Monday, August 10, 2009

Fun Monday # 128 What's growing in my garden!



Karmyn is our hostess this week and she wants to see:

WHAT'S GROWING IN OUR GARDENs (or yard, or patio pot).

I am very late getting this post up because I've been away for the weekend with the family who are staying with me until Thursday.

I"ve mentioned before that we have practically no back garden. It's really what we call a yard, with a small walled lawn where the tortoises live and raised planters down one wall but we do try to grow a few vegetables, herbs and fruit with varying success. I'm usually so thrilled with my small amount of produce that I tend to blog about it anyway, so I'm sure some of you will have already seen my beans, loganberry jam, blueberries, rhubarb, carrots and potatoes. We are growing some white and purple sprouting in a raised bed and it remains to be seen if this will produce enough, given that it takes up a lot of space. Embee is trying to grow onions in small containers this year and they will not be that large but will be a useful addition.One thing I definitely don't want growing in the garden is flying ants and these got the boiling water treatment.
I will be around to visit you all as soon as possible but we are off to Alton Towers tomorrow, leaving at 7am and won't be back until late!

Archives:
2008: Bowood House cont.
2007: Quick Hello

Labels: , , , ,

15 Comments:

At 10/8/09 22:35, Blogger Sam said...

Hopefully I'll eat all that produce before Thursday ;)

 
At 10/8/09 23:20, Anonymous Karmyn R said...

Lovely! Even small gardens can produce well. I've never seen onions grown like that before. kind of cool!

 
At 11/8/09 00:50, Blogger Anvilcloud said...

I've got some stinging nettle you can have.

 
At 11/8/09 00:55, Anonymous wendishness said...

I'm such a brown thumb with plants but I've often wondered about growing my own produce - even just a few things. Something I do want to try when we get into our own place though.

Ahhh Alton Towers, that brings back memories for me! LOL Hope you had fun.

 
At 11/8/09 03:35, Blogger Sayre said...

I'm impressed by your containers! Mine needs some work, I guess. I've never been good at growing plants, but that's never stopped me from trying anyway...

 
At 11/8/09 03:54, Blogger Living Life said...

Very colorful photo collage! You definitely have a green thumb!

 
At 11/8/09 05:09, Blogger Faye said...

You certainly make the most of your gardening space. Enjoy your photos of the crops as they come in, especially anything that can be made into jam as I recall. Enjoy your outings this week. Daughter still visiting?

 
At 11/8/09 05:23, Blogger Faye said...

Chris, I forgot to ask. Do you live near The New Forest? I was so thrilled to get a postcard with views of the forest today from someone in Bournemouth. I heard about The New Forest from my favorite BBC drama, North and South.

 
At 11/8/09 11:28, Anonymous EmBee said...

The current planter in the tortoise lawn is 1.2metres square, next year it will be a rectangle 1.75M x 2.00 M, so keep watching this space!!!! Love EmBee

 
At 11/8/09 14:23, Blogger Amrita said...

HmmmmHmmmm, all that garden produce is fab. And I 've never seen onions grown this way. Really neat

 
At 11/8/09 17:02, Blogger Pamela said...

Yes. I've enjoyed your ability to garden in such a small space.


boiled ants. ha ha.
struck me funny.

we've got a wasp/yellow jacket problem.

 
At 12/8/09 09:00, Blogger bichonpawz said...

You have a lovely little garden Chris! And lots of good things to eat!! Love the onions!

 
At 13/8/09 10:32, Blogger Steffi said...

Really nice collage!Your garden looks good and nice harvest!

 
At 13/8/09 13:41, Blogger Molly said...

I hope that you had a good time at Alton Towers and with the family. Boiling water for the ants...hmmm that ought to do the trick. I played Fun Monday too, but I posted mine on Wednesday.

 
At 14/8/09 11:09, Blogger ChrisB said...

Faye it depends which part of the New Forest but we are about 60 -70 miles from Bournemouth,Lyndhurt,Southampton.
I loved North and South.

Molly lovely to see you-I now have a bare patch in the lawn, but no ants haha!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home