Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Fishworks Café Bath

You could be forgiven for thinking that this little café looks a bit on the shabby side from the outward appearance. However, if you are looking to eat delicious good quality fresh fish this is the place to visit. At Fishworks Seafood Café you can watch your shellfish being prepared at the fishmonger’s counter, and see all the fresh fish laid out. The specials change daily, and everything is cooked to order which does mean you need to give yourself plenty of time to enjoy your meal. You can see from the photos below we did just that!


Remember this post from a couple of days ago when I asked you to name the fish, you came up with some good ideas. I would call him Mick (I'm sure I don't need to tell you why!) and he is a Gurnard. John and Debs clearly know know their fish, so well done to them.
These are sold as meals for two, and we had a choice of Monkfish, Brill or the Gunard. Beccy and I decided to share the Gurnard, and then realised we had actually tried this fish at Rick Stein's fish and chip shop in Padstow.
It did look quite big and we worried that we wouldn't be able to eat it all! However, when cooked it was not as much as we anticipated. It was a very light fish and we both commented that we did not feel stuffed. We had spinach and new potatoes with it. It was cooked to perfection and we agreed it was a delicious meal. Ben was not so convinced, as of course his fish fingers were not what he is used to! They were certainly the best FF I've ever tasted.

I've talked a lot about fish lately, you'll begin to think we don't eat meat but I assure you we do!


Archives:
2007: What me clumsy-never

Labels: , , ,

17 Comments:

At 29/7/08 12:46, Blogger Beccy said...

I enjoyed that meal so much, I think Gurnard might be my favourite fish.

 
At 29/7/08 12:49, Blogger willowtree said...

In case you don't know background, they are called Gurnards because they are far gurnard to catch ;)

 
At 29/7/08 14:18, Blogger Frannie said...

now I'm really hungry!!

 
At 29/7/08 14:40, Blogger kitten said...

Looks like you had a wonderful time!
I would like to invite you to my give away.
http://kittens-homeschool.blogspot.com/2008/07/bloggers-give-away-come-join-fun.html

 
At 29/7/08 16:03, Blogger Anvilcloud said...

In a pinch I could eat a fish with the head still attached, but only in an extreme situation.

 
At 29/7/08 17:40, Blogger Sam said...

you all look like you are having a lot of fun. I remember peering into that fish place last time we were in Bath

 
At 29/7/08 18:11, Blogger Unknown said...

Lovely pics Chris! Has Beccy retired from blogging?

 
At 29/7/08 18:34, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I couldn't eat that fish....it still has it's head!!

 
At 29/7/08 19:48, Blogger Rachel (Crazy-Is) said...

I had no clue what kind of fish that was. I'm sure that you guys have completely different species of fish than we do in the States.

 
At 29/7/08 20:57, Blogger ChrisB said...

beccy I agree

WT very droll

giants fan we could have made it enough for three!

kitten have been over!

AC we managed fine I turned the head towards embee!

sam you would love the fish we must go there next time you are over!

john beccy seems to have other priorities at the moment. She might end up doing the odd post I'm not sure!

jettie you could always cover the head!!

rachel there are different species of gurnard, I know there are red ones but not sure where they can be found!

 
At 30/7/08 02:23, Blogger Unknown said...

I don't do fish but I love that you have so much quality time with your family!

 
At 30/7/08 02:33, Blogger Pamela said...

ha ha ha ha.. .oh WT is so ON!
took me a second.

If the fish is mild - I might eat it. I just hate fishy fish (So I guess how else could a fish taste)

 
At 30/7/08 02:34, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Fish isn't meat?

Do we know who is hosting Mon Funday next week?
I'm going to be FORCED to not follow the rules if no one has volunteered yet.

 
At 30/7/08 02:51, Blogger SwampAngel65 said...

You all look so happy! I love small places like that, but um...I think I'd pass on that fish! I'm picky and only eat fish when I've caught it or know for a fact it was caught that day.

Catch ya on Plurk ;)

 
At 30/7/08 04:34, Blogger Alison said...

I have never even heard of that fish before....it did look delicious after it was cooked!!

 
At 30/7/08 08:32, Blogger Steffi said...

It´s so nice to see you and your family!
Your meal looks delicious!Greetings to Beccy!

 
At 4/8/08 19:48, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hi supergran

 

Post a Comment

<< Home