Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Karisma's 'My Life is a Mess Challenge'!

Last week Karisma created a little poetry competition see the rules here. She has extended it for another week as she only had one (very good) entry. I told her I was useless at poetry and to prove it I will enter, just to show willing, and make it very clear why I do not join in with poetry challenges! I will not be in the least offended to get 'crappy' remarks and if I get no comments I will still get the message!!

Here goes:

Whatever happened to leisurely days
I have to get going and mend my slovenly ways

I spend far too much time blogging
When what I should be doing is slogging

As the garden needs weeding
And the plants need feeding

I can write my name in dust
But really I'm not fussed

If the meals are often late
By the time they reach the plate

Oh whatever should I do
To start off anew

And end my addiction
For this computer affliction!

LOL well I did warn you~ maybe I should get my daughter Sam to rewrite it for me; she is so good at this sort of thing! How about suggesting a Title!!!!!

Archives:
2007: Tortoises are expensive

Labels: ,

24 Comments:

At 29/4/08 14:46, Anonymous Anonymous said...

LOL I like it and totally identify. "A Blogger's Lament" perhaps?

 
At 29/4/08 15:14, Blogger thefoodsnob said...

I thought that was great (and too true for me as well!)


Lisa

 
At 29/4/08 15:20, Blogger la bellina mammina said...

"A Blogger's Woe" - applies to me too! ;-) and I like it....

 
At 29/4/08 16:01, Blogger Unknown said...

That's really good!

You're a poet, but didn't know it!

 
At 29/4/08 16:21, Blogger Sam said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

 
At 29/4/08 16:24, Blogger ChrisB said...

sam where has your comment gone~ I knew you would think it is bad!

 
At 29/4/08 16:41, Blogger Sam said...

'oh deary deary me.'
Is what I said. I spelled 'oh' wrong on my iphone so had to delete and retype once I got infront of a real computer.

 
At 29/4/08 17:35, Blogger Rachel (Crazy-Is) said...

I think it's cute! Much better than anything I could have come up with!

 
At 29/4/08 19:33, Blogger Misty said...

I for one, love it... sadly it describes several days of my weekly life!

 
At 29/4/08 19:56, Blogger kitten said...

Very wonderfully done! Love it! & good luck!!

 
At 29/4/08 20:44, Blogger Emma in Canada said...

I think that is great as well as oh, so true!

I agree with "A Blogger's Lament."

 
At 29/4/08 20:56, Anonymous Anonymous said...

but it's very good! you're too modest, chris! (and thanks for the lovely words on enidd's blog.)

 
At 29/4/08 22:06, Anonymous Anonymous said...

haha! Love it.

 
At 30/4/08 00:19, Blogger karisma said...

Hey! You are more talented than you think! And as my kids would say "Gee! You made a Rhyme!" You made me laugh as you pointed out what we are all probably guilty of! Well done and thank you!

 
At 30/4/08 00:44, Blogger Betty said...

Now Chris, don't be so hard on yourself. That wasn't the best poem I have ever read, but it wasn't that bad either. Keep practicing and you may be able to get one published one of these days.

 
At 30/4/08 05:35, Blogger Grand Life said...

I think it's a great poem. You go girl. Have a great week.
Judy

 
At 30/4/08 05:37, Blogger Kila said...

LOL, I liked it! Good job!

I would much rather be online than getting to bed at a decent time!

 
At 30/4/08 07:24, Blogger Beccy said...

Well it's much better than anything I could write:-)

 
At 30/4/08 07:47, Blogger bichonpawz said...

I totally identify with this as well! GREAT!! And true too...

 
At 30/4/08 08:08, Blogger ChrisB said...

Well I must say you have all been very kind with your comments~ but I'm not about to embark on a new career!!

 
At 30/4/08 08:29, Blogger my4kids said...

I totally identify also...partly why I've been away abit lately.

 
At 30/4/08 18:48, Blogger FH said...

Not bad at all Chris, good job on the poem!:D

I was waiting Witty Wednesday today, taking a break?

Loved your Lemon Broccoli chicken, thanks for the recipe!:)

 
At 30/4/08 19:50, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Chrissssssssssss!!!!!!!!!!!!

You did a fantastic job! You don't give yourself enough credit!!

:)

 
At 30/4/08 22:54, Blogger ChrisB said...

asha hope you had a good holiday.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home