Friday, November 29, 2013

Day 29 Brown Sugar Oatmeal Cookies with Cranberries

As you might remember, from an earlier post this week, I've had the builder in doing some roof repairs.  He's rather fond of home baking so I thought I would try out a cookie recipe that someone had recommended in a group to which I belong.

I mean absolutely no offence to my American friends when I say recipes that give the amounts in 'cups' are not really my favourite. I looked up conversions and could get grams (can cope with that as my scales will convert to oz. I still don't find grams easy even after all the years we became partially metric).
In my mind the final amounts for cup/grams did not really stack up so I decided to knock a few grams off here and there and see what happened. I also decided to use some authentic 'multi- purpose gluten free flour' that Sam had brought all the way from the states when she visited last Christmas. Really this was intended for my grandaughter, who is gluten intolerant. So I figured if it worked well it would be something I could bake for her!

Anyway enough of my prattling I give you the cookies in pictures:-






 The end result was not too bad. My builder seemed to like them!
These are Brown Sugar Oatmeal Cookies (I also added a cup of cranberries)

Imagine my surprise when I looked at the link and found that it was one of Ree's (The Pioneer Woman) recipes. I think next time I might put a little less sugar!!

I tried to link to Ree's page but couldn't so copied the recipe.

Ingredients

  • 1 cup Salted Butter, Softened
  • 2 cups Packed Dark Brown Sugar
  • 2 teaspoons Vanilla Extract
  • 2 whole Eggs
  • 1-1/2 cup All-purpose Flour
  • 1 teaspoon Salt
  • 1/2 teaspoon Baking Soda
  • 3 cups Old Fashioned Oats

Preparation Instructions

Preheat the oven to 350 F.
In the bowl of an electric mixer (or using a hand mixer) beat together the butter and brown sugar until fluffy. Beat in vanilla. Add eggs, one at a time, scraping the bowl after each one.
Mix together the flour, salt, and baking soda in a medium sized bowl. Add it into the creamed mixture in 2 to 3 batches, mixing it until just combined. Mix in the oats until just combined.
Use your preferred size cookie scoop (or a regular spoon) to drop portions of dough onto a lightly greased cookie sheet, spacing them a couple inches apart. Bake for 12-13 minutes or until dark and chewy. If you'd like a crispier cookie, just cook a little longer!
Let them cool slight on the pan after removing from the oven, then transfer the cookies onto a plate for serving.
* Note: Add 1/2 cup finely chopped nuts to the flour mixture if you'd like a nutty flavour and crunch.

Labels:

4 Comments:

At 29/11/13 21:07, Blogger karisma said...

Oooh they look yummy! I am yet to try baking gluten free cookies. I keep intending to bake but never seem to get around to it. Might have to give this one a try. Thanks for sharing the recipe. xoxox

 
At 30/11/13 13:49, Blogger ChrisB said...

Karisma it's certainly worth giving them a try!

 
At 5/12/13 18:33, Blogger Kila said...

Sounds good, thanks for sharing!

 
At 3/1/14 00:25, Blogger Beccy said...

They look yummy.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home