Sunday, April 22, 2007

The fruits of Embee's labour


Having bought two more blueberry plants last weekend, I needed some patio slabs laid to make a neat area for them in the sun. So yesterday we took ourselves off to the garden centre to buy the slabs, some plants for my tubs, and other bits and pieces. So today Embee amongst other things cut out the lawn, laid the slabs and the final result is as you see. All four plants have plenty of flowers and I'm hopeful of a reasonable little harvest given the size of each plant.

Embee is rather disappointed I didn't get the patio plants potted but I was too busy scanning photos for Fun Monday, and taking numerous phone calls from my youngest grandson. I dread to think what his mother's phone bill will be. He thinks it's great fun, we've chatted about everything from how well he's done getting to the next level of Star Wars game, he's read to me, sung to me, he's told me all about how he baked and decorated buns without any help, we played I-spy, I know what his mum and dad are doing, what he was eating for breakfast, lunch and dinner- no secrets when he's around. He's so sweet he wishes I could get on a plane right now and visit. There's no prizes for guessing what I will be doing once I have skype up and running!!!

Labels:

9 Comments:

At 22/4/07 19:26, Blogger Beccy said...

I think I'm going to have to hide the phone from him! Now why did I teach him how to call you?

You can tell Dad there's plenty of jobs here need doing.

 
At 22/4/07 20:00, Blogger my4kids said...

Looks great!
I am a little worried about when we move how often the kids will want to call their grandparents. We will have to see.

 
At 22/4/07 21:36, Blogger Barbara said...

Will the blueberries be in bigger pots?

 
At 22/4/07 23:11, Blogger ChrisB said...

barbara I will be repotting after they have fruited. Embee thinks this is not the right time. Its what I did with the two I already had and they have grown in three years (they were very tiny just a few inches when I bought them). So I'm doing it gradually- I have the bigger pots waiting ready for the autumn.

 
At 22/4/07 23:38, Blogger cookiecrumb said...

Embee rocks! Can I borrow him? (I am systematically trying to borrow all elements of your family.)

 
At 23/4/07 07:40, Blogger ChrisB said...

beccy the last time he called I aked if yoiu knew and he said no he was outside.

my4kids do the grandparents have a computer?

cookiecrumb Not sure you would really want to borrow him he's getting a bit past his sell by date!!(joke embee I really do want to pots fixed to the front wall x)

 
At 24/4/07 02:53, Blogger Unknown said...

This photo really resonates with me, for some reason. I feel as though I am there, smelling the spring.

 
At 24/4/07 10:21, Blogger ChrisB said...

mimi it's so lovely to be able to spend time outside without being muffled up. I hesitate to say we need rain but you can see how brown the lawn is and it would normally be lush and green in April.

 
At 26/4/07 20:08, Blogger ~ej said...

the stone slabs are a brilliant idea!! and how nice to speak to your grandson so often...:-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home