Monday, April 21, 2008

Fun Monday # 63

Southern Doll is out hostess this week and this is what she wants us to tell the world!

What have you done in your life that was worth doing? I want to know the moments in your life that you hope will be the ones to pass through your mind when your time comes. I hope that doesn't sound too morbid. This doesn't necessarily have to be items you have checked off your Bucket List, it can be those small moments that made you smile, or the time you got that huge promotion you deserved, or the first time your baby smiled at you out of pure joy. I want to know all the moments, big and small, that make life sweet!


My first thought when I read this was I haven't done any thing that is worth writing about and then I realised it is all the little things we do that are worthwhile and often one thing leads to another so.....

I am going to make this short and hopefully sweet so that you can pass quickly on! I don't think I've ever made a secret of the fact that my family are my world so I'm convinced that when my time comes it is moments in my family's life that I will relive! I also believe in karma and that our destiny is mapped out for us.......

  • if I had not passed my 11+ exam and got to Grammar School I would not have had the opportunity to pass my O' level exams that enabled me to train as a nurse.....
  • if I had not been supporting a friend by going on a sort of blind date I would not have met the father of my children! This lead to......
  • the birth of my two lovely daughters, Sam and Beccy which is definitely the most worthwhile thing I have ever done in my whole life. They have given me a lot of joy and some sorrow but I am very proud of both of them. This lead to.....my youngest daughter, Beccy, having children...
  • seeing my eldest grandson a few moments after he was born is such a sweet memory and one I will never forget. When your grandchildren tell you they love you, you know that you have done something right!
  • if my first husband had not left us I would not have returned to work, completed a management course and started on a new career......
  • if my job had not been axed.....I would not have changed direction....then trained as a social worker.....
  • if that job had not been transferred to OFSTED I would not have ended my career managing a small team of Inspectors (hopefully making a difference to children's care and education)
So just to sum up what has been worth while in my life I have tried to to be a responsible citizen, help people throughout my life and bring up my children to be kind, thoughtful and show respect to others but also stand up for what is right. I want them to live full and happy lives and in turn I hope they pass this on to the next generation. For me this has been worth doing.

I'll stop here as this has turned out longer than I intended (and I know you will have heard some of this before). Now hop over and see what everyone else has to say!


Archives:
2007: The answer to the question.. is it fact or fiction

Labels: ,

30 Comments:

At 21/4/08 11:26, Blogger Hootin Anni said...

Having your grandkids tell you that they love you.........that brought tears to my eyes.

My F M is posted, I hope you can stop by and read my entry. Have a super-duper day.

 
At 21/4/08 12:12, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What she has not mentioned is that she was a highly competitive and quite successful Tennis Player who won the the local Parks Ladies Doubles Tournament with BOTH Daughters. If it did not give her pleasure I know the heck it gave me pleasure and I love all three of them.

 
At 21/4/08 14:14, Blogger Beccy said...

I'm in tears here...you're the best.

 
At 21/4/08 14:39, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Awwww, you and Beccy are going to make me cry.....Stop that.

Great job.

 
At 21/4/08 14:49, Blogger Kaytabug said...

Beautiful! Lovely! This is a fantastic post! I also believe our destiny is mapped out for us!

 
At 21/4/08 15:21, Blogger Beckie said...

Wonderful post, Chris. I would say you are spot on.

 
At 21/4/08 15:49, Blogger Courtney said...

I love how one thing leads to the next I think about that alot in my life!

I never mind pointers! I'm new to this! But I thought I did put up the list....on the right sidebar? Did I not do it right? Please let me know!

 
At 21/4/08 15:56, Anonymous Anonymous said...

How marvelous it must be to experience grandchildren. So sweet. Your accomplishments with your work and your chldren is noteworthy. Blessings...

 
At 21/4/08 16:44, Blogger Jill said...

isnt it funny how life turns out?

 
At 21/4/08 17:06, Blogger storyteller said...

The irises in your header look spectacular … a veritable forest of flowers!!! Is this your yard?

I so relate with what you wrote …(about how karma and our destiny is mapped out for us)… and all the ‘if/thens’ in your list followed by your ‘summing it up’ paragraph! Life IS interesting always is it not? Thanks for sharing and I hope you have a ‘marvelous’ Monday!

Hugs and blessings,

 
At 21/4/08 18:25, Blogger Sauntering Soul said...

Beautiful post! Family really is what it's all about.

 
At 21/4/08 18:25, Blogger IamwhoIam said...

Good ambitions and a good look at how one turn leads to another. Being kind, respecting others while maintaining you own self, what more could there be. Well maybe though in a laugh or two.

Thanks

 
At 21/4/08 18:28, Blogger kitten said...

I feel everything happens for a reason.
I'm think I'm going to make this fun Monday in parts through out this week.

 
At 21/4/08 19:10, Blogger Rachel (Crazy-Is) said...

What a sweet post!!! It's funny when you think about a past heartache and realize that if that had not happened, then (insert event here) wouldn't have happened.

 
At 21/4/08 19:13, Blogger the mother of this lot said...

If I hadn't read this post I wouldn't be sitting here wondering what the hell I've done in the last forty years.

 
At 21/4/08 19:21, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Darlin'...interesting how all these "ifs" combined get us to where we are today...and you know how I related to this !
My "Chatty Kathy" award post will be up tomorrow. Since there were no rules, I concocted up a few of my own.

 
At 21/4/08 20:06, Blogger Alison said...

wonderful post and list Chris...I love how everything flows into the next...when one door closes another opens..

 
At 21/4/08 20:28, Blogger Jo Beaufoix said...

That was fantastic. And what an interesting career you've had. Fab. :D

 
At 21/4/08 20:33, Blogger Heather said...

It's sounds as though you've taken life's twists and turns and made the best out of each one of them! You're daughters are very lucky to have you, as our your grandchildren.

 
At 21/4/08 20:41, Blogger Aoj and The Lurchers said...

Having a loving family to testify to you as a person is wonderful, and you deserve it Chris!

 
At 21/4/08 21:39, Blogger David said...

great read! Thank you!
David

 
At 22/4/08 01:33, Blogger Rose said...

Wonderful post,very touching.

 
At 22/4/08 03:16, Blogger Sayre said...

Everything happens for a reason - even when it isn't obvious at the time...

Brilliant post.

 
At 22/4/08 05:13, Blogger Kila said...

Turning lemons into lemonade :)

 
At 22/4/08 05:14, Blogger the planet of janet said...

excellent post. just shows that everything happens for a reason.

 
At 22/4/08 05:40, Blogger Unknown said...

Those are all big things but my favorite is the grandkids. :)

 
At 22/4/08 13:10, Blogger Hula Girl at Heart said...

What an absolutely wonderful list! I love the way our lives unfold in unexpected ways. Great post.

 
At 22/4/08 16:35, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I do believe all things work together for good. Very touching post.

 
At 22/4/08 18:04, Blogger Sam said...

I don't think I believe your destiny is mapped out for you, but i do believe in fate. Fate is a thing that opens up opportunities you may not have imagined. If I hadn't failed my exams and gone back to take them I would never I have unearthed my interest in the media and if I hadn't changed degrees at the last minute my life would have gone in a very different direction. But I don't think my destiny was mapped at that point. Fate offered me an alternative and it was up to me to get myself on the path that was meant for me, even though my mother wasn't wholly enamoured fo me changing my mind, it was the right way to go.

Love you mum -without you I would never have been me, and I quite like being me, so it's all thanks to you...

 
At 23/4/08 04:49, Blogger Pamela said...

You are wonderful Chris.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home