Sunday, May 11, 2008

Meeting Tigger Lamb Girl......

Arrow marks the spot where we sat!

When I had a phone call from Tigger Lamb Girl telling me, that she was coming to Bristol to watch her son play in a cricket match, and asking me if she I would like to join her I naturally jumped at the chance. TLG and I have spoken on the phone before so I had a feeling that we would get on fine. TLG offered to make a picnic which was so kind of her (you all notice how quickly I agreed!. My meagre contribution was a couple of small bottles of sparkling wine and some English strawberries).
The cricket match was at Clifton College which only happens to be a few miles from where I live and we met up outside the college. The school has several different sports field in the area and we did have a bit of chase around before we finally found the correct pitch. TLG told me she was lucky with parking and I couldn't believe my eyes when there was a space right outside the gates (this reminds me of daughter, Beccy who also has a parking fairy looking after her)!

We settled down in a shady spot to enjoy a delicious late lunch (around 3pm) and watch the cricket. TLG had thought of everything. She had made a tasty artichoke dip, which I loved (I want to try it on embee and I can't remember the quantities so if you are reading this TLG you could post the recipe~ I'm sure there will be others who might like to try it). There was a lovely homemade quiche and salad, and a wonderful salad dressing. Now I am not at all keen on eating olives, and although there were olives blended into the dressing, I loved the combination of tastes and it was perfect. I don't know why I didn't take any photos of the picnic, that was a bit stupid of me!

Like many people, TLG does not like to have her photo on blogs, so I only took a couple of her taking photos of her son, from a distance. I'm waiting to hear whether she will let me use one of those. She did take a few of me (which I haven't yet vetted!!!) this includes a few that her son took, back at my house with Embee.

I cannot believe how quickly the afternoon passed, I managed to take some video clips of TLG's son playing. He batted well, hitting several fours which helped boost his team's score. The teams were well matched, but yesterday it was the Clifton team who managed to win overall.

I am always a bit nervous and shy when I meet new people, and I'm a different generation so I wondered if we would find enough in common! However, I needn't have worried, TLG is so warm and friendly and we chatted about all sorts of things and had a thoroughly enjoyable afternoon. I don't think I made too bad an impression because she has invited me to visit.

P.S In case anyone is wondering, TLG's son is a very polite and charming young man, who, in my opinion, will have the girls beating a path to his door in a few years time!

Archives:
2007: Gone Fishing!

Labels: ,

22 Comments:

At 11/5/08 20:11, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds like a great day. I look forward to the recipe. I love meeting fellow bloggers and have lost count of how many I know at this stage.

 
At 11/5/08 20:29, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You're so sweet, Chris. It was such a pleasure spending the day with you, and meeting Embee (he's a sweetheart). I felt completely at ease with you and thoroughly enjoyed the afternoon.

I don't mind if you post a photo of my backside (lol).

As soon as I get the photos uploaded - I'll let you vet which one I can post (of you). M'kay?

I'll post the recipe for the artichoke dip now - on my blog. (I'm going to blog about our afternoon later this week; I'm pooped having just got home from taking my son back to school....)

xo

 
At 11/5/08 20:34, Anonymous Anonymous said...

p.s. my son really liked you and Embee and said he was sad we had to leave so 'early'. ;)

pp.ss. I can't wait to tell him what you said about him. His face will go six shades of red when I mention the word 'girls'. I think he's still in 'yuk' mode.

ppp.sss. He now wants a tortoise. I'm not kidding.

 
At 11/5/08 21:16, Blogger kitten said...

I'm glad yall had a wonderful time!

 
At 11/5/08 22:59, Blogger willowtree said...

Nice one Chris, although you made a revelation about yourself that makes me question whether I'd want to meet you or not. You're not fond of olives? Hmmm....

 
At 12/5/08 01:50, Blogger karisma said...

Sounds like lots of fun! I love a nice picnic! And how nice to meet up with another blog friend! I was getting hungry reading about the lovely food! LOL!

Now for some good news for you! You win a prize in my poetry contest! I really liked the way you added blogging into the equation! Too true! Congratulations! Drop me a line and I will send out your prize!

 
At 12/5/08 02:52, Blogger Sandy said...

It does sound like a lovely day! Glad that y'all had fun and that tlg's son got to meet the tortoises.

 
At 12/5/08 03:30, Blogger Alison said...

sounds a perfectly lovely day!!

 
At 12/5/08 04:11, Blogger Barbara said...

Sounds like a fun day Chris. It amazes me how blogging crosses all ages. Perhaps we unknowingly search out the bloggers that complete us. We have a parking fairy too, we call him Stewart.

 
At 12/5/08 05:05, Blogger Kila said...

Aww, sounds like a wonderful time! I'll give you a call if I ever make it across the pond!

 
At 12/5/08 05:45, Blogger Steffi said...

Sounds like a great day!It´s nice to meet a blogger in the real life.I wish I could meet you and Beccy too!
Have a nice day!

 
At 12/5/08 07:13, Blogger bichonpawz said...

How terrific! Isn't it fun meeting other bloggers? Glad to hear you had a good day!

 
At 12/5/08 10:10, Blogger Anon said...

Not sure I have the nerve to meet other bloggers, I mean, y'all have seen my butt!

Glad you both hit it off and had a great day....

 
At 12/5/08 15:33, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This makes me so jealous. I wish I could meet both of you.

I still think it would be a great adventure to have a "blogging tour" in which I could travel the world and meet everyone.

 
At 12/5/08 15:47, Anonymous Anonymous said...

C'mon karmyn! Pop that baby out and get on the road, gf.

 
At 12/5/08 15:48, Blogger Anvilcloud said...

I've met a few blog and email people, and we've gotten along quite well.

 
At 12/5/08 17:01, Blogger Sam said...

I have never seen my mother be so polite about an olive before today.

 
At 12/5/08 23:07, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh how fun!!!

 
At 13/5/08 06:43, Blogger Pamela said...

(Ick darn spammer was at my blog earlier this evening, too!)

What a wonderful lunch basket. If you met me for lunch we'd have to find a can opener ha ha ha ha.

 
At 13/5/08 08:28, Blogger ChrisB said...

WT but that would leave all th emore for you!

karisma I am delighted, but surprised, as you cam imagine!

sandy tig's son would like a tortoise!

kila call anytime!

steffi-well you never know!

misslionheart LOL that butt would be forgotten!!


karmyn if I ever won the lottery ( unlikely as you need to buy a ticket first) that would be on my list to host.

AC I think we gravitate towards people we would get on with!

pamela spammer gone for ever, luckily I don't get much~ thank goodness. And I'm good with a can opener!

 
At 13/5/08 12:34, Blogger frannie said...

oh, what a fun treat!!!

I'm so glad the two of you got to meet up!!

 
At 14/5/08 00:28, Blogger Joy T. said...

Nice! Sounds like you had a really nice time and the food sounds perfect for a picnic. I'm a big Kalamata olive lover so you could have scooted those olives over to me if I was there :o) I always love hearing about bloggers getting together.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home