Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Baked Salmon en Papillote or my version of Salmon Parcels

Looking through the cookery book Sam gave me for Christmas I came across this recipe for 'Baked Salmon en Papillote' this recipe was not dissimilar to one that had been in a Sunday supplement about a year ago for Chicken parcels. So using these recipes as a guide for cooking times, I decided that I would make my own version which is something I rarely do as I am a follow the recipe and you can't go wrong type of cook (and despite this is still does).

The vegetables I used are potatoes, turnips, courgettes and carrots. All chopped into small sticks and into boiling water for 5 mins before draining and placing on the baking parchment (I used greaseproof paper; this needs to be large enough to make the parcel). I skinned the salmon and added lime juice, seasoning and some olive oil brushed over the salmon.


The paper is then folded exactly like a parcel and the joined ends are placed down onto the baking tray to keep secured. Bake in oven 180c (fan) approx 30 mins. I think for fish this was slightly too long so next time I will probably try around 20mins.
You can serve in the parcel and allow individuals to open the parcel when turned up the other way the fish will be on top of the vegetables.


This is the end result a simple healthy meal which I garnished with parsley before serving. Verdict 'clean plates' so draw you own conclusion.

Labels: , , ,

12 Comments:

At 16/1/07 21:17, Blogger Sam said...

but did you like it?

 
At 16/1/07 22:03, Blogger ChrisB said...

Sam yes very much so. There were two clean plates.

 
At 17/1/07 00:48, Blogger Barbara said...

I must try this some day. It looks easy and no pots and pans to clean.

 
At 17/1/07 07:56, Blogger ChrisB said...

Barbara the most tedious part is chopping the veg. but having little washing up is definately a bonus. Now what else can I cook this way!!

 
At 17/1/07 08:15, Blogger Beccy said...

In the recipe from the supplements there was also a sausage version, I've never tried it but Dad would like it.

 
At 17/1/07 08:25, Blogger ChrisB said...

Beccy I thought that as well so I do have that in mind for the future.

 
At 17/1/07 14:29, Blogger FH said...

Mmmm...!!!! Looks great Chris!So transparent,I can see the goodies inside!!

 
At 17/1/07 15:27, Blogger Sam said...

i cant imagine sausage done this way. sausage needs to be baked so it goes all sticky on the outside

 
At 17/1/07 17:00, Blogger ChrisB said...

Asha it works well its really another version of steaming.

Sam you fry cocktail sausages first. I don't know how it would work but its worth giving it a go. I shall experiment on dad!

 
At 18/1/07 00:11, Blogger sallywrites said...

Looks delicious! But at the moment, as you know, I'm on my diet!!!

Sally :)

 
At 18/1/07 00:13, Blogger sallywrites said...

So as such it could be a good recipe to use! Thank you!

S

 
At 18/1/07 09:23, Blogger ChrisB said...

Sally absolutely, very good recipe for healthy eating (I won't say diet)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home