Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Witty Wednesday # 60 Definitions



Now I wonder why Embee sent me this:-

A man went in and tried to rob a Bank, he was given money and as he was leaving asked one of the Customers standing there, "Did you see me rob this Bank?"

The man whispered back, "Yes I did",

The Robber shot him in the head.

He turned to another couple in the Bank, "Did you see me do this robbery?"

"No Sir I did not," the man replied instantly, "But I know my wife did"

***********************************************

These arrived in my inbox, from John last week.

Definitions:-

ADULT:
A person who has stopped growing at both ends and is now growing in the middle.


BEAUTY PARLOR:
A place where women curl up and dye.

CANNIBAL:
Someone who is fed up with people.

CHICKENS:
The only things you eat before they are born and after they are dead.

COMMITTEE:
A body that keeps minutes and wastes hours.

DUST:
Mud with the juice squeezed out.

EGOTIST:
Someone who is usually me-deep in conversation.

HANDKERCHIEF:
Cold Storage.

INFLATION:
Cutting money in half without damaging the paper.

MOSQUITO:
An insect that makes you like flies better.

RAISIN:
Grape with a sunburn.

SECRET:
Something you tell to one person at a time.

SKELETON:
A bunch of bones with the person scraped off.

TOOTHACHE:
The pain that drives you to extraction.

TOMORROW:
One of the greatest labor saving devices of today.

YAWN:
An honest opinion openly expressed.

WRINKLES:
Something other people have, similar to my character lines.

Last one is my personal favourite probably because I have a lot of these!!

Archives:
2007: Fun Monday 29

Labels:

18 Comments:

At 13/8/08 08:35, Anonymous Anonymous said...

LOL........
by the definition of an Adult means it is the first time I can actually class myself as an Adult!!!!

 
At 13/8/08 13:51, Blogger FH said...

Me too! I am a proper adult now!!;D

I am trying to care of my middle these days. All that food blogging is not good for me, glad I am taking a break!

Great witty post. Enjoy.

 
At 13/8/08 14:18, Blogger 3XMom said...

lol. Love the definition of adult!

 
At 13/8/08 15:12, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very funny. Thanks for the laughs. :)

 
At 13/8/08 15:53, Blogger Unknown said...

Glad you enjoyed Chris!

 
At 13/8/08 19:03, Blogger petra michelle; Whose role is it anyway? said...

Oh I have to list your blog on my list, if you don't mind. You do this every Wednesday. Much fun!
Petra

 
At 13/8/08 19:29, Blogger ChrisB said...

Hi Petra thanks for dropping in. I started WW well over a year ago really hoping others would join in and occasionally they do which is lovely. I don't think I had intended it to be a permanent feature but I do have some people who visit me only on weds so I try and keep it going.
Thanks for linking to me.

 
At 13/8/08 19:30, Blogger ChrisB said...

I thinks the adult is top of the class :)

 
At 13/8/08 21:16, Blogger MarmiteToasty said...

WHEN IS OUR SUMMER GONNA START :)

Loved this post LOL

x

 
At 13/8/08 22:31, Blogger Betty said...

These were so funny, especially the one about the bank robbery. I guess that's one way to get rid of your spouse.

 
At 13/8/08 23:29, Blogger storyteller said...

Thanks for the ‘humor’ today … enjoyed the daffynshunz too ;--)
Hugs and blessings,

 
At 14/8/08 02:11, Blogger Pamela said...

those were some of the best I've ever read (thats "heard" without an h)

I'm going to make a copy for my desk at work. Say one once in awhile and appear very intelligent and witty.

 
At 14/8/08 03:38, Anonymous Anonymous said...

oohh thats a terrible one hehehehehe

 
At 14/8/08 08:45, Blogger bichonpawz said...

Always great, Chris! Always great....

 
At 14/8/08 10:02, Blogger Merle said...

Dear Chris ~~ Sorry about us both posting the same joke, but we have different readers, so it doesn't matter. Just one warning, Don't go
to the bank with Embee!!! Just in case. Take care, Love to you both, Merle.

 
At 14/8/08 13:13, Blogger karisma said...

Oh I also love the wrinkles one! I have big eye smile wrinkles too!

 
At 14/8/08 15:04, Blogger Molly said...

Very funny Chris,
Yes,tomorrow is a labor-saving device both humorously and seriously.

 
At 15/8/08 12:42, Blogger kitten said...

LOL! I love the Definitions also!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home