Friday, May 09, 2008

Karmyn's Baby Shower

Today I am very excited because I am going to my first ever Baby Shower~ how cool is that!
Swampy didn't need to cast a spell on me to attend Karmyn's Baby Shower Party. I was very quick to make sure my name was on this VIP list!
Now what pressies should I take to this shower.......well you have to have a cake no party is right without a cake! ........and of course champagne so the happy parents can drink a toast.............when I was emptying our loft I came across this antique old relic...... and thought it might be perfect.....
I can hear you all laughing so don't worry Karmyn, this has gone to the rubbish tip (I would just add I have fond memories of that pram I bought it second hand over 15 years ago for my eldest grandson to use)........How about this instead.........

Kid Kustom "The Roddler' I'm told it's the top of the range and I'm happy to have it customised for you..... for example paint jobs, suede or leather upholstered bucket seats and even brake lights are among extras available!!.....
.....see here for another option...........

I know that you are brilliant parents but I just wanted to give you a copy of the
Ten Child Care Commandments

1. Give continuous, consistent, loving care — it's as essential for the mind's health as food is for the body.

2. Give generously of your time and understanding — playing with and reading to your child matters more than a tidy, smooth- running home.

3. Provide new experiences and bathe your child in language from birth onwards — they enrich his growing mind.

4. Encourage him to play in every way both by himself and with other children — exploring, imitating, constructing, pretending and creating.

5. Give more praise for effort than for achievement.

6. Give ever-increasing responsibility — like all skills, it needs to be practised.

7. Remember that every child is unique — so suitable handling for one may not be right for another.

8. Make the way you show disapproval fit your child's temperament, age and understanding.

9. Never threaten that you will stop loving him or give him away; you may reject his behaviour but never suggest that you might reject him.

10. Don't expect gratitude; your child did not ask to be born — the choice was yours.

Acknowledgements: Hutchinson of London
Pringle, Mia K. London: 1975. The Needs of Children

Oh I almost forgot you will need a bottle of this!!
Castor Oil
please see instructions to make sure that you give birth on my predicted date!


Thank you Swampy for hosting this great party x


Archives:
2007: Witty weds 6 11 people on a rope + Meme-My morning face

Labels:

25 Comments:

At 9/5/08 09:42, Blogger willowtree said...

Screw the stroller, I'll take the Roadster behind it!!

 
At 9/5/08 09:48, Blogger my4kids said...

That was really cute Chris! That stroller is something else, isn't it? I bet it costs a lot....

 
At 9/5/08 10:52, Blogger karisma said...

Karmyn DO NOT touch that last bottle, it will do absolutely nothing other than give you the "shits" literally! (My grandma tried that one on me!)

Chris, I thought your advice list was very nice, and please tell me you did not throw that "vintage" stroller in the rubbish! Some one would surely have wanted it. You should have put it on ebay!

 
At 9/5/08 11:27, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh NO! The castor oil was MY idea first. So. Karmyn has to give birth on 14 May at my selected time:).

I love the 10 Commandments you listed. Every single one is so true:)!!

Must finish the quiche now;).

 
At 9/5/08 11:57, Blogger kitten said...

Ten Child Care Commandments: Just beautiful! Love the stroller idea! Just Fabulous!

 
At 9/5/08 12:16, Blogger Anon said...

Goody two shoes? Me? lol

You should hear what I say under my breath!

 
At 9/5/08 12:16, Blogger FH said...

I love that "old relic"! You don't see those anymore, it's gorgeous. Yeah, now a days, Prams look like Jaguars, costs that much too!!:D
Great advice for child rearing. They give Castor oil to mothers too to induce labor in India, not recommended by docs though, right?
Enjoy the baby shower and weekend, see you on Monday!:)

 
At 9/5/08 12:17, Blogger frannie said...

the commandments are beautiful!

and I love the pram!!!

 
At 9/5/08 13:13, Anonymous Anonymous said...

**swampy wiping crumbs from face** **guzzlin' the champagne**

Would thumbone please get me outta thith pram? I want to ride in the Roadthir with DubYaT !
As thoon ath thith champagne wears off, I'll read the listh of Ten...
Doesth it thay not to drink at baby thowers?

HICCUP !
Thanks for coming to the baby thower.

HICCUP !

 
At 9/5/08 13:32, Blogger Sandy said...

and Swampy has hit on the beauty of baby showers. Expectant moms shouldn't drink. More for the guests!

I love the new pram, covet the old pram and need to remember to apply the 10 commandments to grandkids, too.

Thanks, Chris.

 
At 9/5/08 13:39, Blogger Happy Working Mom said...

I love that old stroller!

 
At 9/5/08 13:43, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Those 'old relics' served us well!
I can't believe the contraptions they come out with nowadays! There is a lot of 'one-up-manship' at the school gates... David Coulthard would do well in one of those!

 
At 9/5/08 13:44, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great "gifts!"

(Your old stroller (pram) was adorable! A collector's item for sure!)

 
At 9/5/08 14:11, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The commandments were lovely.

 
At 9/5/08 14:50, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Whoa - that roadster stroller is very hip - but do you know what? I actually like the old baby pram!!

I Love the Ten Commandments. Thank you - especially #7 and #10 - My other two are total opposites of the spectrum, personality wise. We are wondering how this one will be.

And champagne? I will TOTALLY be needing that - I've been wanting a drink my whole pregnancy, but have refrained...

 
At 9/5/08 15:17, Blogger Kaytabug said...

That old pram is just the best! I like it far better than that new fandangled thing.

The 10 Commandments were great!

 
At 9/5/08 16:09, Blogger Pamela said...

ha ha.. my sis in law took castor oil and then went for a walk.
For several years after they talked about the little dead tree beside the road. It was alive when she hid behind it to.... uh,,, you know.

Wonderful advice. And that stroller is mind boggling. You'd have to park in the garage. ha

 
At 9/5/08 17:15, Blogger MarmiteToasty said...

:) I STILL have me pram that I had for all 4 of me lads..... its a Silver Cross Coachbuilt with leather straps, just like the ones the royals over here used...... it is the only piece of baby equipment that I just cant part with lol....

Its well funny how you call those parties you have 'showers' :) it always makes me smile lol

You should of shoved the pram on a freecycle site instead of binning it....

x

 
At 9/5/08 17:15, Blogger Dea said...

Very cute Chris! :)

For the record I swear by castor oil! Brought my two out anyways! :) Nasty stuff though...

 
At 9/5/08 17:16, Blogger MarmiteToasty said...

ps...... and how you call 'pushchairs' ... strollers lmfao.... were we now call them 'buggys'....

x

 
At 9/5/08 18:19, Blogger ChrisB said...

WT I wondered if anyone would say that!

karisma I tried selling it a few years back but no takers~ so yes it's gone nobody wants this old fashioned sort of pram.

marmitetoasty those silver cross coach built prams are worth a fortune these days~ now if I'd had one of those I would certainly not have dumped it!

 
At 9/5/08 21:27, Blogger Molly said...

Great gifts...Chris, and the best is the Ten Child Care Commandments.

 
At 9/5/08 21:53, Blogger Joy T. said...

That old pram is priceless....probably literally! They sure don't make them like that anymore. Your gifts are great, except that castor oil. Oh-la-la there should be a warning with that kind of advice LOL

 
At 10/5/08 00:56, Blogger Robinella said...

I love the pram. The Ten Commandments was wonderful.

 
At 10/5/08 23:50, Blogger Alison said...

now that is what I call a stroller..amazing...we tried the castor oil thingy on Michael's birthmother...poor thing couldn't leave the bathroom for hours..we felt so bad!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home