Monday, March 16, 2009

Fun Monday # 107 Kids Say the Darndest Things


Mariposa has given us a good topic this week, and in the past,I have read some very amusing things said by blogger's children so I know we will be having some really good fun today. She says:

Kids Say the Darnedest Things!

Yes, they can be your children...your nephew...niece....siblings...just any experience which makes you say...indeed, Kids Say the Darnedest Things! They need not be a lot...but no limit to how many you can share...more means more fun!


This was not the easiest post for me because I'm not in close contact with many young children these days. So if you want to leave now that's OK by me.

When my own children were young many moons ago now I do recall Beccy couldn't pronounce all her words and she would say to everyone 'wipe your peet' and and it was always an elipant!
I also recall my children were very good at showing me up. It was sometimes necessary to tell a white lie so as not to hurt someone's feelings- my two always liked to earwig and several times I remember that uncomfortable feeling when they butted in "that's not right mummy you said....." they got one of my special looks!

My eldest grandson (Dillon) must have caught the earwiging from his mum. When he was a tot and he used to sit in the back of our people carrier and clearly listen to the conversation. One day his little voice piped in to say "speak louder I can't hear the news" (gossip more like which is why we had dropped our voices!)

Embee reminded me of the time when we were on the beach in Cornwall in the rain and we wondering what to do and again Dillon said "can we go somewhere with a roof"-very sensible.

There was also the time when Embee rang Dillon a day late to wish him a Happy Birthday and his response was "It already was my Birthday" so cute!

Another time Embee asked him what he had done with the sun and he replied "I put it in the drawer and it wasn't there when I got up". He's now a strapping teenager and is very good at the quick retorts if only I could remember some recent ones!

That's me done for today, looking forward to having a laugh when I visit you :)

Archives:
2007: Fancy Cakes

Labels: , ,

19 Comments:

At 16/3/09 11:25, Blogger FH said...

Happy St.Patrick's day to all of you. Enjoy. I will be taking a day off blogs today, too tired after a weekend of activities! :)

 
At 16/3/09 12:34, Anonymous Anonymous said...

sorry you had to work so hard yesterday, and I loved your little quips from Dillon. So funny

 
At 16/3/09 12:57, Blogger kitten said...

So Sweet! Kids do say the darnedest things and most of the time in the darnedest places. LOL!

 
At 16/3/09 13:18, Blogger Peter said...

Somewhere with a roof is very sound if its hot or wet Chris.

 
At 16/3/09 13:20, Blogger Driftwood and Pumpkin said...

Great ones! My son couldn't pronounce all of his words either. One of his favorite treats was a Pop Tart, only he called them Tar-Tarps. :0)

 
At 16/3/09 14:00, Blogger Hootin Anni said...

I remember those 'special looks' too!!! Been there, done that. And!!!!--------my YOUNGEST grandson is Dillon too.

 
At 16/3/09 15:35, Blogger Attie said...

ha ha too cute!!! i always brace my self when Slick starts taking you just never know with him!!

 
At 16/3/09 16:19, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hahaha! Great stories. Happy FM to you!

 
At 16/3/09 18:22, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hearing the news....hee hee.

Buttercup went through a similar stage where she "pointed out the obvious" to me and everyone else. Those were extremely embarrassing days.

 
At 16/3/09 19:45, Blogger SwampAngel65 said...

Plenty of times I've been at the beach and wished I had a roof! Love the putting the sun in the drawer..so precious!

 
At 16/3/09 19:46, Blogger Sam said...

phew. I escaped that post unscathed

 
At 16/3/09 20:31, Blogger Steffi said...

Happy Fun Monday,Chris!

 
At 16/3/09 21:18, Blogger karisma said...

So cute! I love "peet" thats right up there with my nephew who still calls me Yaysa even though he can now say Lisa perfectly. (Yes we encourage it and half the family call me Yaysa too! LOL) I also love the bit about catching the news. So sweet! I wonder how much he was planning to pass on! LOL

 
At 16/3/09 22:24, Blogger Living Life said...

You have alot of nice memories! Thanks for sharing.

 
At 16/3/09 23:57, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ha, so cute! Yes kids can be nosy...and their wit is just amazing!

Thanks for playing...

 
At 16/3/09 23:59, Blogger Jan said...

What great memories. This has been a really great Fun Monday.

 
At 17/3/09 06:13, Blogger Gattina said...

I like the one with "speak louder" lol, I don't like jokes children's sayings are much more fun !
I laughed a lot this monday !

 
At 17/3/09 08:01, Blogger sallywrites said...

Happy St. Patrick's Day. My kids are alwsys saying funny things... but I often forget them. I try to write them in my blog when I hear them...
ED was really cross with us though for not having corrected her for calling Felt Tips "Velt tips"... for years.... :)

 
At 17/3/09 17:47, Blogger Hula Girl at Heart said...

Great stories! So funny.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home