Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Alton Towers 2009

Never having been to Alton Towers I was not quite sure what to expect. Once through the entrance and had passed a few shops this was my first view across the lake.
We walked past a pirate ship and saw a deadly shark swimming round and round maybe hoping for a casualty! The ducks weren't bothered they just went on feeding -bottoms up! There definitely more to Alton Towers than the rides, but I guess not too many people stop to appreciate the beauty.



If you need a rest the shade of a tree is just perfect We started off with a couple of gentle rides, the first a roller coaster followed by the river Rapids below..........and then the FlumeI did not drop into 'Oblivion' but Sam, Mollie and Beccy did as you can see from the official photo below.
....it is quite a drop into a black hole, Ben and I were quite happy sitting in the sun watching everyone drop by I coped much better in 'The Haunted House' Ben scored the most points, shooting the ghosts and ghouls with his laser gun. Guess who scored the least!Several of the rides broke down after we had been queuing for about 45 minutes which was disappointing and the Skyride Stations was closed due to a fire.

I do have a few more photos to show you but I'll leave those for another day.

Archives:
2008: Fun Monday-78 Show and Tell
2007: What's in a Name

Labels: , , , , , , ,

6 Comments:

At 13/8/09 23:18, Blogger willowtree said...

It actually seems a shame to have rides there at all, I'd love to go just to walk around the grounds.

PS. Just a minor suggestion on scoring higher on the ghost ride. You could try looking in the direction you're shooting, or if that doesn't work, you could try shooting in the direction you're looking.

 
At 14/8/09 02:44, Blogger Sam said...

WT - well that would be boring. It's not like Great Britain doesn't have a gazillion old houses and grounds without rides to walk around already ;)

 
At 14/8/09 02:47, Blogger Living Life said...

Looks like you had a blast!

 
At 14/8/09 05:53, Anonymous wendishness said...

I went to Alton Towers in 1982, and even as a teenager I could appreciate the grounds etc.. it's a beautiful place and such a shame that they have spoiled it with all the rides and such. I guess it's changed a LOT since I was there.

 
At 14/8/09 09:48, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your pictures show just what a good time was had! I've been a couple of times but it has been a while. I like Flamigo land....it's closer but I think Alton Towers is the better of the two!
You look as though you mean business with that laser gun!

 
At 14/8/09 10:17, Blogger ChrisB said...

WT I hadn't realised the grounds would be kept so well, mind you that is only one area-the rest is very much as you would expect from a theme park.

I'm a hopeless case, Ben on the other hand clearly spends too much time on computer games as his eye to hand coordination is very good.

Sam I think it it's actually a bonus that they have combined the two. Old grannies can be deposited in the garden while the family has fun.

CLady it was tiring but good fun.

Wend it would be good to do a then and now comparison do you have any old photos?

Daffy I don't think I've ever heard of the Flamingo Land one. I had to google it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home