Thursday, June 12, 2008

What has Beccy been doing lately and Drift Racer Game

Now I know that there are a lot of you out there who have been missing Beccy, I know I do and I'm only her mother!! Some of you might even be saying who is Beccy! So when she sent me this photo that was taken at the end of the Flora Mini Marathon in Dublin, and then she told me she didn't have time to post about it I decided to remind everyone that she is alive and well! She did do some training for this run walk and I have to confess I can't remember how long it took them to get round. There were apparently thousands taking part and it took them about half an hour to even reach the starting line!
Beccy ran walked with her friend Kathy oops meant Sally, she doesn't like this photo, now me if I could look like that after any run walk (however short) I would be pretty pleased :)

Just to give you a few updates, Beccy is still very involved with the junior tennis and development of her club. Preparation for Mollie's birthday party the Saturday before last had meant a lot of baking, if I say whole class was invited you will get the picture. Then last Saturday was her church annual fund raiser, she did masses of baking for the cake stall and spent at least one whole day in the kitchen producing a wide variety of goodies. Her cakes and biscuites are very popular and sell quickly. She usually does the face painting but declined this year and helped on the toy stall instead. Other things that she has been involved in, managing one of the school football teams, MC for the school drama show, cocktail Queen (I expect she drank as much as she served!)... and this is only a small number of the things in which she is currently involved.

My grandson, Dillon, is in the middle of taking his Junior Cert. His last exam will be next Tuesday and I'm sure he will be very relieved when the pressure is off. My granddaughter, Mollie, has been revising for her end of year tests which are due soon, she works very hard and gets her mum to test her. Now what can I tell you about Ben, well he's in the top swimming group which is, in my opinion, very good for his age (proud grandma).

SIL Joules has recently been having flying lesson so far he has had four and is apparently loving it.
These are just some of the things that are keeping Beccy too busy to blog~ maybe I will have to do a monthly round up!

Now to my second item for today.... those of you who like games maybe interested in this....

Daughter Sam has been working on a project for a games site, where you can play, and make your own games. The Sims Carnival site has now been launched. We have been able to use this site for a while as part of the pilot and it is fun. Dillon made his own game called 'Drift Racer' and I hope you will give it a try and let me know what you think, or better still leave a comment on the game and give it your rating. Remember he was only 14 when he created the game. He is interested in working in this field when he finishes his education. So far I have managed to get the second highest score on this game, I just thought I would throw that in, I am aiming to get top of the leader board!

If you are interested you can try out a quiz on Sam's blog.

Archives:
2007: Fruit Bread

Labels: , , , , ,

19 Comments:

At 12/6/08 12:17, Blogger Beccy said...

Few mistakes mother, I walked the marathon (in 1 hr 45 mins) with Sally!!!

 
At 12/6/08 12:50, Blogger ChrisB said...

rebecca sorry have made some alterations!

 
At 12/6/08 13:30, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice to hear that Beccy and family are doing well and congrats to her on finishing the marathon :)

 
At 12/6/08 14:48, Blogger Frannie said...

so glad that you posted an update... I miss beccy so much!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

 
At 12/6/08 15:35, Blogger Rachel (Crazy-Is) said...

I was wondering where Beccy had been! Sounds like she has been more than busy! And, I wish I could look that good after a marathon!!

 
At 12/6/08 15:52, Blogger Unknown said...

Glad you're still with us Beccy!

Thanks for that info Chris!

 
At 12/6/08 16:42, Blogger Beccy said...

Guys you make me sound too good, the mini marathon was only 10k.

 
At 12/6/08 17:02, Blogger PAT said...

Chris, sounds like Beccy and family are enjoying life!

Pat

 
At 12/6/08 18:23, Anonymous Anonymous said...

good to hear news on your little family....well done to beccy on her mini-marathon and she looks fab in that photo (no matter what she says). all that baking and school and tennis and the rest is more than enough to keep her busy....and then some! ;)
have to check out sam's site as well :)

 
At 12/6/08 20:45, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a lovely 'feel good' entry. You must be as proud as punch!
She does look rather wonderful after a marathon... I can't imagine what I would look like after 1k never mind 10! (I'd never get to 10 by the way!) :o)

 
At 12/6/08 22:19, Blogger sallywrites said...

Well done Beccy. Now I should do that. I think that that distance in under 2 hours must be VERY quick walking! Sympathies with the time thing Beccy. I fully understand.... I have posted this week.... but I just do't get as much chance as I did sdaly. Hopefully life will get back to a normal track soonish....

Thank you for the update Chris!

 
At 12/6/08 22:20, Blogger sallywrites said...

Whoops... just read your comment about the distance...... Not SUCH quick walking then! S xx

 
At 12/6/08 23:49, Blogger ChrisB said...

Sally I missed your post this week it did not show in my bloglines!

 
At 13/6/08 05:32, Blogger karisma said...

Congratulations to Beccy! Well done! Let me just say, I don't know where you get your energy to keep up with all that! I think I gave it up about five years ago! Shame on me, I must just be lazy! LOL!

 
At 13/6/08 08:18, Blogger Brooke - Little Miss Moi said...

Go beccy! thanks for the update chrisb.

 
At 13/6/08 09:50, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Way to go Beccy! Not just on the run, but all the baking, running clubs, cake stalls - and phew...I'm outta breath.

Now...off to try out the new game:).

 
At 15/6/08 03:17, Blogger Unknown said...

I'm glad to see and hear about Beccy, I have been missing her. Good to know that she's just real busy and didn't move to Mars or something.

I don't really play games but I bet my kids would like that site. I know my future daughter-in-law loves all things Sims. :)

 
At 15/6/08 08:37, Blogger ChrisB said...

lisa marie hope you will tell your DIL to be about the site!

 
At 17/6/08 17:57, Blogger Kaytabug said...

A 10k walk and still looks like a Sexy Momma at the end...she is too lucky! I think that photo is fab!
High 5 to her. Thanks for sharing.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home