Saturday, February 21, 2009

Boots from old Buses

I've been meaning to share this since I read the article a few weeks ago.

It's not a very clear picture because I was taking a photo of a newspaper article.
Apparently the *First* Bus Company are using some of the old seating and tyres to make these boots. Well that's a novel idea, and recycling is good for the environment but at £70 a pair I'm not convinced they will catch on.

This little video about the boots was taken in Bristol and will give you a better look at them. Let me know what you think!


Archives:
2008: Reminder to self
2007: The Wanderer Returns Home

Labels: , , , ,

9 Comments:

At 21/2/09 13:32, Blogger Molly said...

That is rather pricey. However, other shoes bt Nike, Reebok, and Adidas cost more. But people buying recycled stuff make up a different market than the kids and other folks buying atheletic shoes.

 
At 21/2/09 13:56, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Adds a "wholenother" meaning to:
"These Boots Are Made for Walking...and that's just what they'll do...one of these days these boots will...er um...RUN right over you..."

***swampy exits humming***

May that song be stuck in your head all weekend ! TeeHeeHee

 
At 21/2/09 18:03, Blogger ChrisB said...

Molly it will be interesting to see if we hear anything else about them.

Swampy now I've got that song running through my head!

 
At 21/2/09 19:21, Blogger Sam said...

we call it an 'Earworm'

 
At 21/2/09 20:00, Blogger cookiecrumb said...

I love the boots. But they're outside my budget.
Are ya ready boots? Start walking!

 
At 21/2/09 20:06, Blogger ChrisB said...

CC I think if they has been priced around £20-25 they would sell for the novelty factor but this is far too costly.

 
At 21/2/09 22:11, Blogger willowtree said...

Why pay all that money to put your feet in the seat when you can put them on it for nothing!

 
At 21/2/09 22:53, Blogger Beccy said...

Ha, ha WT.

Well lots of boots cost that much or more and aren't eco friendly so I hope they take off!

 
At 22/2/09 03:30, Blogger Alison said...

wow....that is pricey. The thought of wearing boots that were made out of tires and bus seats doesn't sound too appealing to me though...I can't help but think of all the germs, although I am sure they sterilize the material.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home