Friday, September 05, 2008

Friday's 40 Photo Challenge # 16

Robin had given us this photo to inspire us to put pen to paper. Well to get our fingers tapping to be precise. I haven't taken up the photo challenge for some weeks but this week I decided to write the first words that came into my head and not change anything!
Soaring without Wings

He sees the thrill of the flight
What do I see within my sight
It sends chills down my spine
What if he falls
It will be my fault I'll get the blame
I must hold on and keep him close
No I must have faith he will be safe
So that he can learn and grow
Eventually the ties will be cut so he can confidently fly the nest


When I saw this photo it immediately made me think of my grandchildren who love the excitement of this type of activity. Sometimes it makes my stomach turn but I know they have to take a few (safe) risks. I make no pretense that this is poetry it is just my random thoughts!
Archives:
2007: Pay it Forward

Labels: ,

15 Comments:

At 5/9/08 08:44, Blogger Beccy said...

Much as I'm trying to prepare my children for growing up and leaving the nest I'm dreading it too. Lovely poem mum.

 
At 5/9/08 11:53, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The sentiments were/are mine and are beautiffully and very well put. Love

 
At 5/9/08 13:18, Blogger kitten said...

Very good job!

 
At 5/9/08 13:20, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice response to the photo and very beautifully put :)

 
At 5/9/08 16:49, Blogger Dillo said...

Well said, well written! Seems like the moms sentiment is to protect and have them be safe....Whereas as a dad I'm in the background yelling, "Come on--you can go higher!"

 
At 5/9/08 17:08, Blogger petra michelle; Whose role is it anyway? said...

Well, in my opinion, Cris, the words are poetry and so relevant to the photo; no one will miss the point you're making. Beautifully written, and I can relate! p.s.
I just noticed your comments about the sauce recipe for your casserole
a few posts ago. Thank you so very much! Buona giornata, cris!

 
At 5/9/08 17:22, Blogger ChrisB said...

beccy now you know how I felt when you and sam were teenagers!

 
At 5/9/08 17:31, Blogger Attie said...

Poetry that is!!!!!!!!!!!!!

 
At 5/9/08 18:22, Blogger Zoomie said...

A mother's (or grandmother's) thoughts truly do make poetry.

 
At 5/9/08 21:45, Anonymous Anonymous said...

HOW MANY TIMES DO I HAVE TO TELL YOU--YOU HAVE A BEAUTIFUL POET'S HEART!!!

Your sentiments here are much the same as mine EVERY TIME THEY SWING off that blasted thing! They scare me to pieces 'cause they're so daring.

So glad you returned this week; I love Friday's 40 but it hasn't quite caught on. The up side to that is I can visit everyone who joins!!!

Happy weekend :).

 
At 5/9/08 21:46, Anonymous Anonymous said...

lovely poetry chris.
oh my how many times do we hold our breathe when watching our children play?!

 
At 5/9/08 22:27, Blogger ChrisB said...

robin the problem is inspiration only seems to come to me when it touches close to home.

 
At 5/9/08 23:13, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, how I remember when my two left the nest. I thought my heart would break. Love your poem. It's a poem to me.

 
At 5/9/08 23:43, Blogger karisma said...

Sounds like poetry to me! Well done! And I must admit I thought it was my mother speaking! LOL! She is a worry wort too!

 
At 6/9/08 02:38, Blogger Attie said...

Someone I love needs your words of Love stop over!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home