Thursday, April 10, 2008

Thankful Thursday........Aphids beware!


I haven't officially joined in this week but I wanted to say how thankful I am that my mother has been given the all clear from the hospital. Yesterday, when we saw the consultant he was able to confirm they had removed all the cancerous cells from her leg, and the area is healing well. I only have to continue nursing duties (dressing the wound) for another ten days and the consultant thinks it will then be OK to leave it open to continue healing. My mother wanted me to say a particularly big thank you to everyone who wished her well and prayed for her. This, really, has helped her to cope with all the discomfort. She is sure her Guardian Angel has been looking after her and she is thanking God for her recovery.

As I write this she is getting ready to go out with her friend, Kathleen and she is even talking about walking the few hundred yards to our local Tesco shop in a few days. I think we can safely say she is back to normal!

**************************************************
Remember this post about making a spray to get rid of aphids. Well Embee picked the first rhubarb and, using the recipe for the leaves, I made up these two bottles..........aphids be warned if you come near my plants you will get an unpleasant surprise!

Archives:
2007: A visit to the Country

Labels: , , , ,

30 Comments:

At 10/4/08 09:23, Blogger Beccy said...

I'm so relieved to hear that granny is ok and back to all her gadding about.

 
At 10/4/08 11:10, Blogger the mother of this lot said...

Glad your mum is on the mend.

 
At 10/4/08 11:17, Blogger Dea said...

So glad your Mum is getting better... let us know if the spray works!!!

 
At 10/4/08 12:49, Blogger Anvilcloud said...

Good for Mom.

That's a pretty good idea -- to have a thankful day.

 
At 10/4/08 13:02, Blogger kitten said...

That is something to be thankful for, matter fact, something to shout about!

 
At 10/4/08 13:17, Blogger Happy Working Mom said...

Yeah for your mom!!!! I'm so glad that she's healing up!

 
At 10/4/08 13:42, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well that is wonderful news, perfect for thankful Thursday and perfect for her on any day!
And good for her going for a wander to Tescos! As long as she takes it easy which I sure you will make sure she does!

 
At 10/4/08 13:50, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am pleased your mum is healing well.

Well done on the careful nursing.

 
At 10/4/08 14:51, Anonymous Anonymous said...

So pleased your mum's been given the all clear.

Hope the spray works.

 
At 10/4/08 15:00, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hearing the all clear from your mom's doctor is definitely something to be thankful for. Yay!

 
At 10/4/08 15:15, Blogger Unknown said...

I'm so glad your mom is doing well. :) Yay!

And I'm glad that you labeled that aphid juice. :)

 
At 10/4/08 15:55, Blogger Unknown said...

Great news about your Mum!!

 
At 10/4/08 15:55, Blogger la bellina mammina said...

Glad to hear your mom is well..

 
At 10/4/08 17:46, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wonderful news about your mom! Yeah.

Now - I need to go out and see if my rhubarb is ready. I haven't exactly been a good gardener this spring.

 
At 10/4/08 21:35, Blogger Sandy said...

Hurray for your mom! I have been telling everyone who asks me about aphid repellent to try rhubarb leaves.

 
At 10/4/08 21:53, Blogger Attie said...

That is most terrific!! Truly it is! And let us know the outcome on that spray!!!

 
At 10/4/08 23:12, Blogger Kahless said...

Oooh, thanks for the link to the aphid soray. I will definately give it a go on my roses.

 
At 10/4/08 23:14, Blogger the mother of this lot said...

Award over here for you.

 
At 11/4/08 00:31, Blogger Alix said...

very good news about your Mum.

I'll be interested to hear how the spray goes.

 
At 11/4/08 01:42, Blogger Zoomie said...

Happy news, indeed, and good to hear she has plans with a pal!

 
At 11/4/08 03:28, Blogger frannie said...

I am so happy that Granny has the all clear!!!!

 
At 11/4/08 03:29, Blogger frannie said...

too bad the aphids don't have the same fate.

 
At 11/4/08 05:00, Blogger Kila said...

Those bottles look like they contain a yummy juice!

I hope your mom continues to get well!

 
At 11/4/08 06:48, Blogger bichonpawz said...

I am very pleased to hear that your mum is better now! And yes, please, let us know how the aphid spray is working!!

 
At 11/4/08 08:33, Blogger ChrisB said...

jackie thank you for the award I have already started a draft post to pass it on.

 
At 11/4/08 11:36, Blogger Steffi said...

I am glad to hear your mum is okay!

 
At 12/4/08 06:11, Blogger ~ej said...

hurray for your mum!! :-) and the aphid spray looks good....we have 'aphid' on our vocab list to learn this week....but not rhubarb ;-)

 
At 12/4/08 09:18, Blogger Joy T. said...

So glad to read your mum is doing good. And I'll be checking out that recipe for the aphids. I use a lot of dill in the summer and those aphids have me pulling my hair out some days.

 
At 12/4/08 16:09, Blogger Sabrina said...

Oooh I am terrified of aphids. They give me the willies. They are so icky!!! Hope they heed your warning and vamoose!

 
At 13/4/08 05:21, Blogger Alison said...

great news on your Mum..that is wonderful. Please let me know if the aphid spray works.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home