Tuesday, November 14, 2006

Dining a la O'Sullivan

I was delighted to find that my son-in-law, Joules had set me up a file on their computer so that I can easily post my blog. I think they thought I might get withdrawal symptoms!! So although I may not post every day I am sure there will be plenty to write about.

The journey was uneventful and I arrived in Dublin safely and on time. For once the baggage reclaim was very quick and I took the Aircoach to Leopardstown (home of the famous Irish Racecourse) where Beccy and Ben picked me up and took me home for a family dinner. There was a wonderful aroma of baked bread as we opened the door. Beccy had tried the recipe recommended by June at bread, water, salt and oil. Everyone loved it, particularly Dillon who had been sampling it before we arrived. Having had a piece toasted for breakfast today I agree it does make delicious toast as well. I think this is going to be a daily bake from now on, there are two being prepared as I type.

We enjoyed roast chicken and all the trimmings followed by a delicious pavlova washed down with a bottle of something fizzy. Beccy makes a superb Pavlova and she was trying a new filling which she was told was from a New Zealand recipe. This was layers of lemon curd, cream and pomegranate and it was delicious. Barbara if you read this you might be able to let us know if it originated from NZ.

Labels:

6 Comments:

At 15/11/06 18:46, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Its not fair. Love

 
At 15/11/06 19:00, Blogger Sam said...

dad I agree. Hmmph.

 
At 15/11/06 19:19, Blogger Barbara said...

I don't know the recipe you refer to but it sounds like it would be delicious. the sweetness of the meringue balanced with the sour of the lemon and pomegranate.
There has been a raging debate for years as to wether the pavlova came from NZ or Australia. Here's a post I wrote about it.
http://winosandfoodies.typepad.com/my_weblog/2005/12/pavlova.html#

 
At 15/11/06 21:34, Blogger Beccy said...

Very Interesting Barbara, I didn't realise Pavlova's originated from your part of the world, I assumed it was the topping combination that was kiwi.

Read your post, my Pavlovas are always beige whereas my meringues are white, I thought this was normal and due to the vingar (I use raspberry vinegar).

I wouldn't let Mum take a photo because I was running late and threw the pomegranate on top in a bit of a mess. I guess I'll have to make it again!

 
At 16/11/06 23:46, Blogger Sam said...

ps do you know what joules and I did on that racecourse once, mum?

 
At 20/11/06 16:23, Blogger ChrisB said...

Sam I don't recall so you will have to remind me if its something the children can read !!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home