Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Sam's Toulouse Sausage, Bacon and Green lentils


I may not be a good cook but I can follow a recipe. So when Sam posted this yummy looking recipe last week I knew I had to give it a try, particularly as sausages are one of my hubby's favourite foods. Now we don't have a Fatted Calf so I had to make do with what the supermarket could offer, which I'm sure is an inferior Toulouse sausage but Mike won't know the difference.

Last night when I asked him for red wine for cooking (I wouldn't dare to raid the cellar as I would probably choose some special vintage he has hidden away) he went out and bought me a small bottle, it was just about the right amount.

It's an easy recipe and I think the end result looks something akin to Sam's and I can vouch that it tasted good having sampled just a soupcon for my lunch. I will now have to wait for the verdict from Mike!!

Labels:

12 Comments:

At 7/11/06 16:05, Blogger Sam said...

dear mum - I do love you.
I am so proud you made my recipe.
It looks good!

 
At 7/11/06 16:36, Blogger ChrisB said...

Sam Not sure I am keen on washing all the pans afterwards. I used up the last of my home grown toms had just enough. Beccy is also going to give it a try.

 
At 7/11/06 21:29, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love her too Sam and I get to have some more to-morrow. I was very good and I enjoyed it - inferior sausages or not.

 
At 7/11/06 22:11, Blogger ChrisB said...

Mike glad you enjoyed it

 
At 7/11/06 22:50, Blogger Beccy said...

Hey very impressive Mum, I like the photo too obviously taking it outside works!

 
At 7/11/06 22:54, Blogger ChrisB said...

I took this photo in the sitting room near a window where there was more light.

 
At 8/11/06 01:45, Blogger Barbara said...

If I could get my husband to eat lentils I would make this.

 
At 8/11/06 07:56, Blogger ChrisB said...

Barbara I have never been a massive fan of lentils but these organic green were good- or maybe it was just the whole combination of tastes. Give it a try he might discover he does like them.

 
At 8/11/06 10:28, Blogger Nigel Olsen said...

You know, I look at this & wonder why I bothered with lamb tails...it looks splendid! Warming & nutritious - mmm!

 
At 8/11/06 12:21, Blogger ChrisB said...

Nigel thank you I think this will be on the menu again sometime soon.

 
At 8/11/06 18:08, Blogger FH said...

Looks delicious, what a combo! YUM!!

 
At 8/11/06 18:34, Blogger ChrisB said...

Asha I think Mike (hubby) agrees with you he was back for more tonight

 

Post a Comment

<< Home