Monday, August 04, 2008

Fun Monday #77 Wordly Wise!


Mothers of Brothers brings us the wise words for our topic this week they say...........
Wordly Wise

Words are our building blocks, our stepping stones, and, for many of us, our salvation. We string them together so quickly at times, we often lose sight of how precious they are. So tell us about your favorite word… or if you can’t pick just one, tell us about a few. Are there certain words that feel good the way they roll of your tongue? Do some words make you feel smart? Or silly? Or happy? Which words do you find yourself selecting to put in your posts? Since this response could be a short one, feel free to poll your family and friends and include some of their favorite words as well. If you think a definition is required, please share one. Please keep the words rated G for all audiences. Any language is acceptable, but please provide a translation. And stick to real words as opposed to ones made up along the way. We then challenge everyone to visit the posts on Monday and try to use other bloggers’ favorite words in your blog next week. We can’t wait to expand our vocabulary!

I don't think Emily and Jennifer will be too impressed with me because I'm bending the rules, let's call it being creative so here goes:

My word is FAMILY where would I be without them! Family is the reason I started this blog, I mention family often and I am forever showing you photos of my family (some not approved by family members!). I am never happier than when I am in the company of my family, as some of you will know I have Beccy & her family here at the moment. Today they have gone to Alton Towers and won't be back until quite late. I'm keeping my finger crossed the family have decent weather for their trip. The other member of my family, Sam, lives across the pond but she is always in our thoughts so I leave you with this recent Family photo that I took in Portugal when all the family were together......
I'm looking forward to learning a lot of new words when I come visiting!

Archives:
2007: Jet boat Niagara + Fun Mon I'm hosting next week

Labels: , , ,

28 Comments:

At 4/8/08 11:06, Blogger Aoj and The Lurchers said...

Family is a good word!

 
At 4/8/08 12:51, Blogger SwampAngel65 said...

Family is one of the nicest words you could've chosen. And it doesn't surprise me at all that you chose it!

 
At 4/8/08 13:27, Anonymous Anonymous said...

We are extremely impressed. How could we not be? When you call someone family (even when they are not blood related) you are instlling the highest compliment and offering the most committed sense of security you could ever bestow on another person.

Way to go!

 
At 4/8/08 13:45, Blogger Irish Coffeehouse said...

Bending the rules, being creative or not, I think it's a great word and post! :)

 
At 4/8/08 13:49, Blogger Molly said...

Family is the perfect word for you, and you have introduced us to yours.

 
At 4/8/08 14:42, Blogger the planet of janet said...

excellent choice.

and a beautiful photo!

 
At 4/8/08 15:35, Blogger Jan said...

Family is a great choice. I always love the photos of your family.

 
At 4/8/08 15:37, Blogger Kaytabug said...

Awww I love this post!!

 
At 4/8/08 16:05, Blogger Pamela said...

a word that can make you the happiest or the saddest. A great choice.

 
At 4/8/08 16:27, Blogger Sauntering Soul said...

This was a very fitting word for you to choose!

 
At 4/8/08 17:54, Anonymous Anonymous said...

family is a fabulous word and one that is dear to my heart.

 
At 4/8/08 18:23, Blogger Ari_1965 said...

I prefer dogs. You can put them in their kennels when they annoy you.

 
At 4/8/08 19:31, Blogger storyteller said...

Family is an excellent choice! Well done ;--)
Hugs and blessings,

 
At 4/8/08 19:48, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Family! Nice word! Well done supergran!

 
At 4/8/08 19:57, Blogger Alison said...

great word Chris!! I totally agree with you!!

 
At 4/8/08 21:40, Blogger Tiggerlane said...

Heck, Swampy breaks the rules every week! You're allowed! And FAMILY is the best word ever!

 
At 4/8/08 21:41, Blogger Robocop said...

Family is a good word. I supports alot of other words. You work to support your family. You love your family. People want to start a family. The list goes on and on.

 
At 5/8/08 00:00, Blogger Beccy said...

ari_1965, mum certainly put me in the 'dog house' a few times when I was younger!

 
At 5/8/08 00:03, Blogger Faye said...

I know you brought back wonderful memories of your family holiday in Portugal. Something tells me you put a lot of work and love into keeping your family connected. And, you're rewarded for your efforts.

 
At 5/8/08 00:19, Blogger amanda said...

I'm not at all surprised by your choice of words! (But am secretly giggling at ari_1965's comment!)

 
At 5/8/08 01:52, Blogger Sandy said...

Terrific word, Chris, and one I think of when I think of y'all. Of course, I now have Sly and the Family Stone singing inside my brain...lol.

 
At 5/8/08 02:12, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Family is such a great word, hope they had fun at Alton Towers.

 
At 5/8/08 03:41, Blogger Big Momma said...

Your family is sooo cute. Would you consider adopting me?

 
At 5/8/08 03:55, Blogger kitten said...

I have a award/ meme for you at my blog.

 
At 5/8/08 07:09, Blogger Unknown said...

I should not have been surprised at your word! I love that your family is so close. :)

 
At 5/8/08 09:58, Blogger Wystful1 said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

 
At 5/8/08 09:58, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Chris!! I do love the photo you shared. What a glorious time had, right? There IS nothing better than family, I do so agree.

Thanks for the stop over and leaving a comment.

I'm here on Tuesday, but hope your Monday was a good one, and hope the rest of the week is great!!

 
At 5/8/08 11:20, Blogger sallywrites said...

Good word Chris...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home