Sunday, August 24, 2008

Thought for Today

My mother wanted me to share this and it does seem quite apt as it is Sunday:

TODAY
(Author Unknown)

LORD, for tomorrow and its needs
I do not pray,
Keep me,my God, from stain of sin
Just for today.
Let me both diligently work and duly pray;
Let me be kind in word and deed
Just for today.
Let me be slow to do my will
Swift to obey;
Keep me in Thy loving care
Just for today.
Let me do no wrong or idle word
Unthinkingly say;
Set Thou a seal upon my lips
Just for today.
Let me in season, Lord, be grave,
In season gay:
Let me faithful to Thy grace,
And if today, my tide of life
Shall ebb away
Grant me dear Lord,
Thy sacrament Divine.
So, for tomorrow and its needs
I do not pray
O, keep me, guide me, love me Lord
...Just for today.

You may not believe in God but there are still some wise sentiment expressed in these words.


Archives:
2007: What does your eye see

Labels: ,

9 Comments:

At 24/8/08 12:31, Anonymous Anonymous said...

"Set Thou a seal upon my lips"... really hit home with me.

I am headed to the garage for some duct (duck) tape just in case she's/he's not listening at the moment.

 
At 24/8/08 14:52, Blogger SwampAngel65 said...

What Swampy said! Hey, Swmapy, send some of the duct tape my way, too, please!

Chris, that's a beautiful poem. I will keep it in mind today. (I may copy it and print it up and stick it at work by my desk to remind me to be good!)

 
At 24/8/08 19:34, Blogger kitten said...

Thank you for sharing! I really needed that!

 
At 24/8/08 20:06, Blogger Sam said...

please tell granny I love her not just for today, but for every day. xxx

 
At 24/8/08 23:38, Blogger Beccy said...

The same goes for me

 
At 24/8/08 23:57, Blogger storyteller said...

Thanks to you and your mother. This is a perfect post for today and I'm glad I happened by.
Hugs and blessings,

 
At 25/8/08 05:38, Blogger Betty said...

That is beautiful, Chris, and thank you for sharing it. Reminds me of the saying that goes like this ---


"Live One Day At A Time"

 
At 25/8/08 05:47, Blogger Pamela said...

fits right in with something we were talking about on Thursday night with some friends - about our mouths being like a gate. Sometimes we need to keep it closed (:

Tell "mom" it was perfect and I, too, needed to read it and post it on my bathroom mirror

 
At 25/8/08 06:47, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love it!!! beautiful poem to always remember!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home