Tuesday, May 13, 2008

LiveStrong Day


Are you supporting the Lance Armstrong Live Strong Campaign.

You may remember this post last month, in which I showed you the Kedgeree I made in support of the event 'A Taste of Yellow' founded in 2007 by Barbara over at Winos and Foodies. The event is to help raise cancer awareness in support of the above campaign and this year 179 bloggers produced a beautiful array of food all with a yellow element.

Barbara has produced a two part round up of all the entries:
part 1
part 2 and it really is worth taking a look.


I am participating in the 'Race for Life' event on Saturday in memory of Sam's friend Sheena and for all those who are still fighting this terrible disease. So wish me luck~ I'm only walking the course!!

PS After some kind enquiries, I have now set up an online sponsorship here.
Thank you
Archives:
2007: Guess the cost?

Labels: , ,

15 Comments:

At 13/5/08 10:18, Blogger Barbara said...

Thanks Chris. Good luck on Saturday.

 
At 13/5/08 10:20, Blogger ChrisB said...

Thank you Barbara x

 
At 13/5/08 11:10, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm wishing you luck for Saturday:). Hope you enjoy the walk!

 
At 13/5/08 12:30, Blogger frannie said...

Great job, Chris!!!

I love the lemon!

 
At 13/5/08 13:25, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good Luck on Saturday, My Mum is doing this too in June. Hope you get good weather :)

 
At 13/5/08 13:31, Blogger Steffi said...

I wish you of course good luck for saturday too!Enjoy your walk and nice idea!

 
At 13/5/08 13:43, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You rock!! Do you have a site I could donate to to help your walk?

 
At 13/5/08 13:50, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good for you...THANK YOU for participating from a breast cancer survivor.

 
At 13/5/08 14:03, Blogger thefoodsnob said...

Good luck, I am happy to see you doing this again (I will e-mail you about donating.)

Lisa

 
At 13/5/08 14:54, Anonymous Anonymous said...

good luck on saturday chris!

 
At 13/5/08 15:01, Blogger Sam said...

Hi everyone - if you would like to donate, mine and Sheena's friend Karen (also known to ChrisB of course) is also taking part and is trying to raise some money for Cancer Care UK. You can find her donation web page here. Thanks to anyone who can give something, however small.

 
At 13/5/08 22:03, Blogger Ari_1965 said...

I enjoyed your kedgeree recipe.

 
At 14/5/08 00:23, Blogger Joy T. said...

Good luck on saturday! Can't wait to hear all about it.

 
At 14/5/08 06:52, Blogger my4kids said...

We wore our yellow today in honor of the day. I don't really know how to make anything yellow though unless you count the mustard on the bratwurst we had this evening...

 
At 15/5/08 08:37, Blogger ChrisB said...

Thank you everyone~ I don't like the look of the weather forecast for Saturday I could be walking in the rain!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home