Monday, June 25, 2007

Fun Monday# 22



We have a little Swampwitch hosting Fun Monday this week and this is the task she set us:

"So, Fun Monday's challenge for today June 25 is to post pictures of your bookshelves or stacks of books. Hopefully, we will be able to read some of the titles. If you want, while you're at it, post pictures of ANY shelves...shelves with toys, dishes, collections, Aunt Gertrude's ashes in an urn, etc. Also, post pictures of your garage, carport, or places where you store 'stuff.' (No cleaning first, but if you must, maybe this will be the motivation to do so.)"

I've cheated for half of this because I posted pictures of my clutter sometime back so although we have tidied up a lot little since then I'll just link to that post so that you can feel very smug because no one will have as much junk and muddle as we do and you may even choose NOT look at the link!!! here

As my little slide show proved popular last week I decided to do the same again. I have not tidied the shelves so you are getting as it was yesterday when I took the photos.

Dining room: The first bookcase mostly contains nursing, social work, health, books. The other unit has a set of encyclopedia , Kipling, travel, books on Bristol, also shelves of nicknacks and pictures. The other small bookcase is full of EmBee's books (and stuff). The recipe shelves have been in a previous Fun Monday post so won't dwell on those. Bookshelves in top bedroom include books not yet read. I have just given you a glimpse into Embee's study (far too full to use) shelves all around. You will see a bookcase of children's books some from when the girls were young plus others I have got for my grandchildren. I have one cupboard full of toys for them and although they have really grown too old for these, they still enjoy creating with stickle bricks and lego. In my sitting room I have an untidy cupboard of games,video and DVD's. Also in that room you will see figurines and paintings done by my grand children, on shelf units either side of the fire.
I'm tempted to watch a little Wimbledon but I think I'll go visiting your shelves instead see you soon!!

PS Now I have posted and viewed the slide show I did it smaller (it looked fine on my screen) but published it is not as clear as I would have liked- no time to change it!!

Labels: , , ,

32 Comments:

At 25/6/07 16:05, Blogger Beckie said...

I Love your slide shows and the music. Great shelves - your house looks so warm and welcoming.

Have a fun Monday!

 
At 25/6/07 16:20, Blogger Beccy said...

I see some of my books waiting for you to read on your shelves!

Like The Carpenters!

 
At 25/6/07 16:26, Blogger ChrisB said...

beccy I htought the music was apt as it was mon and raining!!

beckie you are too kind; if you had said it's a mess and needs sorting that would be nearer the mark!!

 
At 25/6/07 16:39, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are so talented with your little movies. Great idea!

 
At 25/6/07 18:46, Blogger Jodi said...

Once again... the slideshow is a hit!! You have an amazing collection of books... it doesn't look like you would have had to tidy up much as it is... very clean and organized!!

 
At 25/6/07 18:53, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I marveled at how neat and tidy all your books and shelves are kept. I hated you for a moment. Then, I clicked on the link to your mess. It makes me feel so much better! LOL I like you again! :D

 
At 25/6/07 19:57, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Now that was nifty way to do thing!!! cool.

nice shelves very nice collection!!

 
At 25/6/07 21:05, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great shelves, and great movie, again Chris!

 
At 25/6/07 21:52, Blogger MommaBoo said...

Your shelves remind me of my Grammy's. The Carpenters are my aunt Cathy's favorite group.

Thanks for reminding me of her!

Enjoyed seeing your "Fun Monday" slide show today.

Happy Monday

 
At 25/6/07 21:52, Blogger debi said...

I am so impressed with you post. What a great song choice. Oh yes, like the pictures too!

 
At 25/6/07 22:22, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love rainy days, not neccesarily Mondays, but I love the song!

I enjoyed your slideshow, you have a wonderful collection of books, and all your photos you have on your shelves, that's what I'd like to have one day!

 
At 25/6/07 23:32, Blogger ChrisB said...

nikki I was a bit disappointed with this one as its not as clear.

jodi We've certainly made a good start on the cellars over the last couple of weeks.

susan they're shameful but then so is the study I tell you there is hardly an inch of floor space!!

wolfbaby and lisa thank you

jenniboo the carpenters were a great favourite of ours back in the 70's when embee and I first met.

debi I felt the song fitted as it was raining here and it was monday!!

christine I do love my photos as I don't get to see the family that often

 
At 25/6/07 23:48, Blogger willowtree said...

I have mixed feelings about this post. My admiration for your flourishing media skills is tarnished by my jealousy.

That said, great post! I'm particularly impressed that out of respect for the background music you didn't show your pantry shelves.

 
At 26/6/07 01:19, Blogger Molly said...

Chris B, Your Fun Monday photos are always displayed so elegantly, and you did not disappoint us this time. Good work as usual.

 
At 26/6/07 02:37, Blogger theotherbear said...

I love your fun mondays.
I hope you don't mind if I do mine in video format next week! Hey, they do say the most sincere form of flattery is imitation...

 
At 26/6/07 02:51, Blogger Pamela said...

Karen Carpenter... one of my all time favorite singers.

I should have known you would have wonderful shelves....

I have toys for grandkids too.

 
At 26/6/07 03:46, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Boy, Elvis one Monday, followed by the Carpenters! What next?!

A really nice show. I'm beginning to think I need to get off of this computer and go read a good book!

 
At 26/6/07 04:11, Blogger Unknown said...

Everything looked neat and I'm trying to resist the urge to go look at your messy post. . . can I do it? Resist, that is. Oh, I guess I have to go look, then I have to finish reading my book.

 
At 26/6/07 04:30, Blogger my4kids said...

wow you have a lot of books and shelves....
and they are all so neat!

 
At 26/6/07 04:33, Blogger Sidetracked Home Executive said...

Oh I love your slide shows!! I also love your dresser with the blue and white plates - stunning.

 
At 26/6/07 05:27, Blogger bichonpawz said...

Really like your slideshows! Thank you for sharing!!

 
At 26/6/07 08:34, Blogger ChrisB said...

willowtree ahh but I still have to master the video recorder!!

mjd thank you for the compliment

theotherbear I would indeed be flattered!

pamela the carpenter were great I watched a TV programme about them a few weeks ago it brought back memories.

gawilli I'm finding the computer has seriously interferred with my reading!

lisa you really don't want to look at that mess!

my4kids they obviously look neater than they really are!!

sam the dresser and the book case I bought back in 1966 and they were the first nice pieces of furniture I had in my first house so I'm rather fond of them. By the way I did the meme did you see it?

bichonpawz thank you.

 
At 26/6/07 10:04, Blogger Unknown said...

I loved the first bookcase....and omg, your other cupboard IS almost identical to mine!

 
At 26/6/07 10:53, Blogger ChrisB said...

tiger lamb girl that's exactly what I thought when I saw the original post about yours. I still like the way you have re-vamped yours.

 
At 26/6/07 14:51, Blogger AfKaP said...

Your a better organizer than I am, Gunga Din!Was that Elvis last week? I thought it was Bing Crosby! I'm a dope! Can't believe you'd rather look at shelves than Wimbledon (There is probably a connection between that last item and the neatness of your shelves!)

 
At 26/6/07 14:58, Blogger ChrisB said...

wendy last week was Dean Martin. I just didn't want to miss a nose into everyone else's home!!

 
At 26/6/07 17:41, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a great idea with the video. Loved it! And I see lots of geat books too! Great Fun Monday.

 
At 26/6/07 17:49, Blogger ChrisB said...

joy t. thanks for dropping by :)

 
At 26/6/07 23:50, Blogger Kaytabug said...

oh oh are any of those blue and white plates blue willow? I love the Blue willow, I have quite the collection of Blue willow.

Happy to see all the fellow book lovers!

 
At 27/6/07 06:23, Blogger ChrisB said...

kaytabug those plates are only 40 years old but I do have a few antique ones on display in my hall.

 
At 27/6/07 17:11, Blogger Devon said...

You amaze me... not only do you have a tremendous amount of books, but your blogging technical skills are just great.

I'm not jealous... really, seriously, O.K., kinda! :)

 
At 30/6/07 05:17, Blogger ~ej said...

this was wonderful, i love having a peek at your shelves :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home