Monday, June 16, 2008

Fun Monday # 71 My Walls!

Jan of the prytz family is setting our assignment this week she says:

"The subject is walls. We all have walls of some sort. What I want to hear about and see, if you're going to show off your amazing photo skills, is what is on your walls, what color are your walls, what is special about them, what is your favorite or least favorite, is it inside or outside".

In some ways this week had been made very easy for me because a year ago (June 18th) we had a very similar topic Fun Mon # 21 What hangs on my walls. So I'm being really lazy and am resurrecting that post via the link. That means if you've seen what hangs on my walls before you can pass straight on by. Back then I was experimenting putting together a series of photos into a little video and it was well received at the time!
Now, when I started writing this post I had intended to stop right here, but then I though what else can I show you so I ran around the house and garden taking little snaps of the walls.
Having decided you have seen the internal walls I'm showing some of the outside...... You may remember our house was built in 1851 way before breeze block so we have stone walls that are slightly decorative at the front.
It's remarkable how seeds find their way into any little crevice and I found this growing in front garden (yard) wall.The back garden (yard) wall is brick, dull and uninteresting! Veranda (deck) just outside the kitchen door has a very boring looking wall as you can see!

I have shown glimpses of my bathroom before but I decided to show a picture of the double swag above the bath. All these tiles were made as they would have made back in Victorian times. It proved to be a time consuming and very costly process. I can't afford to change them even if I wanted to which I don't! I don't think the guy is making them anymore!

That's my lot for this week. I will visit as many of you as possible but I have a very busy few days before we head off on holiday on Thursday.

Past posts that include pictures and paintings:
Tamsie last picture on this post is on my breakfast room wall from a (Jan 08 post)
Artists and Achievements
Christmas present from Dillon (grandson) (Jan 08 post)
Beautiful Painting post showing painting done by Beccy's mother-in-law(July 07)
Birthday paintings (Jan 08)

Archives:
2007: What kind of wine are you

Labels: , , , ,

30 Comments:

At 16/6/08 08:09, Blogger Cazzie!!! said...

What lovely walls you have..and the flowers in the images too :)

 
At 16/6/08 08:12, Blogger karisma said...

A lovely bunch of walls, I especially love the garden ones!

 
At 16/6/08 08:27, Blogger Unknown said...

Great pics - I love old walls! Really love those bathroom tiles too.

You should give digi-scrapping a go - think you'd love it.

 
At 16/6/08 08:27, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What lovely walls! I am sure that the back garden one is not all that dull and has plenty of stories to talk about. The deck doesn't need items on the walls with all the other decorative items to jazz it up.

Just lovely my dear. Thanks!

 
At 16/6/08 12:14, Blogger Hootin Anni said...

Love the swag in your bath, love what's just off your kitchen [that to me looks like a comfort zone] And love the exterior walls. Great photography.

Come see my walls if you dare.

 
At 16/6/08 13:25, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love your bathroom walls. The outside walls are pretty cool too.

 
At 16/6/08 13:31, Blogger Molly said...

Chris,
I love looking at your outside walls. I am intrigued by the fact that nature is always trying to takeover this mademade world as shown in your stone wall picture.The painting by Beccy's MIL is fabulous...what a nice gift.

 
At 16/6/08 14:12, Blogger Heather said...

Isn't it amazing that plants will grow where you don't want them to, but when you want some grass to grow on a patch of dirt nothing grows!

I like your brick wall! Everything here is so new. We don't get to see beautiful old walls.

 
At 16/6/08 14:23, Blogger Jan said...

I was hoping someone would show their outside walls. Mine are boring, but yours are very interesting. I like the brick, viewed thru the green trellis.

I wouldn't change the bathroom tiles, either.

 
At 16/6/08 14:24, Blogger Frannie said...

I love your garden walls!

 
At 16/6/08 14:47, Blogger FH said...

Love the Varanda iron bars, I aways wanted one too!:)

Just came back from Driving License office, Trisha got the perm. DL, she can drive without me now!

 
At 16/6/08 14:51, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh I love all these walls you shared. Just lovely. That bathroom tile is amazing. I wouldn't change it either...

 
At 16/6/08 15:01, Blogger SwampAngel65 said...

Your garden wall may be boring to you, but the picture of it is interesting...I look at it and wish I had a brick wall around my garden! The tiles in your bathroom are lovely and quite different. You'd never see anything like that in Miami!

Have a great week!!

 
At 16/6/08 17:01, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Beautiful photos, creative take on the project!

 
At 16/6/08 17:07, Blogger Unknown said...

I like that you added some new walls for us. :) I love your decorative wall, the first photo I think. And I'm always amazed at how plants sprout in some of the tiniest spots.

 
At 16/6/08 19:05, Blogger Hula Girl at Heart said...

Youe home is so charming! I LOVE the tile. Can I come over sometime?

 
At 16/6/08 20:14, Blogger Jo Beaufoix said...

Your slide show was wonderful and I love your outdoor walls too. Alas my post this week is slightly cheesy but it's up now. :D

 
At 16/6/08 21:19, Blogger Grand Life said...

I absolutely love your first photo. The flowers, the brick wall and the rock inset are so beautiful. I've got to go back and read more about your house. I always wanted to restore an older home but I think that ship has sailed. Have a great week.
Judy

 
At 17/6/08 00:33, Blogger storyteller said...

How fun to see the outside walls of your historical home! Yes, the tenacity of plants is amazing indeed. It took me a long time today, but I finally managed to share at Small Reflections.
Hugs and blessings,

 
At 17/6/08 02:00, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I loved seeing the outside, the walls are lovely

 
At 17/6/08 02:48, Blogger Just A Girl said...

I love all your walls. Brick walls just have something special about them. Your tile is to die for! So gorgeous! Hey, thanks for stopping by my blog. Yes, it's a shame that my bathroom is so rarely used. It's filled with great amgazines too!

 
At 17/6/08 03:01, Blogger Sayre said...

Your first wall picture is lovely - stone in a garden wall is always one of my favorites!

 
At 17/6/08 04:04, Blogger Faye said...

I hear you Chris--I too am late making the rounds. However, glad I stopped by your place. How fortunate you are to be living in such a wonderful old house. Although I'm sure you get surprises all the time! That tile swag is a treasure.

 
At 17/6/08 05:06, Blogger the planet of janet said...

i love when something green pokes out from the walls. how DOES that happen!

and i LOOOOVE your bathroom tile. don't EVER get rid of that!!!!!

 
At 17/6/08 06:25, Blogger Gattina said...

These bathroom tiles are very special you won't find such beautiful tiles today anymore !

 
At 17/6/08 07:29, Blogger Sai Hijara - Ferraris said...

I love them.so.very.much!

 
At 17/6/08 08:42, Blogger Peter said...

Great walls there Chris.

 
At 17/6/08 14:45, Blogger Pamela said...

indeed--- an artists work in your loo. That must make the trip a lovely time.. hee hee.

I would like that on my wall. My showers are cultured marble. I'll have to send you an Email and let you guess what I think the design is. (:

 
At 18/6/08 15:29, Blogger Steffi said...

Great pics!I love your picture with the colored flowers and the 2 chairs!

 
At 18/6/08 16:58, Blogger Ari_1965 said...

I love the look of brick.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home