Saturday, March 08, 2008

Home Sweet Home

I arrived home about an hour ago and decided to do a very quick post to say I've had a lovely time in Dublin with Beccy, Joules and the children. I am always amazed at how quickly a week flies by when you are having fun. The weather was not brilliant and I did not get to take as many photos as I would have liked but I have a few to share with you in the next week or so.

Last Tuesday I asked you to have a guess at who lived behind these gates. There were some great guesses, from Posh Spice (I don't see her in Dublin, not enough sun!), Maeve Binchey (I believe she lives in Dalkey , Gloria Hunniford, to The Edge, Westlife and even Molly Malone (there is a statue of 'the Tart with a Cart' at the end of Grafton Street).

However the answer was of course BONO and the first person to guess correctly was johng. So although I wasn't intending this to be rewarded with a prize if you send me your address John a little piece of tat will come your way!!



Archives:
2007: If you could see us now

Labels:

11 Comments:

At 9/3/08 03:25, Blogger Barbara said...

Welcome Back Chris. Loved the postcards.

 
At 9/3/08 05:14, Blogger Alison said...

welcome home Chris...I am glad you had a lovely time!!!

 
At 9/3/08 06:08, Blogger Pamela said...

the postcards were beautiful.
My co-workers tell me I look like Bono when I'm wearing my sun glasses. (similar to his, I guess)

Can I go to Ireland with you next time?

 
At 9/3/08 09:50, Blogger ChrisB said...

pamela we could zoom around Ireland on that nifty little bike of ours!!

 
At 9/3/08 11:25, Blogger laurie said...

bono! of course!

wowser. did you go in for tea?

i am trying to picture Pamela as bono and it's making me laugh.

 
At 9/3/08 12:00, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Welcome home Chris. I enjoyed the photos of my native City. The arrived faster than the normal post!

 
At 9/3/08 13:40, Blogger Alix said...

Ah Bono!
Welcome home, glad you had such a nice time.

 
At 9/3/08 17:00, Blogger ChrisB said...

laurie tea with Bono I should be so lucky!!!now if that happened it would be something to write about!!!!!

 
At 9/3/08 20:10, Blogger Steffi said...

Welcome back at home,Chris!I am sure you had a nice time in Ireland!

 
At 11/3/08 06:35, Blogger my4kids said...

I thought of that since Beccy has said she lived near him before!

 
At 11/3/08 22:54, Blogger Secret Squirrel said...

welcome home...how are the tortoises?

i really loved the post cards the photos are beautiful.

xox eve xox

 

Post a Comment

<< Home