Sunday, July 06, 2008

Meme

While I was away I got tagged by swampangel over @ A Florida Journal

So this is the task:

1. Pick up the nearest book.
2. Open to page 123
3. Find the 5th sentence
4. Post the next three sentences
5. Tag five people, and acknowledge who tagged you.

Soooo...from the book I have just started to read......

On page 123 of this book there are very few sentences so you are getting the whole page as it is written......

TWO QUESTIONS
Would the gates shut behind her?
or would they have the goodwill to let her black out?

As Liesel would discover, a good thief requires many things.
Stealth. Nerve. Speed.
More important than any of those things, however,was one final requirement.
Luck.

Actually.
Forgot the ten minutes.
The gates open now.

And what is the title of this book......
It's Marcus Zusak's The Book Thief... It has, as I'm sure many of you will know, had very good reviews. Beccy, who passed the book on to me, enjoyed it so I'm sure that I will. I only started it yesterday so am just getting into the story.......

Now I wonder who might like to do this meme!

I have seen it around for a while so I could be tagging someone who has already done it and I haven't checked!!

Beccy reads a lot and this could be an easy post for her but I don't know if she will take up the challenge

Julie @Abbilyeverafter
Daffy @Approaching 40
Alison @RDH Mom
John @ life in the pub
Elena jane who might do this under a pink umbrella~ you shouldn't have said you rarely get tagged!!

No pressure and only do it if you feel inclined.......I won't be crossing you off my Christmas card list if you ignore the challenge!

Labels: ,

12 Comments:

At 6/7/08 12:46, Blogger SwampAngel65 said...

Thanks for doing this meme, Chris. I've never seen a book with so few words on a page before! Interesting, and I'll have to check my local library for a copy. When you're done with it, you'll have to let us all know if you liked it or not!

(BTW, I am drooling over your vacation photos!!!)

 
At 6/7/08 15:33, Blogger infredible said...

I am reading this book at the moment too (Beccy sent it me for my birthday). I am quite a way beyond page 123. I am really really enjoying it.

 
At 6/7/08 15:43, Blogger infredible said...

Your page 123 of The Book Thief is different to mine. Mine says:

meinkampf
featuring:
the way home-a broken woman-a struggler-a juggler-the attributes of summer-an aryan shopkeeper-a snorer-two tricksters-and revenge in the shape of mixed candy

 
At 6/7/08 15:56, Blogger ChrisB said...

sam that's really weird about page 123 must be different versions. Mine came from Beccy it's a paperback version!

 
At 6/7/08 17:56, Blogger Unknown said...

Thanks for the tag Chris, but I don't think a tutorial about my camera(in French) would make good reading!

 
At 6/7/08 19:17, Blogger Steffi said...

Hi Chris... you got an award at my blog.... ;O))

 
At 6/7/08 21:30, Blogger Grand Life said...

I've already done the challenge but I've just started reading "The Book Thief also. My daughter-in-law recommended it. Unfortunately, I'm also reading 3 other books also. So many books-so little--well you know how it goes. We did miss you. Your vacation looks wonderful. Welcome back and get rested up. It has taken me longer as each year passes to recover from "vacations".
Judy

 
At 7/7/08 00:13, Blogger karisma said...

Oh I remember doing this one last year some time. Interesting to see what comes up.

 
At 7/7/08 03:04, Blogger ~ej said...

ahh thanks, i love this one...and i do love being tagged :-)

 
At 7/7/08 06:45, Anonymous Anonymous said...

A book ? A book with 123 pages? I can't remember the last time I had a book in my hands other than one with very large pictures and very few words.
I think that will be a goal for me this week. To read a book. Thanks.

 
At 7/7/08 13:18, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Enjoy! Let me know what you think.

 
At 8/7/08 20:53, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm done missus! :o)
Lovely to have you back, your pics look amazing. Two weeks today and I'm off to Croatia! Woooooot

 

Post a Comment

<< Home