Monday, July 14, 2008

Fun Monday # 74 Birthday Celebration


Penny @ Dungarees Ablazing is our hostess this week and this is our task....

As of late I have been consumed with preparation for my Father’s aka “The Old One” Birthday, he will be turning 90 on August 8th and we are doing a family reunion, expecting about 100 people in all. So for your assignment lets hear about your favorite “Birthday”, it needn’t be your actual birthday just a "birthday" celebration. You can use one you planned, one you attended, one you crashed, just a fun time for this FUN MONDAY’S assignment, and of course you can use one of your very own Birthdays.

It was quite difficult choosing which birthday to share with you. We have had a few memorable family birthdays over the years but I decided to opt for this one which took place way back in 1997..........the main reason I chose this birthday is because Embee had no idea Beccy Joules, and the children were coming over from Dublin. I'm really good at keeping a secret...we arranged that they would get a taxi from the airport and come to the back gate. You can imagine Embee's surprise when he opened the gate. I think it can be said it is probably one of his best birthdays ever!
Dillon (now 15), but who was 4 at the time made the poster with the help of Sam
Embee's birthday falls in August and he is usually blessed with fine weather which does mean we can celebrate outside. The photos have not reproduced too well~ I didn't have a digital camera back then!
Here are my two nieces, the husband of one and one of their daughters who is now a young lady also aged 15~ where does the time go! Anyone who has read my blog for a long time will remember Angel (the Dalmatian who has stayed with us a couple of times) she belongs to the niece on the right of the picture.

In the picture below the guy you can just about see on the left of the picture, is a neighbour who lives across the main road from us (I did a post about his trees!). Well he brought his guitar and entertained us with his singing, which was a lovely way to end the evening.

Before my darling daughters say I should not have posted photos without their approval, I'll apologise in advance!

This is my mother with her best friend who takes her out once a week and always comes to visit her on a Saturday. She is the same age as mum and is still driving~now that would make a good blog but maybe I shouldn't give away their secrets!! My brother is also in this picture.
I don't need to tell you who these are~ suffice to say they are my favourite people :)

There has to be a birthday cake and my sister-in-law made this one (Emebee doing what he does best!!) Below he had a little help to cut it!

Today is Bastille Day and it is also Fred's (Sam's partner) birthday. If you are wondering the significance of the day~ Fred is French and it is a big day of celebration.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY FRED HAVE A GREAT DAY



Well that's me done I'll soon be over to join in your party :)

Archives:
2007: Show us your apron + Happy Birthday Fred

Labels: , , , ,

35 Comments:

At 14/7/08 10:08, Blogger karisma said...

What lovely memories! I love family gatherings like that. We had one like that about 8 years ago for my grandma (who shares her birthday with my third daughter). It was great to catch up with our very large extended family.

A big happy birthday to Fred too!

 
At 14/7/08 10:22, Blogger Dea said...

That looks like a fantastic celebration. Wow!

 
At 14/7/08 11:48, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Penny, Please wish your Dad Happy Birthday from me when it comes - it is on the same day as mine. And for those stubents of numerology what a treat Nine on the day of the perfect cube repeated three times. It will be a good day I hope. And yes that was a fabulous surprize for me.

 
At 14/7/08 12:15, Blogger Hootin Anni said...

Awwwwwwwwww, this is one sweet story, and one great 60th party! I love surprises like this. Excellent Fun Monday birthday.

 
At 14/7/08 12:24, Blogger SwampAngel65 said...

That looks like it was a wonderful surprise and a great birthday party!

Happy Birthday to Fred!

 
At 14/7/08 12:37, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a great surprise and lovely pictures. The cake and poster were great.

Happy B-day to Fred.

 
At 14/7/08 13:38, Blogger Irish Coffeehouse said...

Very awesome 60th for Embee indeed! :)

 
At 14/7/08 14:19, Blogger Driftwood and Pumpkin said...

Fantastic memories! Sounds like he had one heck of a birthday. Way back in '97...you crack me up!

 
At 14/7/08 14:55, Blogger Alison said...

I love surprises also!! Looks like that was a wonderful celebration, and that cake is incredible, your sister is very talented!!

Happy Birthday Fred!!

 
At 14/7/08 15:08, Blogger Beccy said...

I keep forgetting I went through a blond stage!

 
At 14/7/08 15:15, Blogger Jan said...

I wish I could have seen Embee's face when they walked thru the gate. It looks like a wonderful party, with a great time had by all.

 
At 14/7/08 15:55, Blogger Jo Beaufoix said...

Wow, that looks like a great day and the pictures are wonderful. :D

 
At 14/7/08 15:57, Blogger Sayre said...

I'll bet the look on Embee's face when family started popping up was wonderful!

 
At 14/7/08 16:00, Blogger Sam said...

MOTHER. you are in trouble

 
At 14/7/08 16:38, Blogger storyteller said...

What fun to see these delightful family photos of these memorable birthday celebrations! In my family birthdays have never been much of a big deal. Here’s wishing Fred a happy day! Thanks for sharing your family celebrations today ;--)
Hugs and blessings,

 
At 14/7/08 16:53, Blogger Betty said...

That looks like a very special birthday with lots of family and good food. I'll bet that is one birthday he won't forget.

 
At 14/7/08 17:41, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hmmm...I just posted but I don't know where it went!

What a perfectly wonderful suprise for Embee. It looks as though he really enjoyed his big day.

 
At 14/7/08 18:17, Blogger Heather said...

what a wonderful surprise! I bet that was a great party!

 
At 14/7/08 19:57, Blogger Molly said...

That does look like a wonderful party and a fabulous cake. And, you have pictures to share too.

Happy Birthday to Fred, Viva la France.

 
At 14/7/08 21:13, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Did anyone have digital in '97?? It looks like a wonderful choice given such a family celebration (and surprise).

I know it must've taken quite a bit of work to pull all this together, especially keeping such big secrets...but VERY worth the effort.

Happiest of birthdays to Fred, too!

:)

 
At 15/7/08 00:52, Blogger Peter said...

A great story of a great birthday surprise Chris.

 
At 15/7/08 01:38, Blogger Hula Girl at Heart said...

What a celebration! I love a great surprise.

 
At 15/7/08 02:58, Blogger Unknown said...

Happy birthday Fred!

I love Embee's cake! Sounds like a perfect birthday! I love how you all still get together so often and don't let the miles keep you apart!

 
At 15/7/08 03:00, Blogger IamwhoIam said...

Well Looks as if you had a full house. With friends and family. And I understand theat Daddy boy share a Birthday with E.

Thanks for sharing

 
At 15/7/08 04:59, Blogger Ari_1965 said...

Handsome guy there.

 
At 15/7/08 05:23, Blogger my4kids said...

I'm sure that was a great surprise to have them show up without him knowing! Looks like fun for everyone!

 
At 15/7/08 05:33, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wonderful post :)

 
At 15/7/08 07:11, Blogger bichonpawz said...

I hear you!! Where does the time go???? Why does everyone ELSE get older and we stay the same....LOL Looks like Embee had a terrific time!! What a wonderful surprise!

 
At 15/7/08 07:28, Blogger la bellina mammina said...

Great photos! And what a wonderful surprise for Embee. Tomorrow is GAP's mom's 75th birthday and he is surprising her with his presence!

 
At 15/7/08 09:18, Blogger Steffi said...

What lovely memories! You has a very nice family,Chris!
Happy birthday to Fred too!

 
At 15/7/08 20:26, Blogger Gattina said...

That was really a great birthday celebration !

 
At 15/7/08 23:13, Blogger ChrisB said...

THANK YOU EVERYONE FOR STOPPING BY AND LEAVING ME LOVELY COMMENTS X including my daughter's (sam) I'm always in trouble!

 
At 16/7/08 00:13, Anonymous Anonymous said...

How lovely, I loved the 60th birthday cake!!

 
At 16/7/08 01:03, Blogger Pamela said...

we had a big surprise bash for my husband on his 50th

Not everyone could make it -- but I remember it was fun (I hate surprise birthday parties for myself, but how great they are for someone else

 
At 17/7/08 17:18, Blogger ~ej said...

what a fantastic party!! i love all the photos and what a nice looking cake :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home