainland Britain to NI!
Flying is a bit easier though, it has to be said!!!

Have a great trip!

 
At 16/2/07 10:29, Blogger sallywrites said...

And passports too.

Passort is a word less commonly used in the English language...

 
At 16/2/07 10:30, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Practising the Wii might free up the computer a bit!!! Love.

 
At 16/2/07 13:01, Blogger ChrisB said...

enid I'm having a great time and enjoying beccy's good cooking.

sally you can just imagine I was so panic stricken I couldn't even think straight- all forgotten now I'm here well not quite I wake up in the night trying to remember where I put it so safely.

embee I think we need a wii!!! I bet I would still be able to beat you at tennis.

 
At 16/2/07 21:17, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mmmmmmm....berries and PINK cream! So festive, delicious to the eyes :).

Glad you didn't miss out--this appears to be a wonderful visit, weeeeeee!

 
At 16/2/07 23:45, Blogger ChrisB said...

robin I think it was my hubby who missed out being left at home!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home