Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Witty Wednesday # 42

Have I posted this one before ~Oh dear I can't remember ( I do know it came from an ex-colleague, Thank you Carol)

Your Yearly Dementia Test


It's that time of year to take our annual senior citizen test.
Exercise of the brain is as important as exercise of the muscles. As we grow older, it's important to keep mentally alert. If you don't use it, you lose it! Below is a very private way to gauge your loss or non-loss of intelligence.
Take the test presented here to determine if you're losing it or not. The spaces below are so you don't see the answers until you've decided on the answer.
OK, relax, clear your mind and begin.



1. What do you put in a toaster?









Answer: 'bread.' If you said 'toast,' give up now and do something else.
Try not to hurt yourself. If you said, bread, go to Question 2.











2. Say 'silk' five times. Now spell 'silk.' What do cows drink?










Answer: Cows drink water. If you said 'milk,' don't attempt the next question. Your brain is over-stressed and may even overheat. Content yourself with reading a more appropriate literature such as Auto World. However, if you said 'water', proceed to question 3.





3. If a red house is made from red bricks and a blue house is made from blue bricks and a pink house is made from pink bricks and a black house is made from black bricks, what is a green house made from?








Answer: Greenhouses are made from glass. If you said 'green bricks,'
why the hell are you still reading these???
If you said 'glass,' go on to Question 4.





4. It's twenty years ago, and a plane is flying at 20,000 feet over Germany (If you will recall, Germany at the time was politically divided into West Germany and East Germany.) Anyway, during the flight, two engines fail. The pilot, realizing that the last remaining engine is also failing, decides on a crash landing procedure. Unfortunately the engine fails before he can do so and the plane fatally crashes smack in the middle of 'no man’s land' between East Germany and West Germany. Where would you bury the survivors? East Germany, West Germany, or no man's land'?







Answer: You don't bury survivors.
If you said ANYTHING else, you're a dunce and you must stop. If you said, 'You don't bury survivors', proceed to the next question.



5. Without using a calculator - You are driving a bus from London to Milford Haven in Wales . In London , 17 people get on the bus. In Reading , six people get off the bus and nine people get on. In Swindon, two people get off and four get on. In Cardiff, 11 people get off and 16 people get on . In Swansea, three people get off and five people get on. In Carmarthen, six people get off and three get on. You then arrive at Milford Haven.
What was the name of the bus driver?








Answer: Oh, for crying out loud!
Don't you remember your own name? It was YOU!!







Now I'm sure you will all do well at this .......

However, I'm told 95% of people fail most of the questions!!
<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>
These Children's Science Exam answers will make you laugh.
Q: Name the four seasons.
A: Salt, pepper, mustard and vinegar.

Q: Explain one of the processes by which water can be made safe to drink.
A: Flirtation makes water safe to drink because it removes large pollutants like grit, sand, dead sheep and canoeists.

Q: How is dew formed?
A: The sun shines down on the leaves and makes them perspire.

Q: How can you delay milk turning sour? (brilliant, love this!)
A: Keep it in the cow.

Q: What causes the tides in the oceans?
A: The tides are a fight between the Earth and the Moon. All water tends to flow towards the moon, because there is no water on the moon, and nature hates a vacuum. I forget where the sun joins in this fight.

Q: What are steroids?
A: Things for keeping carpets still on the stairs.

Q: What happens to your body as you age?
A: When you get old, so do your bowels and you get intercontinental.

Q: What happens to a boy when he reaches puberty?
A: He says good-bye to his boyhood and looks forward to his adultery.

Q: Name a major disease associated with cigarettes
A: Premature death.

Q: How are the main parts of the body categorized? (e.g., abdomen.)
A: The body is consisted into three parts - the brainium, the borax and the abdominal cavity. The brainium contains the brain; the borax contains the heart and lungs, and the abdominal cavity contains the five bowels, A, E, I, O, and U.

Q: What is the fibula?
A: A small lie.

Q: What does 'varicose' mean? (I do love this one...)
A: Nearby.

Q: Give the meaning of the term 'Caesarian Section'
A: The Caesarian Section is a district in Rome

Q: What does the word 'benign' mean?'
A: Benign is what you will be after you be eight.
<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

Thank you Barbara~ I think I should have called this one WISDOM!
Old Age, I decided, is a gift.
I am now, probably for the first time in my life, the person I have always wanted to be. Oh, not my body!
I sometime despair over my body, the wrinkles, the baggy eyes, and the sagging butt. And often I am taken aback by that old person that lives in my mirror (who looks like my mother!), but I don't agonize over those things for long.


I would never trade my amazing friends, my wonderful life, my loving family for less gray hair or a flatter belly. As I've aged, I've become more kind to myself, and less critical of myself. I've become my own friend


I don't chide myself for eating that extra cookie, or for not making my bed, or for buying that silly cement gecko that I didn't need, but looks so avante garde on my patio. I am entitled to a treat, to be messy, to be extravagant.


I have seen too many dear friends leave this world too soon; before they understood the great freedom that comes with aging.


Whose business is it if I choose to read or play on the computer until 4am and sleep til noon?


I will dance with myself to those wonderful tunes of the 60 & 70's, and if I, at the same time, wish to weep over a lost love ... I will.


I will walk the beach in a swim suit that is stretched over a bulging body, and will dive into the waves with abandon if I choose to, despite the pitying glances from the jet set .

They, too, will get old.


I know I am sometimes forgetful. But there again, some of life is just as well forgotten. And I eventually remember the important things.

Sure, over the years my heart has been broken. How can your heart not break when you lose a loved one, or when a child suffers, or even when somebody's beloved pet gets hit by a car? But broken hearts are what give us strength and understanding and compassion. A heart never broken is pristine and sterile and will never know the joy of being imperfect.


I am so blessed to have lived long enough to have my hair turning gray, and to have my youthful laughs be forever etched into deep grooves on my face. So many have never laughed, and so many have died before their hair could turn silver.


As you get older, it is easier to be positive. You care less about what other people think. I don't question myself anymore. I've even earned the right to be wrong.


So, to answer your question, I like being old. It has set me free. I like the person I have become. I am not going to live forever, but while I am still here, I will not waste time lamenting what could have been, or worrying about what will be.
And I shall eat dessert every single day. (If I feel like it)
<><><><>><><><>><><><><><><><><><><><><><>
Have fun! Archives:
2007: Road to Morocco

Labels: ,

26 Comments:

At 26/3/08 09:47, Blogger Beccy said...

Oh dear, I'm just out of bed and my brain is not yet in thinking mode!

 
At 26/3/08 10:26, Blogger the mother of this lot said...

I'm not surprised most people fail the quiz. I'll be trying them out on this lot later. I'm not expecting much.

 
At 26/3/08 10:44, Blogger karisma said...

Oh bugger! I was out on the milk one, and do you know I thought I was so clever too! Would you believe I have done this before, so I should have known better. I went on and got the rest wrong too! Mmmm maybe I should go to bed.

 
At 26/3/08 12:43, Blogger Alix said...

LOL I was out on number 1 but I did manage to answer 4 correctly :) Number 4 that is not 4 questions - it is still early here :)

 
At 26/3/08 13:11, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, the children's science exam answers make me giggle. I am also impressed with their creativity!

 
At 26/3/08 13:12, Blogger kitten said...

I was like Karisma. The cow one got me and I have done this before, but they still got me. LOL! What a Wonderful Witty Wednesday!

 
At 26/3/08 14:18, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm still driving the bus. Help!

 
At 26/3/08 14:19, Anonymous Anonymous said...

very funny! I got them all right of course!
I love that you can get canoeists in water!

 
At 26/3/08 14:20, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Beccy ! Where are you ?

 
At 26/3/08 14:50, Anonymous Anonymous said...

okay that was hilarious!!! lol baby cows drink milk! that should count for something!!!

 
At 26/3/08 14:50, Anonymous Anonymous said...

okay that was hilarious!!! lol baby cows drink milk! that should count for something!!!

 
At 26/3/08 15:05, Blogger Pamela said...

You certainly help etch the laugh grooves on my face girl!!

 
At 26/3/08 15:35, Blogger Unknown said...

Splutter!

 
At 26/3/08 15:51, Blogger Anon said...

Well, I hope to share these sentiments on growing old when I'm as old as you!

(Only joking)

I posted a WW today

 
At 26/3/08 16:46, Blogger Emma in Canada said...

That cow one gets me everytime.

 
At 26/3/08 20:15, Blogger Julie said...

Ok, I failed the first one! And second and then I gave up. yikes.

 
At 26/3/08 21:22, Blogger Sandy said...

Holy cannoli! I thought being menopausal was bad and now I find out that I can look forward to being intercontinental...lol.

 
At 26/3/08 22:25, Blogger laurie said...

dagnabit! i am sure that SOME cows drink milk!

(i didnt' get very far, did i?)

 
At 26/3/08 22:31, Blogger katy said...

well I got the first two questions right!

 
At 27/3/08 01:23, Blogger Mr A said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 27/3/08 02:33, Blogger Barbara said...

I got question one correct.

 
At 27/3/08 07:40, Blogger bichonpawz said...

Yikes! I am doomed!!

 
At 27/3/08 15:36, Blogger Jill said...

i got all of the answers right! woohoo!

 
At 27/3/08 19:18, Blogger Sauntering Soul said...

I just read the children's science answers to two of my co-workers. I think the attorney across the hall almost wet his pants.

 
At 27/3/08 19:37, Blogger ChrisB said...

lil mouse I'm glad someone managed it~ you are in the 5%!

SS Now that I would like to have seen LOL!

 
At 29/3/08 23:09, Blogger Secret Squirrel said...

the last part of this post has just made me cry.
Very Very nice.
Thankyou

xox eve xox

 

Post a Comment

<< Home