Monday, October 20, 2008

Fun Monday # 87 or My Friday!



Sarah is our hostess for this week and this is the assignment she has chosen for us.

I would like you to take your camera (or your artistic talents!) on a day tour with you. I want to know where you go, what you get up to on a “normal” day (disclaimer - it doesn’t have to be “normal”!). All the details you would consider boring! You are free to make your FM posts as long or as short as you’d like!
I chose last Friday as my day. It was actually a beautiful sunny autumn day and the first thing I did was take the camera around the back garden for a few shots. Nothing remotely exciting there, my parsley is still growing well and one of the tortoises was peeping out of their house.
After this I had breakfast and a cup of coffee but decided not to bore you with photos. Now what I was expecting to happen was as you see in the photos below. My garage door was due to be replaced and then I was going to take my friend to Makro so that she could stock up on cat food and a few other things. What actually happened was the guys doing the job were running late and we went off to do the shopping; when we returned just over 2 hours later they had only just arrived. This meant the rest of my day was scuppered and I didn't go swimming as I always do on a Friday afternoon. Instead I stayed and made sure the men had drinks and that the job was done properly.
I managed to get a sneaky photo of Tina at the fish counter. As you can see our trolley is gradually filling up!
I bought one of these memory pillows (I chose a traditional shape) which are supposed to be very good support for the neck. I haven't tried it out yet because I'm letting it air to get rid of the chemical smell, which according to the label will take a fortnight. I wonder whether anyone has any experience of these pillows and it they really are any good!


I'm hoping to see others who lead much more exciting lives than mine!


Archives:
2007: Up up and away not today!

Labels: , , , , ,

22 Comments:

At 20/10/08 18:10, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Chris you may not think your day was interesting but I think your beautiful pot plants and tortoise are great!

Makro shops are always handy, and good that you managed to get out rather than being trapped in for the whole day.

Thanks so much for sharing your day with us.

Sarah x

 
At 20/10/08 19:01, Blogger kitten said...

What a lovely day indeed! Love those memory pillows!

 
At 20/10/08 19:55, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I haven't been to Makro for aaaages! I'm worried now about all of the bargains I'm missing!
Your day sounded rather fine to me. Men need female supervision... *nods* very true! and I'm pretty sure that tea breaks are an integral part of their day... you can't expect them to work and make tea! *rolls eyes*
Loved the garden view too Chris.

 
At 20/10/08 21:27, Anonymous Anonymous said...

and I've tagged you. :o)

 
At 20/10/08 22:44, Blogger Tiggerlane said...

I want to hear how the memory pillow works out! My neck is always killing me.

I was told that recording devices are not allowed at our WalMart...after the kid recording about an hour of silliness.

Great job!

 
At 20/10/08 23:26, Blogger ChrisB said...

tiggerlane I'll let you know how I get on with the pillow once I start using it!

daffy they had some good bargains this week -plenty of offers on Christmas stuff! I'll be over to look at the tag.

 
At 21/10/08 00:26, Blogger willowtree said...

Ha ha ha! I haven't ever had one of those pillows, but I'd be nervous about using a pillow that I have to air for two weeks so that the fumes don't kill me!

 
At 21/10/08 00:42, Blogger Barbara said...

I love this idea. I've thought about doing it on my blog. I wish I'd known it was happening I'd gave particpated. Nice to share your day Chris.

 
At 21/10/08 00:51, Blogger Mal Kiely [Lancelots Pram] said...

I'm in the process of editing some photos as we speak. Nice pics you've got there, ma'am :)

Cyalayta
Mal :)

 
At 21/10/08 03:31, Blogger Alison said...

what a great day Chris...everything you wanted to get done you accomplished...just perfect.

I missed this FM, it sounds like a good one!!

 
At 21/10/08 04:15, Blogger karisma said...

Your garden is lovely! And the turtle just reminded me that on the way to the beach the other day we saw one crossing the road! It was an odd place for him to be but he seemed to know where he was going!

 
At 21/10/08 04:44, Blogger Mimi Lenox said...

This week we are memeing the movement to get it rolling along. You've been tagged by the Queen of Memes!
The Peace Meme

 
At 21/10/08 08:09, Blogger Beccy said...

I hope you got lots of yummy stuff in Makro

 
At 21/10/08 09:48, Blogger ChrisB said...

WT the fumes are harmless (or so they say) I just don't like the smell!

barbara oh I wish you had seen it earlier-you could still do it though!

mimi I must come and see that meme!

 
At 21/10/08 15:42, Blogger Pamela said...

The pillow was "made in ....?"
that would determine whether or not I subjected my face to it.. hey.


Going to work sucks. I'd rather stay home and do what I want.. well, as much as possible.

 
At 21/10/08 16:27, Blogger Attie said...

sounds like a very relaxing day!!

 
At 21/10/08 17:09, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Chris - gorgeous plants! I've managed to keep a Lucky Bamboo alive for a couple of years and that's about it :-P I'd also like to hear about the Memory Pillow.

 
At 21/10/08 17:23, Blogger survivor said...

Thanks for a lovely day with you across the pond!I am reading the blogs of people all over the world and we are all so basically similar but different enough to be interesting. I think before any man starts a war he should have to blog for a year to meet the people and mothers of the county. Thanks Chris, I have enjoyed this Fun Monday! robin

 
At 21/10/08 18:18, Blogger wendishness said...

I agree, it was a lovely day and wonderful photos to share from your garden!!

 
At 23/10/08 09:14, Blogger Steffi said...

Your garden looks really lovely!Great pics!

 
At 25/10/08 22:12, Blogger Jo Beaufoix said...

Sorry I'm so late. What a busy day, and the pillow must be lovely. I'd love one of those. I'm less sure of the mattresses though, mainly as I don't really want to see a mould of my bottom and how big it is, hee hee.

 
At 28/10/08 02:12, Blogger ~ej said...

i love these daily photo shoots. what fun :)
hoping your memory pillow is nice. my son has one and has a love hate relationship with it.
i'm a feather pillow kinda gal now ;)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home