Sunday, August 26, 2007

Eveything happens in threes!!!!

Why is embee still working when he is way past the age most people have retired. Well I think, secretly, he quite enjoys it and he knows if he was at home he would have to start working on my list of things to do!! But most importantly we still have some security that when things go wrong we do have some income besides our pensions. But why does everything have to happen in threes!! In the last three weeks....
We have had to replace an iron that had burnt out and we now have this Breville which has a ceramic soleplate and a supreme steam. Doesn't seem that much different to the old one with a stainless steel plate (probably a marketing ploy for suckers like me). I don't even do a lot of ironing so hopefully should last me out!!
A washing machine that was leaking and we got this Siemans. I am delighted with it as it has a bigger drum capacity than the old machine, the wash takes less time and it has a better spin. Now I wonder if I could take in washing!!!
The third item is a television. We have a TV in the dining room as well as the sitting room. This prevents major battles as Embee is a channel hopper and he watches a lot of sport need I say more!! The TV in the dining room lost its colour a long time ago but because Embee is colour blind it didn't bother him too much. However we knew that we would need to replace our main TV as within the next couple of years analogue is being replaced by digital. So we decided sooner rather than later and we had this 40 inch Sony Bravia installed yesterday. My eyes are still adjusting to the large screen and Embee is adjusting to colour; as I write this I can see him happily channel hopping!! Now you would think this was the end of our problems but unfortunately we now need to upgrade our TV ariel why does one thing always lead to another!!

Have a peaceful Sunday... I'm off to load the washing machine!!

Labels:

15 Comments:

At 26/8/07 10:31, Blogger katy said...

its Murphy's Law, at least the three are up then! my last three were iron, tumbler and vacuum cleaner. now he washer is on its last legs and i like the look of you new one so off to have a look at new washers thanks.
have a lovely sunday too

 
At 26/8/07 10:50, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Let me get this straight, you're letting the colour blind guy adjust the colour on the new TV!?

 
At 26/8/07 14:21, Blogger la bellina mammina said...

LOL! I wonder, just like Willowtree!!

 
At 26/8/07 14:47, Blogger frannie said...

my husband is a nut about tv's --

I think we have something like 8 of them.

 
At 26/8/07 15:31, Blogger ChrisB said...

her in doors I'd say 'sod's' law but pretty much same as murphy's!!

WT haha goodness knows what colour the picture would be like if embee adjusted it!!

la bellina mammina embee is now wondering if he preferred B&W to colour!!!

frannie we actually have 6 including my mum's two + 1 old set and one sam left here (just returned by a neighbour who borrowed it for a couple of years).

 
At 26/8/07 15:46, Blogger BS said...

My washing machine has decided to spew grease during the spin cycle - do I keep ruining clothes or buy a new one? New clothes would be nice but replacing it would be a less expensive option. Am not looking forward to #2 and #3 because they are bound to show up soon.

 
At 26/8/07 15:53, Blogger ChrisB said...

BS hope you are luckier than me :)

 
At 26/8/07 15:56, Blogger Beccy said...

Yo have six for three people we have two for five!

 
At 26/8/07 17:32, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The televisions are getting switched here too in a few years - and I am kind of upset about it - because my tv works perfectly well and I'm sure it would still be working in 2 years too - but they are going to FORCE me to buy a new one. I'm bummed about this.

 
At 26/8/07 22:21, Blogger Barbara said...

We have a Sony Bravia too. Boys toys, but I do love it. My son also has a projector. For movies and All Black rugby games we project it on the wall and almost like being there.

 
At 26/8/07 22:30, Blogger Unknown said...

I hope your machine operates faster than the ones in France!

 
At 27/8/07 00:09, Blogger Anvilcloud said...

We still make do with our little, old tv's, but going bigger would be nice.

 
At 27/8/07 06:15, Anonymous Anonymous said...

We have a smilar TV, and when we first got it I had to watch from the door because my eyes needed to adjust! WT's comments always make me *giggle*.

 
At 27/8/07 20:09, Anonymous Anonymous said...

k i want that washing machine for real!!!

 
At 28/8/07 00:05, Blogger ChrisB said...

karmyn that's how I felt really but we needed to do it while embee is still working and the TV we have just thrown out was probably 17 yrs old.

barbara I am getting use dto it when I can drag myself away from the computer!

christine LOL at your comment because I know exactly what you mean :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home