Sunday, August 16, 2009

Balloon Landing

One of the things we had planned to do while the family were here was take a ride in a hot air balloon. As it turned out, we had organised so much for the ten days that there wasn't sufficient time to fit a balloon ride into the itinerary, so we've put it on hold for another time.
We did, however, manage to see a balloon landing in a field alongside the motorway on our way to take Sam to the airport.



Archives:
2008: Garfield on diets
2007: The Council knows best

Labels: ,

7 Comments:

At 16/8/09 21:25, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love seeing the balloons, you got an excellent couple of pics there!
I'm pretty sure you have squeezed in so muc already the balloon trip will wait. Glad you have all had a fab week!

 
At 16/8/09 22:58, Blogger willowtree said...

Bugger the balloons, you have to get up at sparrow fart to have a ride in one.

 
At 17/8/09 01:10, Blogger Unknown said...

What a wonderful drop of color in the sky!

 
At 17/8/09 03:02, Blogger Living Life said...

I have always wanted to go up in a hot air balloon. It is on my bucket list!

 
At 17/8/09 03:16, Anonymous wendishness said...

Excellent, I love them! Where I lived three years ago we often had them floating by, one morning I was sitting outside and one flew straight over the top of the house. It seemed so low you felt as though you could hand things up to those in the basket.

 
At 17/8/09 05:06, Blogger Mal Kiely [Lancelots Pram] said...

I've had the joy of watching them rise and land all around where we were sitting a handful of times... it's truly memorable. Altho you'd be lucky to get me actually *up* in one, tho! :)
Cyalayta
Mal :)

 
At 17/8/09 09:42, Blogger ChrisB said...

WT that's one of the reasons we didn't do it this time around LOL.

Wendi we have a balloon festival here in Bristol but it was the weekend we were away. It's a wonderful sight seeing all the balloons.

Mal I did wonder how I would feel!

The Church Lady I hope you get the opportunity to do it one day.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home