Sunday, April 27, 2008

Monday Motivation Meme and Awards

Misslionheart realises that I need something to motivate me for the week ahead! She has worked out that I spend more time on the computer than I should and she is trying to wean me off with this Monday Motivation Meme! Now I cannot do this on Monday because I always participate in Fun Monday so I'm doing it a day early~ how's this for motivation!!

The rules of the game are simple enough…just list 5 things you wish to achieve during the week ahead and hopefully get motivated!

  • move all the remaining junk boxes from the house to storage area
  • clean house (after new roof insulation has been fitted on Weds) I think this will take me at least a week! you should see the mess just emptying the loft~ I hate to think what it will be like after the fitters have been here.
  • sort and put away winter clothes and bring out summer clothes~ am I being a bit premature~ probably!!
  • ring a couple of people that I have been meaning to get in touch with since the new year~ I know I'm very bad!
  • the final thing is to get the ironing done I have been adding to the basket for quite a while, telling myself it wasn't worth getting the ironing board out for a few items. This has now grown to an overflowing basket~oh and I really hate ironing! Done 29/4

Well that's my five all a bit mundane really~ which is exactly why I needed this motivational shove and I have misslionheart to thank for this!!

I know I should be passing it on but I'm not that motivated so lets say if anyone would like to motivate themselves you are tagged by moi!!
<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>
Jackie at Mother's Pride has given this award to everyone. It's very cute don't you think! So thank you Jackie It has gone on display in my linked gallery. I consider all my visitors to be great blogging friends so I give this to everyone who drops by this post! Where would I be without good friends like you.

Alison gave me this lovely award and if you have not been following her adoption stories you should go over and read about her two journeys through this process. I guarantee you will be hooked! I love you all so I also give this to everyone especially my daughters Sam and Beccy.

Kila thank you very much for giving me 'The Good Chat Award'. I was originally given this Jackie I wondered if they are trying to tell me I talk too much~ no seriously guys I love it that blog friends like to visit me and chat I really look forward hearing everyone's news :)

Archives:
2007: Help me up

Labels: ,

18 Comments:

At 27/4/08 11:55, Blogger Jennie said...

I hate ironing too, I usually have to wait until something good is on tv, then I stand ironing whilst I watch it.
I hope you manage to do all five things this week!

 
At 27/4/08 13:20, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'll do the ironing if you do the remainder of my chores!

A bag of toffees (don't tell the dentist!), a good play on the radio or an audio book and I'll iron until the cows come home!

PS I stole the Awards 'cause I know good homes for both of them.

 
At 27/4/08 15:18, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good luck with your list. I loathe ironing especially in the summer when everything seems to have linen in it!

Congrats on the awards - very cute :)

 
At 27/4/08 16:20, Blogger Unknown said...

You big softie! xx

 
At 27/4/08 16:38, Blogger Beccy said...

Love you too mum xxx

 
At 27/4/08 18:18, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like the idea of setting yourself targets for the coming week. I usually write things on a bit of paper but either lose the paper or set too many things to be done. Five sounds a good number so I am going to my blog now to write my five items!

 
At 27/4/08 21:09, Blogger Rose said...

I just don't iron at all. the clothes just sit there and look at me.
By the way I tagged you for a meme.
My first one ever.

 
At 27/4/08 21:36, Blogger storyteller said...

I’m sending you energy through the Internet to accomplish all these tasks next week easily. As for making a list of my own … methinks I’ll pass for the moment. I don’t need the ‘stress’ of ‘to-dos’ hanging over my head.

I’ve published Camera Critters and Unconscious Mutterings at Small Reflections … Blog your Blessings and Sacred Life Sunday at Sacred Ruminations today.

Hugs and blessings,

 
At 27/4/08 22:56, Blogger ChrisB said...

jennie I tend to folow grannymars example and listen to the radio or play music.

grannymar I can run to Tesco and buy a bag of toffees!! I'm glad you took the awards and will be passing them on :)

Alix isn't strange how many people dislike ironing!

john was that emphasis on 'big'!

dogberry glad you like the idea :)

rose I will be doing the meme later in the week~ I looked at the origin!

storyteller I certainly need some energy I worked myself to a standstill today and now my back is really suffering!

 
At 28/4/08 01:31, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats on the awards...very creative group of givers and receiver.
When you finish with your list, will you come visit me?

 
At 28/4/08 01:57, Blogger Pamela said...

Ironing~! Well - let me tell you - ever since I got my new dryer I hardly iron anything. I just set it on steam! Whooo hoooo!!

 
At 28/4/08 02:15, Blogger Kila said...

Good list, I'm cheering for you!

I iron every morning, but just for a few minutes. The boys pick out their outfits for the day, and then I quickly iron them while they eat/drink something for breakfast.

(If I iron their clothes before putting them away in the closets/dressers, the clothes just get wrinkled again, so I wait until the clothes are about to be worn!)

 
At 28/4/08 03:03, Blogger karisma said...

Thankfully I did all the ironing when I cleaned out the sewing room. I am trying not to create more. LOL.

That teddy is very cute, so thank you. I think I will help myself to that one! I know a few people who will just love him!

 
At 28/4/08 05:21, Blogger Joy T. said...

Great list for the days ahead. I hear you about ironing, I tend to keep putting it off too so find myself ruuuuuuning to the dryer the minute it stops so I can't get those shirts out of there the minute the timer goes off. Would probably just be easier to iron then running through the house like a mad woman. And aren't you sweet for passing on the awards and congrats for receiving them! I'm not proud, I'll be scooping them. So thank you very much :o)

 
At 28/4/08 10:36, Blogger Steffi said...

Oh yes,I hate ironing too!!!
Congrats on the awards!

 
At 28/4/08 14:20, Blogger Anon said...

You're on the ball!

(Haven't done mine yet)

 
At 29/4/08 14:24, Blogger Unknown said...

Ah congrats! Sounds like you'll have a busy week by that Meme, but one is already crossed off.

 
At 30/4/08 08:35, Blogger my4kids said...

I need something more to motivate myself lately. I have so much to do before my trip down to Oregon in May and no idea how I'm going to get it all done!
Congrats on the awards they are very cute!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home