Friday, May 04, 2012

Diamond Jubilee

Back in the new year the Daily Mail was offering readers the chance to celebrate the Queen's Diamond Jubilee by planting a tree. (I can't remember how many thousands of trees the paper was sponsoring but it was quite a large number) I thought this was a brilliant idea as not only were they helping the environment but at the same time you could dedicate a tree to someone special. The Woodland Trust were planting forests in various parts of the UK (one area being named as the Daily Mail Wood).  I collected the tokens sent off the application and waited to see if I was chosen. Today I got this certificate in the post so there is a tree dedicated to my mother at a place called Normanton le Heath, in Leicestershire. I will now have to do a little research to find out exactly where this is located. Embee said "we'll go and look for it'! The certificate no is 5856 that seems like a lot of trees to me!!! Wonder if we would find it -I guess the number will be on the tree!!
Diamond Jubilee Celebration




Labels: , ,

7 Comments:

At 6/5/12 11:45, Blogger ChrisB said...

Just testing the comment link.

 
At 6/5/12 11:47, Blogger ChrisB said...

For some reason Beccy couldn't leave her comment yesterday so I'm copying what she said to me on FB

Granny would have loved to have a tree named after her. Wouldn't it be nice if bluebells grew around it.

I definitely think you should go visit the woods.

 
At 7/5/12 00:20, Blogger Anvilcloud said...

That's neat. I hope you can track it down someday.

 
At 7/5/12 10:58, Blogger ChrisB said...

AC the trees will be planted over the next winter so it will be sometime before a visit will be possible!

 
At 14/5/12 23:14, Anonymous Karmyn R said...

What a great idea!

 
At 3/6/12 00:25, Blogger Barbara said...

This is lovely Chris. I hope you find the tree.

 
At 3/6/12 10:31, Blogger ChrisB said...

Karmyn and Barbara just knowing it will be growing is rather comforting.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home